Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Actually quite shocked that nothing has happened.

We all thought we would be stronger after January but it now looks like we will be weaker.

Still over a day to go so you never know I guess but not looking promising from what has been said today.
  • I hate January  :(
  • If there are no decent signings, Lyle leaves and chip portions are reduced to single figures that could be it for me. 
    how many chips would entice you to stay ?
  • Roland must be pissing himself 
  • So the incoming Doherty does rule out Maddison ?
  • I hope we are all proved wrong but have to agree with others that this would be most unnecessary relegation ever. 
    ESI should stop talking and start doing.
    After all the chat I dont feel we've moved on one bit from RD.
    Oh but we have, Charlton Athletic Football Club no longer own The Valley or Sparrows Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Prepare for more bed wetting by many...

O’Kane has joined Luton on a 18 month deal from Leeds. A player we tried to sign last season and last summer.
    Hope he's over his injury troubles - Barely played for them since he joined last season after a leg break (?)
  • So the incoming Doherty does rule out Maddison ?
    I should imagine he's the Kayal replacement.

• Scoham said:
    Maynard-Brewer has signed for Dover on loan for the rest of the season.

Amos must be available again.

http://www.doverathletic.com/news/keeper-joins-on-loan/
    And, of course, being loaned to a non-League side means he can be recalled if needed.

• SantaClaus said:
    Bilko said:
    Roland must be pissing himself 
    At his age it's probably a slow and painful process. At least I hope it is.
    Roland’s loving it at the moment. Got his £50M for a club that was costing him money, still owns a couple of bits of prime London real estate and now we, the folk that wanted him gone so dearly are having a pretty disappointing January window. 
  • Why is everyone so sure that we’re signing Doherty? 

I’ve read through a few pages and I can only see rumours, nothing solid at all. 

Can someone enlighten me please? I think he’s a very good midfielder and would be happy with that 
  • Matty definitely shot himself in the foot stating 'deals pending' and 'marquee signings'
    You do know the transfer window has not shut yet? 
    We were told by LB that players wouldn't come to us unless they knew he was going to be here on a permanent basis so I have absolutely no doubt we will make a couple of signings - just not sure what quality they will be or whether we will lose Taylor. Notwithstanding that, whatever happened, to the maxim to "under promise and over deliver" because it would save a lot of people getting their hopes up and tearing their hair out if MS and LB had adopted that stance. 
  • edited January 2020
    Dannoo_86 said:
    Great!! - Bolton have signed Kean Bryan on loan

Really does show how skint our owners are if even the likes of Bolton are able to beat us to signings that we're after!!!
    Maybe just maybe we didn’t want to sign the player and in all honesty he hasn’t really played that many games recently.
    Oooo I got one - Quicker than even I thought I would :D
  • I just started watching Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix and am up to the point where Chris Coleman has arrived, Jonny Williams has just returned from injury, and they fail to sign players to fill gaps in the squad in the January window. Feels very uncomfortable as we all know what happened next. Still hopeful that we’ll be in a better place by 11pm tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just started watching Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix and am up to the point where Chris Coleman has arrived, Jonny Williams has just returned from injury, and they fail to sign players to fill gaps in the squad in the January window. Feels very uncomfortable as we all know what happened next. Still hopeful that we’ll be in a better place by 11pm tomorrow.
    Hard to compare as the atmosphere @ Sunderland was toxic that season, never got going in the first place

I can imagine there being arguments at Charlton as we've got players who want to be winning and dont like this current form but reckon the overall atmosphere at Sparrows Lane is positive
    Agree, it will be terrible if we end up with Coleman.
  • Oggy Red said:
    it seems obvious we are still trying to buy in the bargain basement department of footballers and that raises a very large red flag . 
    That's where the bargains are, Beds.

You've only got to look at Brentford's model in the Championship.
    And Southall has already said that's something he aspires to.

They buy players like Konsa for £3M and sell for £12M...If selling on our best players is the plan, which going by the PR so far, it seems to be, then we need to stop predominately signing loans, and start signing better permanents. We also need to get our good academy players on contracts that actually helps the footballing side of the Club going forward.
  • Great!! - Bolton have signed Kean Bryan on loan

Really does show how skint our owners are if even the likes of Bolton are able to beat us to signings that we're after!!!
    It's good that it proves that money isn't really the issue for some of the signings. We're linked with players but it doesn't mean that we're actually in for them or that we'll necessarily go for them in the end. Bryan has just signed for the bottom team in League One so I doubt he would have been the answer in terms of sorting our defence out
  • According to SSN LB wants LT to stay amongst Premier League interest
  • Joking aside, getting decent loan moves for some of our youngsters is important too.

While sending to the NL like with AMB gives us flexibility, for the likes of Morgan they either need to part of our squad OR at a decent L1/L2 club. The delay in getting in signings means that loans out are being delayed too.