Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• This has the potential to be the most unnecessary relegation, if we brought in 3-5 solid players I wouldn’t even be worried about it and would be looking up the table but right now im getting anxious and annoyed and I know my group chat of pals are to.
  • We fecking rich ------ do fuc k off

ESI using Rolands Poundland card and his strategy 

Only thing that's changed is they brought in a new PR guy
    Buying cheap and selling on has always been our strategy. Why should that change, we aren’t Real Madrid. 

If, and I appreciate that it is an if at this stage he, we do sign the best of league 1 and develop slowly, I’ll be happy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this approach has worked for Brentford. Stoke spend big and where has that got them.

esi are not using Roland’s strategy. Bowyer isn’t being told who to pick and we are making bids for players. 2 differences for you as a starter
  • Has LB not normally done his press conference by now? 
    Wouldn't be surprised if they don't do a press conference because they're busy trying to get transfers over the line. That's my guess anyway. 
    Wouldn't be surprised if they don't do a press conference because they're busy trying to get transfers over the line. That's my guess anyway. 
    Maybe they are holding back the press conference to announce a player or two?
    Just get Cawley to do it for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Get a grip, your embarrassing yourselves. The January transfer window is notoriously difficult. So many deals are done at the last minute. I suggest you all go back to doing your jobs, stop all this negative claptrap and let LB SG and MS get on with theirs!   
    Is that comment addressed to Lee Bowyer ?
    Because our comments are just views on a football forum with the usual good, the bad and the ugly. No one is embarrassing themselves.(not even the blind optimists) I just hope Matt Southall isn't embarrassed by his comment " we had to get in early as the window opened so we could help Lee"

• If we lose Taylor and do not get anyone else over the line, HE should cancel that visit on Saturday 
  • edited January 2020
    When was Bowye r told who to pick by The Rat? Chris Powell was.

We made bids for players with The Rat, Igor cost well over a million.

I'll be there even if we go down but at the moment I see ESI as being totally out of their depth and floundering about with NO MONEY but six months to find it. How the fuc k they do that if we go down is the big worry.

Roland ain't gone he is our fuckin g landlord !!
  • edited January 2020
    We fecking rich ------ do fuc k off

ESI using Rolands Poundland card and his strategy 

Only thing that's changed is they brought in a new PR guy
    Buying cheap and selling on has always been our strategy. Why should that change, we aren’t Real Madrid. 

If, and I appreciate that it is an if at this stage he, we do sign the best of league 1 and develop slowly, I’ll be happy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this approach has worked for Brentford. Stoke spend big and where has that got them.

esi are not using Roland’s strategy. Bowyer isn’t being told who to pick and we are making bids for players. 2 differences for you as a starter
    Always feel sad when I think of Charlton fans accepting a lowly status. Charlton were one of the biggest clubs in the country for decades. No reason why it couldn't happen again.
  • Get a grip, your embarrassing yourselves. The January transfer window is notoriously difficult. So many deals are done at the last minute. I suggest you all go back to doing your jobs, stop all this negative claptrap and let LB SG and MS get on with theirs!   
    How is talking about it on a CHARLTON FOOTBALL FORUM stopping LB, SG or MS doing their jobs? 

Plus i am on a break I hope you are not stopping your job to type that. 
    Can you please hurry up from your break? You’ve been gone 4 mins now - these players aren’t going to sign themselves you know. 
    How is talking about it on a CHARLTON FOOTBALL FORUM stopping LB, SG or MS doing their jobs? 

Well how are they supposed to negotiate transfers when they've got all these posts to catch up on? 
  • Chunes said:
    Get a grip, your embarrassing yourselves. The January transfer window is notoriously difficult. So many deals are done at the last minute. I suggest you all go back to doing your jobs, stop all this negative claptrap and let LB SG and MS get on with theirs!   

Well how are they supposed to negotiate transfers when they've got all these posts to catch up on? 
    Another Post sorry Mr Gallen. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Cawleys latest quotes with Bow sounds like he is very frustrated.

"We are relying on people doing us favours" what the fuck does that mean?
    Loans.
    And doesn’t sound like Lee and Gallen have much of a budget if we’re nowhere near offering a million for JCH. 

He didn’t say ‘nowhere near.’
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there actually any credible-looking rumour out there that Taylor is off, this window?
    Embarassing ourselves? That's you pal. Everybody know's it's spelt "you're"
    Erh, it’s a Charlton forum to discuss all things Charlton regardless of your point of view! 
  • In regards to Cawley's quotes with LB the morning, Lee is either doing it to put some pressure on MS or trying to dampen expectations in the market to how much money we have. If we're trying to get loans in on big wages and don't want to pay all their salaries (could be the difference in getting 2 in instead of 1) the last thing they want to hear is we're making £1m bids elsewhere (£1m sounds like a low ball opening bid for JCH, I'd imagine that would increase).  
  • Is there actually any credible-looking rumour out there that Taylor is off, this window?
    Just Cawley saying that's what he'd heard. 
  • I hope we are all proved wrong but have to agree with others that this would be most unnecessary relegation ever. 
    ESI should stop talking and start doing.
    After all the chat I dont feel we've moved on one bit from RD.
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Hm that is concerning when taken at face value but like VG says, it contradicts what we’ve previously been hearing re: bids for Maddison and JCH.

Hope we can get some clarity on those quotes at the Thursday presser today.
    But our manager has just said the JCH story isn't true.

We don't know how much the Maddison bid was, but clearly wasn't 1 million.
    Could have been £999,999.99
  • CHARLTON WARN FULHAM OVER DOUGHTY

Charlton have told Fulham that Alfie Doughty is not for sale.

The Whites made an enquiry about the 20-year-old midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract.

• edited January 2020
    robroy said:
    If we lose Taylor and do not get anyone else over the line, HE should cancel that visit on Saturday 
    For that reason, Matt Southall will be trying to convince HE to forget about the 2 or 3 million for Taylor in this window. It's a crazy situation because there was so much good will towards Matt and HE that to realize they must've a smaller budget than Gallen(Going on Lee's words)did in the Summer is disappointing. 

Still time to make Bowyer happy ?
  • CHARLTON WARN FULHAM OVER DOUGHTY

Charlton have told Fulham that Alfie Doughty is not for sale.

The Whites made an enquiry about the 20-year-old midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract.

Very clever from Fulham. Reckon Roland would’ve shifted him on cheap, but we should be ok with ESI ( I hope)