Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Why do people keep typing ESL?!
    Cos we're feeling Ever So Letdown?  ;)
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Imagine the meltdown Saturday if we lose Tayler, no incomings & lose to Barnsley!  
    Can’t understand why ESI rushed through this deal in time for the transfer window! Going to get pelters!!!!!
    Imagine we win on Saturday, Taylor plays and scores a goal.

Glass half empty vs glass half full

Nobody has done much yet this window.  We are so used to the "We need bodies" line being rolled out but the fact is the midfield is nearly back to the beginning of the season (you know - when we were playing very well) and the players should, theoretically, be less fatigued than many of our opposition.
    Bonne will be fit soon, Hemed showed signs of being near to match fit last week, Aneke seems to have got fit and seemingly found some goalscoring boots whilst he was absent.  

There is still 18 hours to go and I don't believe we won't sign anyone.  Still very hopeful on Maddison.  But the bottom line is our destiny is in our own hands.  We have the players to stay up.

It's never easy being a Charlton fan, we all know that, but things ARE better than they were a couple of months ago and the future is, seemingly, bright.  Just a slightly sticky patch to navigate at the moment
    great post .. 2 things .. Gallagher the midfield mainstay back in the autumn has gone .. if Taylor scores a hat trick on Saturday and let's hope he does, that will be after 'the window' has closed and we will be left with what we have .. playing a devil's advocate role here b t w ((:>)
    Gallagher was, and is, a fantastic player.  He came from nowhere and when that midfield was purring he was a big part of it.  His last handful of games were a little disappointing though in honesty and maybe a 19 year old rookie isn't quite up to a dogfight at this stage of his career.  Seems Chelsea thought that too.  Besides we now have Doughty who, once he calms down and delivers accurately, will be a great asset to us.  

Saying that - Maddison is like Doughty on steroids so if we get him in too I'll be like a dog with two dicks.
    I thought you were close to "the club"? If you are you'll know that Gallagher left because of his agent. Not "Chelsea", at least not Tore Andre Flo, running the rule over him at Sparrows Lane in December. 

No blame attaches to ESI or anyone at Charlton for this one.

Take a look at this interview with Gallagher in today's Guardian. Note that not a word, not a single word is there on why he moved from us to Swansea. Now ask yourself, isn't that a little odd? Well not if his agent arranged it or did most of the talking for him.
    If Chelsea weren't on side with him moving he wouldn't have - but he did so they must have had some input.  I also know he was pretty much in tears when he was leaving the training ground - he was happy here.  I wish him well and vbelieve he is going to go on and have a great career and I place no blame whatsoever on ESI, CAFC or Conor.  

Agents are a necessary evil in this game and, sadly, some are more interested in themselves and not the player.  An agent that puts the player first would be a cracking business model!! ;-) 
    You could make a film about it, I see Tom Cruise as the lead...............
  • Bubble said:
    “We would never pay the wages! We’re a joke.”

Oh wait, Roland’s gone now we can’t say that anymore.

”That’s not part of the current wage structure, can’t blame ESI for not paying the wages.”
    When it comes to McGeady though, that's a bit of a false equivalence. Isn't he on something ridiculous like £30k a week? Which would be at least treble what any current squad member is on...
  • Sums it up.

• I think the Bowen transfer to Palace will start the Domino effect in the Championship transfer merry go round now. Things will move very quickly one way or the other. 
  • This is as flat as Karl Robinson's charm. 
  • I think the Bowen transfer to Palace will start the Domino effect in the Championship transfer merry go round now. Things will move very quickly one way or the other. 

is that confirmed ?

• I think his wage demands wouldn't fit in with the ESI business model.
    read somewhere they're looking for someone to contribute 10k a week to his wages, wonder what he's on ?
  • Sponsored links:

is that confirmed ?
    They've had a bid of £16million accepted. 

• Hull will get Maddison and must be a threat to get Taylor if they get the big shilling .

If Taylor goes I guess we get the guy from Bristol Rovers and they get Davidson on loan as well as £1 million.
    We get the Rangers reserve.

That's pitiful.

Best I can see at moment Taylor stays and we get the Rangers reserve

Dear o dear

Still MS knows our history and we are going to be sustainable,inclusive  with strong community links ------ worth getting the new PR guy in first.As for the dosh well six months to find it.

That noise ? Hope it ain't  Roland laughing

is that confirmed ?

Yes ...... unless he goes to Newcastle. :smile:

• I think his wage demands wouldn't fit in with the ESI business model.
    read somewhere they're looking for someone to contribute 10k a week to his wages, wonder what he's on ?
    A quick google has lead me to believe around £30k... astronomical.
  • Has anyone been checking over at Sparrows Lane to see if any Laundry baskets have been moved in or out...hoping that some or all them baskets will be in place by noon tomoz...& the new players jump out & surprise us all...!!! still thinking we will be alrite at the end of this transfer window...& hoping the basket containing Taylor is the one locked in a cleaning cupboard somewhere till sat morning...

in LB/JJ/Gallen & ESI I trust...(ish)
  • One thing since ESi have come in is that there have been a couple of occasions where things have been on the verge of going bad. Like with Bowyers contract etc. Then they end up pulling something out the bag.

You never know but you can hope.
  • edited January 2020
    One thing since ESi have come in is that there have been a couple of occasions where things have been on the verge of going bad. Like with Bowyers contract etc. Then they end up pulling something out the bag.

You never know but you can hope.
    Was thinking similar earlier. we know they read CL and will no doubt be very aware of the feeling of disappointment if the squad is not added to and outage if taylor is let go. 
  • The was something about the way Southall said, 'There will be marquee signings' that seemed to suggest that there would be in the future but not necessarily straight away. I am trying to believe that he reckons that we'll survive and then we can splash the cash in the summer. I'm having doubts though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What's worrying is that there isn't really any rumours at all flying about
  • Uboat said:
    The was something about the way Southall said, 'There will be marquee signings' that seemed to suggest that there would be in the future but not necessarily straight away. I am trying to believe that he reckons that we'll survive and then we can splash the cash in the summer. I'm having doubts though. 
    I did wonder the same, with splashing out in the summer. Did make me question whether the Peterborough chairman saying that some teams want Toney but cannot until the summer due to FFP could have been us, but this is probably more blind faith at this moment in time. 
  • Melrose said:
    What's worrying is that there isn't really any rumours at all flying about
    Nobody at the club would say anything about prospective signings, anyway .... not until the ink was dry on a contract.

The first you'll know about it will be on the OS; a picture of a Third Division loanee with Scarfy. :neutral:

• Just an idea, maybe the rumours aren't flowing out as the ITK people aren't as well connected to ESI as the previous regime
    A comforting thought, but I'm past believing that we're suddenly going to have a press conference and unveil five new signings.
  • I love Lyle Taylor and praying he stays, but he's nowhere near prem quality imo 

The same was said about Pope, JBG and wait for it Francis.

I respect your opinion but if any Premier club have bid for Lyle he will insist the club accept it, as this has been Taylor's ambition ever since he cleaned Neil Harris' boots.
    Pope was 22/23 at the time so plenty more potential & I massively disagree re. JBG the bloke was class and easily Prem quality (see his hatrick for Iceland). Francis granted 
  • Just an idea, maybe the rumours aren't flowing out as the ITK people aren't as well connected to ESI as the previous regime
    Good point. Bowyer was usually the man for all that news because our CEO was non existant, now that he's taken a backseat to MS, Matt might want it a bit quiet 
  • Melrose said:
    What's worrying is that there isn't really any rumours at all flying about
    Maddison, Docherty, Clarke-Harris.

There is plenty out there