Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• CHARLTON WARN FULHAM OVER DOUGHTY

Charlton have told Fulham that Alfie Doughty is not for sale.

The Whites made an enquiry about the 20-year-old midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract.

continues as he is and we will struggle to keep hold of him though.

The Whites made an enquiry about the 20-year-old midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract.

Ahh the classic "at least we kept hold of our young talent" phrase being lined up for tomorrow night.
  • Everybody's happy nowadays
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

Hope we can get some clarity on those quotes at the Thursday presser today.
    But our manager has just said the JCH story isn't true.

We don't know how much the Maddison bid was, but clearly wasn't 1 million.
    Could have been £999,999.99
    Posh fans estimated they'd get around £750,000 with the add ons. MacAnthony said on Twitter it would be in instalments.
  • Get a grip, your embarrassing yourselves. The January transfer window is notoriously difficult. So many deals are done at the last minute. I suggest you all go back to doing your jobs, stop all this negative claptrap and let LB SG and MS get on with theirs!   
    LB - Sorry lads training is cancelled today I have got 200 posts to catch up on Charlton Life. If only they would stop posting I could get back to my job. 
    I can just imagine Bowyers comments on Saturday. “We didn’t have time to get players in, we were too busy engrossed on the Celebrities that are still alive thread on Charlton life.  Can’t believe Gene Hackman is 90”
    Is he?!
  • When’s the EFL deadline for signings to be included in Saturdays squad, today?
  • DA9 said:
    When’s the EFL deadline for signings to be included in Saturdays squad, today?
    Midday tomorrow (Friday)
  • I am not in the trust the arabs brigade. The title of our new owners is Investments.training ground looks like a likely investment,not the football club
    They are not interested in spending any money that is if they actually have any.
    Glikstien mark 2.
    Get Card on standby.

• I hope we are all proved wrong but have to agree with others that this would be most unnecessary relegation ever. 
    ESI should stop talking and start doing.
    After all the chat I dont feel we've moved on one bit from RD.
    I understand what you are saying and agree to some degree that they do really need to give Bowyer enough to stay up this year weather that be good loans or signings.

Bowyer on a 3 year deal is a positive and step in the right direction compared to Roland and his 1 year contract. 

ESI ownership of the club will be judge on much more than this January window but they are in danger of starting it off on the back foot with the fans, however it is just as important to lay the long term fondation of the club something Roland has never done. 

• Curbey said:
    Can one of the optimists please post now. 
    Hello Curbey!
    🤓
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020

CHARLTON WARN FULHAM OVER DOUGHTY

Actually, Doughty is a real find, if we get a few more quality players in and keep Taylor we'll be a stronger team than at the start of the season.
  • Chunes said:
    Is there actually any credible-looking rumour out there that Taylor is off, this window?
    Just Cawley saying that's what he'd heard. 
    He didn't say that, he said if we sign JCH that will be to replace Taylor in his opinion, then said it's what he'd heard.

Personally think that also means if we do not sign JCH we will still have Taylor.
  • edited January 2020
    Embarrassing that people were singing Southalls name a few weeks ago. A man who tweeted deals pending 16 days ago and how many players have we signed in that time? Zero. People who think we will be okay and not to panic are jokers 
  • When was Bowye r told who to pick by The Rat? Chris Powell was.

We made bids for players with The Rat, Igor cost well over a million.

I'll be there even if we go down but at the moment I see ESI as being totally out of their depth and floundering about with NO MONEY but six months to find it. How the fuc k they do that if we go down is the big worry.

Roland ain't gone he is our fuckin g landlord !!
    Exactly, our old owner told a manager who to pick, our knew owner doesn’t.

what proof have you got that they have no money? Because we are 21st and struggling to sign players! That proves that January is ridiculous, see Peterborough and Toney for example. It doesn’t prove we have no money

Are you always this negative about everything ? I bet you’re a Doomsday prepper and have cupboards full of backed beans
  • cafc4life said:
    Embarrassing that people were singing Southalls name a few weeks ago. A man who tweeted deals pending 16 days ago and how many players have we signed in that time? Zero. People who think we will be okay and not to panic are jokers 
    How is panicking working out for you?
  • cafc4life said:
    If it stays like this, I think the chances of him getting another chant are slim-to-none.
  • When was Bowye r told who to pick by The Rat? Chris Powell was.

We made bids for players with The Rat, Igor cost well over a million.

I'll be there even if we go down but at the moment I see ESI as being totally out of their depth and floundering about with NO MONEY but six months to find it. How the fuc k they do that if we go down is the big worry.

