Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Yep, Gallen needs to be demoted. 
  • Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

Hope we can get some clarity on those quotes at the Thursday presser today.
    But our manager has just said the JCH story isn't true.

We don't know how much the Maddison bid was, but clearly wasn't 1 million.
  • Hmmm. That does not sound encouraging. 
  • Let's hope this is all a coordinated PR stunt in an attempt to sway clubs/agents/players to accept our offer or lower demands...

Definitely not clutching at straws. I'm not panicking, you're panicking. Not having a meltdown. Promise.

help
  • Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

Does it?  Maddison was rumoured around the 700k mark. I would be supprised if JCH was a million up front.

It's worrying, obviously, but not sure it contradicts. 
  • Chunes said:
    Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

No he didn't. He said we have not bid 1m for anyone.
  • Some of the comments on here, the mind well and truly boggles
    Just people expressing their varying opinions. It was ever thus. It would be both boring and surprising if everyone had the same take on things.
    Totally agree, which was all I was doing 👍
  • Chunes said:
    Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

No he didn't. He said we have not bid 1m for anyone.
    Oh, you're right. I read that as him saying it wasn't true. 
  • Talal said:
    Yep, Gallen needs to be demoted. 
    Yep, Gallen needs to be demoted trusted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

"We are relying on people doing us favours" what the fuck does that mean?
    Means hoping a few Premiership teams will loan us their players & not send them to rivals.
  • edited January 2020
    JCH
    Docherty
    2 loans

We are not talking alot of money here, it can not be that hard surely.
  • Either Bowyer is making it sound like esi are no good or they genuinely ain’t no good, it’s the hope that kill you.

but Bowyer is doing Matt Southall no favours with comments like we’re relying on favours etc. As the fans will start to turn because they expected it to be different this time.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Re shopping in the "bargain basement".

1) You wouldn't offer 5 million for a player who's club would accept less. Even if you could.

2) Who that would cost serious money, would sign for us now?

Our market, for permanent signings, is totally limited to players who can't get a game at "bigger clubs" or the better players at smaller league 1 or lower clubs.  If we had say got Maddison, Cullen, Mowatt and Marriott in early, others might have followed with the confidence we would stay up. But you can have all the money in the world its not always that easy to spend it. 
    If wd had got a few players in earlier we might have turned the Preston & Fulham games into wins, be sitting a bit prettier & a lot more attractive to players. But not now. Only players to join us now will be loans or ones we will overpay for , in high wages & fee. Not going to happen. MS said that prices fall the nearer you get to the deadline .....but not if clubs know you are desperate they dont.

• Bowyer doesn’t appear to come across very well when he talks to the media.  Or maybe he is just playing mind games. 

Personally, I’d rather he just didn’t say anything. 
    Lol, imagine the reaction on here if he did that, with all the Miss Marple’s trying to read their own subtext into his silence?
  • What was the comment before from Matt Southall teams know who’s behind us and they’re adding on extra 0s , this reads completely different. So now it sounds like we’re not making bids at all and just relying on loans.
  • I wonder if its a case of MS is playing hardball setting the stall out to clubs we will not be taken for a ride and Bowyer is getting frustrated. 

• Sponsored links:

• It sounds like he feel he has been sold a pup. Wasn't Murray instrumental in bringing this latest mob in? as he was the Spivs and Roland, well done mate. another fine mess you have got us into.  
  • Newcastle have made Christian Atsu and Ki Sung-yueng available. Worth a look?
    Love Ki Sung-Yeung. Such a tidy player, always wanted to see him play for us. It's never been realistic though
  • Don't think Bowyer does bluffing. Sounds v frustrated.
    This. No need to second guess with LB. I recall someone on here earlier this week saying that maybe we had signed someone & were keeping it a secret until Friday so as to surprise Barnsley. Yeah right. As if a club would do that. 
  • Talal said:
    Yep, Gallen needs to be demoted. 
    Yep, Gallen needs to be demoted trusted.
    It wasn't a dig at Gallen, quite the opposite. Just seems he was able to get more done when it was just him doing transfers and not MS as well. Obviously I don't know the whole picture though. 
  • Do we know WHO Matt Southall used to be a footie agent for? Let's also remember he is new to this role and acting an agent rather than a CEO could be what Bows is hinting at. 
  • It could be that we have asked about the availability of players to be told do one or quoted ridiculous amounts. So we have moved on further down the list and are now left hoping for loans.

It is all well and good offering more than a player is worth but get that kind of reputation and it will stick.

Or we could actually be poorer than before.
  • Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours?