Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• He's coming across like a kid having fun, playing real life championship manager. Thats not a negative btw.

Lets see if it comes off. Fingers crossed
    Said this to a mate earlier... Love it, and I'm very envious. If he does pull off the signings, I'm loving the twitter stuff. Actually excited about deadline day for once
  • Thing is, people won't even be embarrassed by their behaviour and over reactions yesterday. Hopefully it's going to be a good day 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    You know, I’ve just got a feeling that the “super duper” deal that we tried for in the summer is Toney...

Not happening... Darragh wants 10mill, another 2mill in add ons, plus him to be loaned back for the season
    I don't think for a second we are getting Toney, but I think Peterborough would buckle at far less than £10m - I think £6m
  • I’m still hoping that our next signing is a contract extension for Lyle...
  • Suspect any announcement will be done after training, so yeah midday makes sense 
  • Bostock would be quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• The super dupa deal phone is in use today 
    I hope that one is saved for Lyle Taylor
  • This better be good...
  • edited January 2020
    You know, I’ve just got a feeling that the “super duper” deal that we tried for in the summer is Toney...
    The "model" is buy low and sell high, which Peterborough do better than anyone and was the advice McAnthony passed on to his mate, Matt recently.

100% no chance, but would love to be wrong.
  • Who’d of thought an ex agent knows how the window and deadline day works. In Southall we trust.
    Never in doubt

😉
  • sam3110 said:
    Why do they refer to themselves as Salop? Always makes me think of the French word salope which is "bitch" 
    It's slut not bitch. Not sure that's better mind you?!

Why would he be quality?
    Agree

https://youtu.be/BenyvLmiApU
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Not happening... Darragh wants 10mill, another 2mill in add ons, plus him to be loaned back for the season
    I don't think for a second we are getting Toney, but I think Peterborough would buckle at far less than £10m - I think £6m
    No need to sell when they're sitting 4th in league one and having just lost Maddison. Why would they sell him for 6m now when probably 15+ championship sides will be after him in the summer?
  • What a difference 16 odd hours makes
    That image next to your user name...every time I see it makes me think of Palace's crest...

• Chunes said:
    Think an announcement coming around 12 GMT. Judging by Matt's earlier tweets
    We'll ive a meeting at 11 so if he could kindly work around that, that will dandy
    You are so selfish.

I'm "in camera" between 2.30- 4.30 so if you could announce the names before or after please Matt.
    Cheers.
  • cafc-west said:
    What a difference 16 odd hours makes
    That image next to your user name...every time I see it makes me think of Palace's crest...

*stalker*

😉
  • Rothko said:
    Thing is, people won't even be embarrassed by their behaviour and over reactions yesterday. Hopefully it's going to be a good day 
    I think people were expecting a bit more good news by now which seems fair enough. Aiden McGeady on loan is okay but not massively exciting.

It's hard to judge the new owners - our main concern is to stay up.

• Valley11 said:
    Bostock would be quality.
    Agree

https://youtu.be/BenyvLmiApU
    He can certainly pick a pass out. 
  • Chunes said:
    Matt is certainly enjoying himself today!
    And we should all too