Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I’d like Norwich youngster on loan 
    It's one thing Premiership sides fielding weakened teams in the FA Cup, now their not loaning out because they use those players for that competition only. This might have scuppered us getting Idah and the Spanish Liverpool lad.
  • Ferryman said:
    I’d like Norwich youngster on loan 
    It's one thing Premiership sides fielding weakened teams in the FA Cup, now their not loaning out because they use those players for that competition only. This might have scuppered us getting Idah and the Spanish Liverpool lad.
    Interesting theory

• Disappointed to hear they were booked into a hotel when they should stay in a tent in Sparrows lane. We are in a relegation battle and we need players ready for the fight, not soft lads.

And I mean a tent not a marquee !
  • The way Southall is behaving you'd wonder if he's left it till the last minute like this deliberately for the ultimate teasing
  • One Matty Southall, There's only one Matty Southall
  • edited January 2020
    The way Southall is behaving you'd wonder if he's left it till the last minute like this deliberately for the ultimate teasing
    Tbf to him, he did say you get the better deals at the end of the window. Maybe he's been calling other Club's bluff for last couple of weeks? Poacher turned gamekeeper etc....
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    I’d like Norwich youngster on loan 
    Norwich didn't play Idah in the last round, and they're likely away at Spurs in the 5th round. Be a bit silly to keep a player for 4 months just for that, when he could go and get valuable experience elsewhere, especially given they'll likely be playing at this level next season themselves.
  • Maybe HE came to London with some good news for Southall regarding some extra wonga? 
  • Sage said:
    Next signing has to be a permanent one by the looks of how things are playing out.

Got 85 minutes to get it finalised to be involved tomorrow. No rush.
    But not 85 minutes to get it announced ;)
  • sam3110 said:
    Adam Wilson, left midfielder who can play left back too, was out injured for nigh on a year and never played for Newcastle first team. 
    Sounds like the start of Maddison's career funnily enough! (Bar the injury maybe)
  • You know, I’ve just got a feeling that the “super duper” deal that we tried for in the summer is Toney...
    No chance. They want 10m
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I am finding Southall absolutely hilarious today. I feel like he's in his element, loving the busy-busy buzz and the positive attention he's getting from it being deadline day, and is also operating on very little sleep and so is a bit giddy. Stuff like this has the capacity to backfire if you make big promises and get nothing, but having alreday brought one player in I think he's just genuinely enjoying himself and is communicating with fans about the possibility of deals, which is a refreshing change from being told nothing and hearing 'undisclosed' whenever anything does happen.

Probably shouldn't give him any more sugar though.
    It's great fun, though when he refers to a super dupa deal phone, it does raise expectations slightly as to who we're after. It'll be a bit of a damp squib is the super dupa deal phone delivers a 17 year old right back from Barnet!
  • You know, I’ve just got a feeling that the “super duper” deal that we tried for in the summer is Toney...
    No chance. They want 10m
    This and if we're keeping LT then there are better ways we could use 10m

Not happening... Darragh wants 10mill, another 2mill in add ons, plus him to be loaned back for the season
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Maybe HE came to London with some good news for Southall regarding some extra wonga? 
    Reckon he'd have just phoned him mate

• edited January 2020
    Based on Matt's video this morning, I think our next signing will be somebody we've been talking about. Because Matt is offering two free tickets and I don't think he would make that gesture if there wasn't a genuine chance someone would guess

Could be wrong though
  • So do we think we will sign someone we haven't been rumoured with at all today?? Have to say really enjoying deadline day today for the first time in ages!!! 😂 
  • Think an announcement coming around 12 GMT. Judging by Matt's earlier tweets
  • sam3110 said:
    Why do they refer to themselves as Salop? Always makes me think of the French word salope which is "bitch" 
    long path from Latin to old English