Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Do we know WHO Matt Southall used to be a footie agent for? Let's also remember he is new to this role and acting an agent rather than a CEO could be what Bows is hinting at. 
    Southall used to have a directorship at a hair dressing and beauty business, 'Live Lusso Aesthetics',  the company was dissolved in April 2019..  ((:>) … https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10700280
  • edited January 2020
    Would @NL_Addick and @RodneyCharltonTrotta like to reply to Our Manager's latest words or is he just a bed wetter !

Come back @MuttleyCAFC your fears and mine from early this month are coming to fruition. 
    Leave it out fella. We all want the best for our club. Sniping at fellow fans on forums is not constructive.

My comment in response to your little pop has obviously riled you for some reason but just let it go mate as no offence at you was meant when it was posted off the cuff.
    I have been on here nearly 5 years and take the usual banter, that's why I was surprised with you using my quote and digging me out. I just want your opinion now on Lee's comments. If you don't have a comment fair enough, and we move on.
    You are taking it too personally. Wasn't a dig at you. Was meant to be a humorous off the cuff comment on the general pessimism in response to your comment at those maintaining a position of optimism.

Will see what unfolds and deal with facts. If that ultimately changes my position so be it.

• Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 
    or not willing to give money this window or for only for players that fit the mould of young to be sold on at a profit? 
    Then expect league one football next season 
    I think he is taking a gamble for sure. I think he is very confident we will not go down with the players come back but we are at this stage weaker than the start of the season and a lose on Saturday could really turn the place negative for fans and players. 

• Huge step up for Doherty if he arrives.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51304886

Rangers ''possibly'' need to sign a striker after Defoe got injured last night... literally a week after they announced his permanent signing, how unlucky.

Will they go in for Lyle?

• Swisdom said:
    My take on the "haven't bid £1m" statement is that we haven't bid £1m for a player.  JCH is probably just below that and/or instalments.  Maddison has a few months left on his contract so we probably offered £750k or something

The comment about favours could quite easily be that we are looking to bring players in that the manager doesn't want to part with - and we need them to do us a favour and let the player join.

There could also be a bit of gamesmanship here from Bowyer because we are still being quoted silly figures for players we want to sign

time will tell
    We “haven’t bid £1m for a player” but we have bid £4m for one!

or am I dreaming? 
  • edited January 2020
    Huge step up for Doherty if he arrives.
    he played in league one last year and performed very well by all accounts. In that respect no different to Phillips, Lockyer, Taylor, Cullen etc who stepped up and less of a step than Bonne and the youngster who have had to come in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    Have we ever had a good January window? I honestly can’t remember one. 

Players lost 

Murphy
    Yan
    Parker
    Holmes
    Grant

Andy Reid
  • mendonca said:
    Do we know WHO Matt Southall used to be a footie agent for? Let's also remember he is new to this role and acting an agent rather than a CEO could be what Bows is hinting at. 
    Southall used to have a directorship at a hair dressing and beauty business, 'Live Lusso Aesthetics',  the company was dissolved in April 2019..  ((:>) … https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10700280
    Was he not best mates with Kieron Richardson and got into being an agent that way. As I said would be interesting to find out what players he represented 
  • Lee Bowyer would have said to Chairman Matt, let Lyle walk at the end of the season if you can't come to an agreement. Southall said to Lee and the fans," Lyle only leaves if we get silly money." The offer may be as low as 2 million ?  Was @Redhenry correct when he said the offer made to Taylor was short of 10k a week. As Red Henry was the first person on CL to know about the Duchatelet call in person to Bowyer, his take on this would be interesting.
    he played in league one last year and performed very well by all accounts. In that respect no different to Phillips, Lockyer, Taylor, Cullen etc who stepped up and less of a step than Bonne and the youngster who have had to come in. 
    It's the fact that only Sunderland seem to be after him which worries me. If we're competing against a L1 side for a loan signing that does suggest his current level
  • robroy said:
    mendonca said:
    Was he not best mates with Kieron Richardson and got into being an agent that way. As I said would be interesting to find out what players he represented 
    I THINK he worked for an agency.  I don't think he was an agent in the sense that most people assume.

He worked with/for Kia Joorabchian, I don't think he had his own stable of players. 
  • edited January 2020
    Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 
    or not willing to give money this window or for only for players that fit the mould of young to be sold on at a profit? 
    Any evidence so far they actually have cash?
     Fit and proper test demands evidence of funds and to purchase and run a club. 

But that doesn't mean they'll be willing to spunk it all away.
  • robroy said:
    mendonca said:
    perhaps he was the agent for a few crimpers .. the 'football agent' business is so rife with hangers on and chancers, but I am sure Southall was/is skweeky clean .. he could have had interests in the 'leg' of a few footballers .. rather as syndicate members own a hoof or two in a few racehorses 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51309426

Luton sign Cameron Carter-Vickers on loan from Spurs...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 
     Fit and proper test demands evidence of funds and to run a club. 

If the club cost £1 and this season has a break even budget (the 6+6 forecast probably shows a profit) how much funds do you need evidence of? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If the club cost £1 and this season has a break even budget (the 6+6 forecast probably shows a profit) how much funds do you need evidence of? 
    I believe it's supposed to cover years rather than a year.
    Tongue in cheek remark about the Scottish premiership.
  • Mr Southall prioritised signing up Bowyer and Lyle and expressed a desire to sign Cullen on a permanent move. 

They are still the key to survival this season.  Rangers reserves and talented youngsters from Norwich are almost irrelevant to that task.

33.3 per cent success so far..
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I believe it's supposed to cover years rather than a year.
    So you run the same budget for the next 2 years?

The proof of funds prove nothing either way. 
  • I hope the favours comment relates to clubs being reluctant to sell players in January, so we're forced into the loan market. I hope.
  • JamesSeed said:
    To me Taylor represents winning.
    I don't know the stats, but would love to know the average number of points we win with him in the side, versus without him.
    Probably the same, or worse, than Cullen.