Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• The other club who could come in for Maddison is definitely Hull. Although, I don’t believe Bowen will be a player they’ll sell.

As things stand, we are the only club who have a deal agreed with Peterborough and it’s up to us to agree terms with the player. We have so far obviously been unable to do that.

If no other club do come in for him, which I admit is unlikely, I think we could still sign him. However, if Hull do, I can see him going there.

If Peterborough don’t go up, they’re definitely selling Toney, but they believe everyone in the Championship or even a couple in the Premier League will be after him. We’d have to do serious business including sponsorship deals to enhance our budget to get him across the line in the summer.

As things stand, we know we are getting closer, but I also do hope we manage to get a deal sorted out with Maddison.
  • POSH'S MADDISON ON MOVE?

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony is a guest on The Transfer Show on Sky Sports News - and he's given us the latest on Marcus Maddison's Posh future:

"Here's where we are with Marcus. We offered him a new contract. He turned it down and made it clear to me he wanted Championship football.

"He's had a great start to the season. I went out early January and did a deal with the Charlton chairman. We agreed terms. I left him with Charlton to speak to them for two weeks. They haven't been able to close the deal. Birmingham then came in and made two bids. The bids were pretty much the same as Charlton's - we just needed to structure the payments. We couldn't wait until the summer or next year so that deal fell apart two days ago.

"Another club midway in the Championship has come in; they're about to sell players and if that happens, a deal could be agreed tomorrow morning. It's down to the player and those clubs.

"He could be sat with us at the end of the window. I doubt he's going to get back in our team again. He wanted a move to the Championship and we've moved on as a club."
  • edited January 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?
    Thought the same. You can watch it here 
    https://youtu.be/XkrpWZpCQlI
    Talking about Maddison now

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Birmingham bids pretty much the same as ours

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Grosicki is going to WBA, so Maddison is off to Hull presumably.
    Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
    Living in Hull vs London though. Obviously never been but hasn't it been voted the worst place to live in England? Bless him
    No.....believe it or not and by complete coincidence it’s Peterborough.
    Hull isn’t even in the top 10.
  • redbuttle said:
    Addickted said:
    I’m glad our priority is a CM
    Which is why I'm surprised we've not got Maddison over the line.
    How do you know we haven't?
    Because Marcus Maddison would put the picture on social media before the ink was dry.
  • POSH'S MADDISON ON MOVE?

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony is a guest on The Transfer Show on Sky Sports News - and he's given us the latest on Marcus Maddison's Posh future:

"Here's where we are with Marcus. We offered him a new contract. He turned it down and made it clear to me he wanted Championship football.

"He's had a great start to the season. I went out early January and did a deal with the Charlton chairman. We agreed terms. I left him with Charlton to speak to them for two weeks. They haven't been able to close the deal. Birmingham then came in and made two bids. The bids were pretty much the same as Charlton's - we just needed to structure the payments. We couldn't wait until the summer or next year so that deal fell apart two days ago.

"Another club midway in the Championship has come in; they're about to sell players and if that happens, a deal could be agreed tomorrow morning. It's down to the player and those clubs.

"He could be sat with us at the end of the window. I doubt he's going to get back in our team again. He wanted a move to the Championship and we've moved on as a club."
    MM better get some sense and not get too greedy, or else he'll be out of work
  • Rossman92 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?
    Thought the same. You can watch it here 
    https://youtu.be/XkrpWZpCQlI
    Talking about Maddison now

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Birmingham bids pretty much the same as ours

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Grosicki is going to WBA, so Maddison is off to Hull presumably.
    Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
    Living in Hull vs London though. Obviously never been but hasn't it been voted the worst place to live in England? Bless him
    Hull's historic area is very nice, while there are plenty of nice places to live not far from there where you can buy a mansion for the price of a London semi!
  • Rossman92 said:
    POSH'S MADDISON ON MOVE?

MM better get some sense and not get too greedy, or else he'll be out of work
    He can become a PT in the gym in Peterborough, he spends enough time fucking about in the there already
  • Rossman92 said:
    Seeing as everyone, from clubs through to fans reckon the January transfer window is a waste of time & effort.....with v few decent players available and the ones that are are over-priced....then why not scrap it. Just have one window from June to August & once the season starts then that's it. 

No....? Because teams like us need to strengthen. Replace players who are out injured or just out of form or teams on the cusp of relegation /promotion want a lift.

Which camp are you in....?
  • Whatever happened to the money Roland promised us for Djiksteel? 
  • Sponsored links:

• If,as rumoured, its Hull then thats where he'll end up,he's wanted to move back to the north east if the stories are to be believed for quite some time. If we havent agreed a package with him in 2 weeks then doubt we'll do it in 2 days🤷‍♂️
    Let’s not blame Roland. Any failures in this window are nothing to do with him. 
    Roland's gone hadn't you heard :wink:
    Roland's gone hadn't you heard :wink:
    Went towards the losses.
    Hemed and Kayal, our last couple of signings in the summer?
  • Sounds like our midfield problems have been resolved by the loan signing of Ranger's Greg Docherty.

More a wigwam than a marquee.
  • Nahki Wells going to Bristol City
  • Addickted said:
    Sounds like our midfield problems have been resolved by the loan signing of Ranger's Greg Docherty.

Have we signed him then?
  • Sponsored links:

• The value of staying in the Championship is far greater than the price we will get for Lyle
    It really is as simple as that.
  • Addickted said:
    Sounds like our midfield problems have been resolved by the loan signing of Ranger's Greg Docherty.

Is that confirmed?
    Let’s not blame Roland. Any failures in this window are nothing to do with him. 
    Yep exactly.

The more I think about the last couple of windows under Roland, the more I realise that LB / Gallen were equipped to do some good stuff. We had an excellent last couple of windows under RDs tenure. Really strong.

ESI need to surpass Roland at the absolute minimum. They cant be immune to criticism - if Roland was overseeing this month up to now there would be uproar.
  • Addickted said:

Source ?
  • Sounds like we're going to miss out on Maddison then.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Seeing as everyone, from clubs through to fans reckon the January transfer window is a waste of time & effort.....with v few decent players available and the ones that are are over-priced....then why not scrap it. Just have one window from June to August & once the season starts then that's it. 

No....? Because teams like us need to strengthen. Replace players who are out injured or just out of form or teams on the cusp of relegation /promotion want a lift.

Which camp are you in....?
    Fair question. The teams who have the ability to spend an obscene amount of money are in the league above us. I've always thought that the January window is just a dick measuring contest amongst the extremely wealthy teams to see who can pay the most for a player. From a business stand point, I really dont think overpaying for a player like Toney is sustainable. Money talks in football and I absolutely hate it. There's always the chance to pick up a good player early, but if we seem too eager and chuck a giant amount of cash at one player early in the window, the other clubs will expect that we'd do the same for the rest of the window, and it makes it impossible to make sensible deals for the rest of the window. The first 3 weeks of the window are a joke. When we wait it out, the better deals come. So no, I dont think the January window should be scrapped, I just wish the footballing world had a sense of reality

I know we are miles away from that