Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    To me Taylor represents winning.
    I don't know the stats, but would love to know the average number of points we win with him in the side, versus without him.
    Weve not lost a game when hes played the full 90 minutes this season
  • JamesSeed said:
    I don't know the stats, but would love to know the average number of points we win with him in the side, versus without him.
    JamesSeed said:

there IS a stat on this deep in the vaults on here .. just don't ask me where
  • We allowed to air negativity yet, that article is shite news and I’m not buying into the “bluffing” argument.

If this mob had any dosh, even a reasonable amount to spunk, we’d have JCH and Taylor up top come Saturday, a decent replacement for Gallagher, and the centre half cover with no one leaving, with the rock bottom wage bill we already have, that is certainly not an unreasonable expectation.  Bored already, post Barnsley meltdown incoming. 
    Meltdown is allowed after 12pm today.
  • Scoham said:
    We allowed to air negativity yet, that article is shite news and I’m not buying into the “bluffing” argument.

If this mob had any dosh, even a reasonable amount to spunk, we’d have JCH and Taylor up top come Saturday, a decent replacement for Gallagher, and the centre half cover with no one leaving, with the rock bottom wage bill we already have, that is certainly not an unreasonable expectation.  Bored already, post Barnsley meltdown incoming. 
    Meltdown is allowed after 12pm today.
    Why after 12 today? Surely it's after 12 tomorrow?

• Has Lee just repeated the same answers at the Thursday press day ?  
  • Well I don't know why I visited your site,
    I get the feeling that something a'int right,
    Don't they care if we drop on down the league?
    Now I'm suffering from a rumour fed fatigue,
    Frowns to the posts above,
    Woe in posts below, 
    Here I am,
    Reading the fans points of view

• Well I don't know why I visited your site,
    I get the feeling that something a'int right,
    Don't they care if we drop on down the league?
    Now I'm suffering from a rumour fed fatigue,
    Frowns to the posts above,
    Woe in posts below, 
    Here I am,
    Reading the fans points of view

you left out the bits about clowns to the left and jokers to the right ((:>)
  • robroy said:
    I've said it before and I will say it again. 

"I sometimes think we are part of a computer simulation being played by Crystal Palace fans.

We are certainly being played !

(Millwall fans, would be my guess)
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies if others have already posted this, but I find it quite alarming:

“We need to bring bodies through the door. We are two players down from when the window opened – we need to bring at least two to bring us even.“We need to strengthen and bring bodies through the door because all the teams around us are strengthening and we’re not.

“It’s not even just me, the players want help. The players want bodies through the door as well.“We need to add to the squad, not deplete it. We need to keep people like Lyle – he is massive for us.”

• I wonder what has happened since the press conference. SG said he have put in 3 bids for Perm players.... Not long to go!
  • I don't buy the optimism anymore, maybe a few weeks ago but not now, too many things aren't adding up with this lot. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind.
  • We fecking rich ------ do fuc k off

ESI using Rolands Poundland card and his strategy 

Only thing that's changed is they brought in a new PR guy
  • Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 
    Of course ESI have money. They just paid £50 mill for our football club! 

My take on it is that Agents know this and are asking silly money for their players hence we’ve now turned our attention to the loan market. That plus the fact that our current position in the Championship is putting players off joining us.
    I don't think anybody thinks that's true now do they? 
  • edited January 2020
    Imagine the meltdown Saturday if we lose Tayler, no incomings & lose to Barnsley!  
    Can’t understand why ESI rushed through this deal in time for the transfer window! Going to get pelters!!!!!
  • we seem to be getting thinner
  • edited January 2020
    Imagine the meltdown Saturday if we lose Tayler, no incomings & lose to Barnsley!  
    Can’t understand why ESI rushed through this deal to rush through in time for the transfer window! Going to get pelters!!!!!
    This is the baffling part. If we do end up losing Taylor and don't bring in any replacements for Kayal, Gallagher, etc. then they would've been better off waiting until after the transfer window so that Roland could've taken the flack.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 

My take on it is that Agents know this and are asking silly money for their players hence we’ve now turned our attention to the loan market. That plus the fact that our current position in the Championship is putting players off joining us.
    James, should it read:
    ESI will pay 50 million in six months time when they find investors from the UAE.
    (Or any gulf states) 

• edited January 2020

Would @NL_Addick and @RodneyCharltonTrotta like to reply to Our Manager's latest words or is he just a bed wetter !

Come back @MuttleyCAFC your fears and mine from early this month are coming to fruition. 
    Leave it out fella. We all want the best for our club. Sniping at fellow fans on forums is not constructive.

My comment in response to your little pop has obviously riled you for some reason but just let it go mate as no offence at you was meant when it was posted off the cuff.
    I have been on here nearly 5 years and take the usual banter, that's why I was surprised with you using my quote and digging me out. I just want your opinion now on Lee's comments. If you don't have a comment fair enough, and we move on.
    Rubbish! It's more than five years ;-)

Chris_from_Sidcup
    said:
    I take the comment 'relying on favours' to mean we're depending on clubs agreeing to loan us certain players or accept late deals.

I don't see it as a negative comment...........yet.
    It's impossible to read that Cawley piece without thinking that Bowyer is sounding negative/ isn't it?

Cafc43v3r
    said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Probably the same, or worse, than Cullen. 
    I was talking about Taylor because there's a chance we'll lose him.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Reading that article from Bows I can only conclude that ESI have no money . Why else would he say we are relying on favours? 

You'd be surprised what some people think!!
  • I think Bowyer should stop being a fucking pussy, man up, and not wet the bed. 

Someone needs to tell him that all deadline day deals don't happen until the last 20 minutes and once one club does someone a favour a domino effect will kick in. 

Etc etc
  • Has LB not normally done his press conference by now? 
  • The title changes in this thread are killing me lol As they say, its the hope that kills you.
  • edited January 2020
    -  My Expectations.

- ESI's transfer dealings thus far.
  • So Cawley is adamant that Clarke-Harris would be a Taylor replacement. You can kinda see the logic, sell Taylor for a couple of Million and invest it in a 25 year old who scored 20 in his last 29 league appearances on a 3 year deal. Or lose Taylor in the summer and lose that £2m.
    Cawley is a journo reporting what he hears, he’s adamant what he’s heard, not adamant he knows what’s going to happen. Jesus get a grip.

Didn't say he was right, just said you could see some logic in there, I like every other Charlton fan would prefer both.

• One thing is for absolute certain, we didn't delay the Barnsley game to prepare with new players. Was a good idea but that's that