Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

"We are relying on people doing us favours" what the fuck does that mean?
    Was just about to quote the same thing. Bit concerning.
  • Don't get why JCH coming in for a reported 1m should necessarily mean Taylor is off.

It's 1m. That's peanuts in todays footballing world. If we're not prepared to spend 1m to strengthen our striking options regardless of whether Taylor stays or goes, then serious questions will be asked of these owners.
    Who was the last player we bought for over £1 million? Sarr possibly?

It is peanuts, if you have an official peanut partner, but it's money that our club doesn't generate.  With our "lowest budget in the Championship" AND selling Dijksteel we are still only going to be close to break even. Increased revenue would allow the wage bill to go up but any transfer fees will still have to be "subbed" by the owner. 
  • edited January 2020
    Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

Agree. It paints a very dark picture. "We haven't made a million-pound bid for anyone" makes it sound like there's no money available. And "relying on favours" sounds like it's desperation time. 

Are we still in "chill" mode?
  • edited January 2020
    Bowyer is wrong, players can leave the squad, especially our star player as we've been told so on this thread by posters. 
  • Doesn't sound too promising :/
  • I don’t know if those quotes are massively edited but that doesn’t sound good at all. What does he mean by favours? That we are only after loans? Is he downplaying how much money we have to work with to try and get the best deals? Really weird quotes.
  • edited January 2020
    Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

Think its because no one likes January. So late in the window now that if you are going to sell someone then they need to be surplus or you have a replacement ready so you end up relying on other people to make sure there happy before we can do business. 

My take on it anywho!

Or we aint buying...only loaning players!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm worried now. That's not good.
  • If we’ve not bid £1m for anyone that would seem likely we never had a bid accepted for Maddison or made that bid for JCH.
  • That doesn’t sound good at all, baffling in fact as that doesn’t tie in with what Matt Southall and Gallen have said about making bids for players and marquee signings, I hope it’s a bluff but it’s concerning to say the least, relying on loans again. Someone’s telling lies as we’ve clearly made bids for Maddison and Cawley thinks we have for Clarke Harris, Charlton never do things the easy way do we.
  • Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

Loans.
    And doesn’t sound like Lee and Gallen have much of a budget if we’re nowhere near offering a million for JCH. 

• Smacks of desperation - what on Earth has been going on all month, pathetic. 
  • edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    If we’ve not bid £1m for anyone that would seem likely we never had a bid accepted for Maddison or made that bid for JCH.
    If he had six months left on his contract, definitely told them he wasn't going to sign a new one, and they weren't going to play him anyway, I doubt the bid accepted was even 1 million. 
  • So we haven't bid a million for anyone yet had a bid accepted for Maddison 3 weeks ago? Something (quite literally) doesn't add up right now
  • edited January 2020
    Would @NL_Addick and @RodneyCharltonTrotta like to reply to Our Manager's latest words or is he just a bed wetter !

Come back @MuttleyCAFC your fears and mine from early this month are coming to fruition. 
  • Jamie19 said:
    That doesn’t sound good at all, baffling in fact as that doesn’t tie in with what Matt Southall and Gallen have said about making bids for players and marquee signings, I hope it’s a bluff but it’s concerning to say the least, relying on loans again. Someone’s telling lies as we’ve clearly made bids for Maddison and Cawley thinks we have for Clarke Harris, Charlton never do things the easy way do we.
    Not just Cawley either, local Bristol journos reported it as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Canters has officially gone into meltdown
  • edited January 2020
    Off out to play tennis. Expect to find 200 more comments but no signings on my return. 
  • I can only presume that Bowyer is talking about loan signings.
  • Gonna file this one down as Bowyer bluffing until tomorrow.
  • sam3110 said:
    So we haven't bid a million for anyone yet had a bid accepted for Maddison 3 weeks ago? Something (quite literally) doesn't add up right now
    I think the bid for Maddison was around £750k
  • Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

Hope we can get some clarity on those quotes at the Thursday presser today.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Smacks of desperation - what on Earth has been going on all month, pathetic. 
    I eluded to this a few weeks ago. When Gallen was spinning plates we got plenty of business done. His promotion to DoF was said to give him more clout when conducting transfers. Then we hear Bowyer and Gallen now hand over of the list of targets to Matt. 

Still almost two days to go. But that to me is a bit odd. 
  • I'm still waiting for the article to load, clicked it 2mins ago.
  • sounds like we are skint.  Never known us to have money.