Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Richard Cawley reports that Sam Field is fully fit and ready for Saturday.
    I still want another CM in but that’s great news.
  • Can see Taylor getting linked with Rangers today and tomorrow again after Defoe got injured last night. 
  • On a more practical note, we have lost Leko and Gallacher, and Bonne is injured. Lose Taylor, and I just don't see where the goals will come from. Any replacements will be under immediate pressure, but will need time to settle in. They may not have that time.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Have I missed something in Doherty, who has confirmed he is signing today? 
    Yep probably will allow Pratley or Cullen a rest on 70 minutes, bench getting stronger.
  • edited January 2020
    On a more practical note, we have lost Leko and Gallacher, and Bonne is injured. Lose Taylor, and I just don't see where the goals will come from. Any replacements will be under immediate pressure, but will need time to settle in. They may not have that time.
    You would assume Bonne, Clarke-Harris, Hemed, Anke or Davidson ?  

Bonne from mid February hopefully.

• So Cawley is adamant that Clarke-Harris would be a Taylor replacement. You can kinda see the logic, sell Taylor for a couple of Million and invest it in a 25 year old who scored 20 in his last 29 league appearances on a 3 year deal. Or lose Taylor in the summer and lose that £2m.
  • it seems obvious we are still trying to buy in the bargain basement department of footballers and that raises a very large red flag . If we sign a Rangers reserve just like we did with dodo and sell Taylor just like we did with Kermogant then nothing has changed from the last regime. We might as well still be owned by RD

( some would argue we are partially. )
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?
    Thought the same. You can watch it here 
    https://youtu.be/XkrpWZpCQlI
    Talking about Maddison now

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Birmingham bids pretty much the same as ours

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Grosicki is going to WBA, so Maddison is off to Hull presumably.
    Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
    Living in Hull vs London though. Obviously never been but hasn't it been voted the worst place to live in England? Bless him
    Comments like this always make me laugh. It's not as if Maddison would be living in a tiny terraced house if he goes there. Bloke could probably buy a 4-5 bedroom house in the countryside for the price of a 2 bed down here.
    Just found a 5 bed detached house for 249k on  Rightmove!
    Are you going to buy it?
    No just found a 4 bed detached for 225k, keep this up and they’ll be giving em away, it’s like going back to the 1980’s up there!

So, anyone on here know how to buy a house?
  • Cawley's back and we are sure of a signing today. If i was on my phone we would have a it's happening GIF.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?
    Thought the same. You can watch it here 
    https://youtu.be/XkrpWZpCQlI
    Talking about Maddison now

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Birmingham bids pretty much the same as ours

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Grosicki is going to WBA, so Maddison is off to Hull presumably.
    Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
    Living in Hull vs London though. Obviously never been but hasn't it been voted the worst place to live in England? Bless him
    Comments like this always make me laugh. It's not as if Maddison would be living in a tiny terraced house if he goes there. Bloke could probably buy a 4-5 bedroom house in the countryside for the price of a 2 bed down here.
    Just found a 5 bed detached house for 249k on  Rightmove!
    Are you going to buy it?
    No just found a 4 bed detached for 225k, keep this up and they’ll be giving em away, it’s like going back to the 1980’s up there!

So, anyone on here know how to buy a house?
    some would compare it to buying a football club.  not too much difference
  • No sign of ESl investment as yet hence the worry.
  • Richard Cawley reports that Sam Field is fully fit and ready for Saturday.
    If that's the good news headline to cushion the impact of Lyle leaving, we are in big trouble.
  • edited January 2020
    My fourth post post of the morning, and before I return to bed to recuperate, I have one request for Mr Southall. Sir, if we are to lose Taylor, please sign a 'replacement' before he packs his bags for Brentford or wherever it is he is departing for.
  • Lyle leaving when we are 20th = CL mega-meltdown.
  • Still no sign of any East Street strategy - hard to tell until players are signed or sold. 
  • So Cawley is adamant that Clarke-Harris would be a Taylor replacement. You can kinda see the logic, sell Taylor for a couple of Million and invest it in a 25 year old who scored 20 in his last 29 league appearances on a 3 year deal. Or lose Taylor in the summer and lose that £2m.
    You lose more than 2 mil getting relegated and makes the 5 year plan a 8 year plan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why are people surprised? MS has been very honest and transparent about the club's plans in the transfer market and yet somehow people were expecting something entirely different. I think many still seem to be getting over the disappointment that we're clearly not the next Man City.
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Why are people surprised? MS has been very honest and transparent about the club's plans in the transfer market and yet somehow people were expecting something entirely different. I think many still seem to be getting over the disappointment that we're clearly not the next Man City.
    Not many people expect that, just that we are still competitive this time on Saturday. I think people dont want our team that's arguably weaker than last season, to be even weaker for the last part of this season. 

As for transparent, only need to buy the ground... to technically own nothing. Bowyer a priority, to bowyer after the window, to offering him a deal 24 hours later after it backfires. As of now he talks a good game, but transparent wouldn't be the wording I'd use. 
  • it seems obvious we are still trying to buy in the bargain basement department of footballers and that raises a very large red flag . If we sign a Rangers reserve just like we did with dodo and sell Taylor just like we did with Kermogant then nothing has changed from the last regime. We might as well still be owned by RD

( some would argue we are partially. )
    How do we know that?

Why does it raise a flag? There have been plenty of examples of players moving up from lower leagues very successfully.

If we can replace Taylor and get a very decent fee in the process allowing us to further invest is that a huge problem? He will go for a free in the summer unless he signs, of course I want to keep him and we know he is a proven goal scorer. If he wants away and won't accept his deal how much focus are we going to get? 

In what way are might we still as well be owned by RD?

The truth is none of know the conversations SG and his team are having with what players, most deals in January happen in the last two days. We are just entering that period... 

• Chunes said:
    Why are people surprised? MS has been very honest and transparent about the club's plans in the transfer market and yet somehow people were expecting something entirely different. I think many still seem to be getting over the disappointment that we're clearly not the next Man City.
    Until players are signed or sold we're in the dark as to what the plans are. The main priority has to be to make sure we stay up.

We can judge MS by his actions not his words.
  • Chunes said:
    ESI themselves said they planned to sign Taylor and Cullen on permanent deals.
  • A bit surprised we haven’t been linked with any Man City loans.

The least one would expect from a chap from the city when he sees another chap in a bit of bother. Thin edge not to.