Roland ain't gone he is our fuckin g landlord !!
    Exactly, our old owner told a manager who to pick, our knew owner doesn’t.

what proof have you got that they have no money? Because we are 21st and struggling to sign players! That proves that January is ridiculous, see Peterborough and Toney for example. It doesn’t prove we have no money

Are you always this negative about everything ? I bet you’re a Doomsday prepper and have cupboards full of backed beans
    I think you meant to @golfie
  • Everybody's happy nowadays
    I'm Appy  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    clive said:
    To me that don't read as bad as the earlier Cawley article. Has Cawley made it seem worse or have CAFC done the article to make it sound better. 
  • Bowyer explained: “Hopefully we’ll be bringing players in. I don’t want to be selling. I want to add to the squad not deplete it. At the moment we’re two players down from when the window opened so as the manager I want as many bodies coming through the door as possible.

“If you ask me or any other manager you want to strengthen your squad, especially coming into this part of the season. I want bodies coming in to help me and the team.

“The more we get, the easier the job for me because then you have more people to choose from and we have a lot of games coming up in February, so we need to be able to rotate the squad.”

Bowyer explained: “Hopefully we’ll be bringing players in. I don’t want to be selling. I want to add to the squad not deplete it. At the moment we’re two players down from when the window opened so as the manager I want as many bodies coming through the door as possible.

“If you ask me or any other manager you want to strengthen your squad, especially coming into this part of the season. I want bodies coming in to help me and the team.

“The more we get, the easier the job for me because then you have more people to choose from and we have a lot of games coming up in February, so we need to be able to rotate the squad.”

Saw that coming a mile off, ten seconds of watching him and you know he's a player 
  • the worrying thing for MS is that if he dont delivery a decent window that bumper crowd on Saturday could easily get twitchy if the result does not come and the good will and feel good factor he was gifted from being the person to remove Roland will be gone and he and ESI will be on the back foot a bit with the fans. 
    The exact reason they rushed a deal through was so they'd have January to get players signed.

30 days into the window and the squad is weaker.

Personally i think we'll get 2-3 signings done but i can see why people are worrying.
  • edited January 2020
    cafc4life said:
    How is panicking working out for you?
    All I’m saying is , extremely premature to sing a guys name for nothing ? He tweeted what I said , he’s been on sky sports and done an interview mentioning Toney and Maddison, we’ve signed neither and from the sounds of it couldn’t afford either anyway , he’s publicly stated the manager had been offered a 5 year contract , but Over a week down the line bowyer signs a 3 year deal. Erm what about the other 2 years? Actions speak louder than words. And at the moment he has done nothing 
  • clive said:
    Compare that to the one Chris Wilder has just given where incoming players are named & figures quoted. None of this "hopefully" business......
  • edited January 2020
    Get a grip, your embarrassing yourselves. The January transfer window is notoriously difficult. So many deals are done at the last minute. I suggest you all go back to doing your jobs, stop all this negative claptrap and let LB SG and MS get on with theirs!   
    Is that comment addressed to Lee Bowyer ?
    Because our comments are just views on a football forum with the usual good, the bad and the ugly. No one is embarrassing themselves.(not even the blind optimists) I just hope Matt Southall isn't embarrassed by his comment " we had to get in early as the window opened so we could help Lee"

Come on mate, everybody knows that a football forum is for discussing house prices and overrated products. 

Sorry Ricky, it's just that our roof has come off in the storm it's pissing down and some old farts have said we have wet our bed and stop being negative as it will stop raining soon.
    Where would we be without our house analogies ? Homeless I would guess.
  • I hope we are all proved wrong but have to agree with others that this would be most unnecessary relegation ever. 
    ESI should stop talking and start doing.
    After all the chat I dont feel we've moved on one bit from RD.
    I understand what you are saying and agree to some degree that they do really need to give Bowyer enough to stay up this year weather that be good loans or signings.

Bowyer on a 3 year deal is a positive and step in the right direction compared to Roland and his 1 year contract. 

ESI ownership of the club will be judge on much more than this January window but they are in danger of starting it off on the back foot with the fans, however it is just as important to lay the long term fondation of the club something Roland has never done. 

One loan signing (Green) and Bowyer's contract so far if all they've achieved

No contracts for Jacko and Marshall yet
    No new contracts for existing players - Lyle obviously, but even getting someone like Doughty signed up on a longer deal would have been a good news story
    No existing loan signings signed permanently, which was an aim at the start of the window
    The loss of Gallagher (not their fault but adds to the need for urgent reinforcements)
    No perm or loan signings despite Bowyer constantly saying we needed them earlier in the window

A massive couple of days, followed by an equally massive game. No pressure Matt...