Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• whatever happens with Taylor also remember that we still need replacements for Gallagher and Kayal
    Magennis and Flint?  ;)
  • Interesting that Ivan Toney was wanted by a top four Championship club

Peterborough basically said that this team could have Toney for free now yet the condition that he'd remain on loan @ Posh till the summer

This club would then have to pay a fee in Summer for the Striker, but their stance was they wanted to keep him until promotion was confirmed for them or not
  • Says he wants £10m for Toney plus £2m for add ons - but want him back on loan until the summer.
  • CAFCDB said:
    My view on the JCH bid is that he is a replacement for Lyle. Brentford have probably come back in for him, esp after losing last night & that's why we have put in a (late) bid for him. 

I know RD supposedly said our bid for Toney last August was not a replacement for Taylor, but I dont buy that bullshit.....esp when it was with RD in charge. 

At least we are looking at buying decent in form & experienced strikers (Toney, Gnadduillet & JCH) rather than very young loanees from Spurs, Watford or Norwich. 
    Cawley has already said our Toney bid was as a replacement for Taylor so it was massive BS from Roland 
    It was Bowyer who said that not RD.
    Either way Roland had no intention of playing Taylor and Toney alongside each other 
  • Interesting that Ivan Toney was wanted by a top four Championship club

Peterborough basically said that this team could have Toney for free now yet the condition that he'd remain on loan @ Posh till the summer

This club would then have to pay a fee in Summer for the Striker, but their stance was they wanted to keep him until promotion was confirmed for them or not
    It’s Brentford. 
  • edited January 2020
    Peterborough chairman said:

Maddison demanded Championship football.

Peterborough accepted Charlton bid. Let Maddison speak to us but we couldn’t agree terms.

Birmingham put in a similar bid to Charlton but were trying to pay in instalments so bid got rejected.

Another Championship club has come in for Maddison, are selling two players tomorrow so will have the money to put in a bid. 

Down to the player to decide what he wants but he probably won’t be back in the Peterborough side again.
  • Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?
    Thought the same. You can watch it here 
    https://youtu.be/XkrpWZpCQlI
    Talking about Maddison now

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Birmingham bids pretty much the same as ours

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Krosicki heading to West Brom, my money is on Hull
  • Addickted said:
    Sounds like the other Club is Hull and they are hoping to sell two players tomorrow to come back with a bid - I assume one of them is Bowen.
    And Grosicki - going to West Brom
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope Southall was listening to MacAnthonys stance on Toney, and applies the same Rhetoric to Lyle.
    And nobody's going to be offering £12-15 million on Lyle.
  • Ouch for Hull - Grosicki and Bowen will be two difficult players to replace, regardless of who comes in!!
  • Addickted said:
    Sounds like the other Club is Hull and they are hoping to sell two players tomorrow to come back with a bid - I assume one of them is Bowen.
    Interesting though that he said Brum wanted to stagger payments and We by implication would have paid all up front.But yep sounds like off to Hull
  • CAFCDB said:
    CAFCDB said:
    My view on the JCH bid is that he is a replacement for Lyle. Brentford have probably come back in for him, esp after losing last night & that's why we have put in a (late) bid for him. 

I know RD supposedly said our bid for Toney last August was not a replacement for Taylor, but I dont buy that bullshit.....esp when it was with RD in charge. 

At least we are looking at buying decent in form & experienced strikers (Toney, Gnadduillet & JCH) rather than very young loanees from Spurs, Watford or Norwich. 
    Cawley has already said our Toney bid was as a replacement for Taylor so it was massive BS from Roland 
    Either way Roland had no intention of playing Taylor and Toney alongside each other 
    How do you know that?
  • CAFCDB said:
    CAFCDB said:

How do you know that?
    Because Roland had never heard of Taylor or Tony :wink:
  • Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Peterborough owner said he'd discuss the Maddison saga on the SSN Transfer show tonight at 7. Anyone watching?

Maddison just couldnt agree terms with us after all terms had been agreed with Charlton and Peterborough

Another mid-table Championship team about to sell two players, with that money they're likely to buy him tomorrow
    Grosicki is going to WBA, so Maddison is off to Hull presumably.
  • All starting to warm up 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Would Taylor be interested in QPR?.
  • cafcfan said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    £1m, we really are shopping at Lidl and Aldi. But Lidl and Aldi have some very good items. 
    I’d be more than happy to spend 1m on 2/3 signings and then 1 or 2 loans.
    Glad to hear that mate.  Have you transferred your funds to the club yet?  :)
    That was in response to dazzler saying 1m on a signing is shopping in Aldi/Lid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dannoo_86 said:
    All starting to warm up 👏🏻👏🏻
    Imagine that, the January transfer window not heating up with two and a half days to go. Never saw that coming ;)
  • Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
  • Wonder where Bowen will go. He's prem quality IMO.
  • Valley11 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Better geographically for him, and Grosicki would have been on high wages, so Hull could afford to pay Maddison a decent amount and still save money
    Living in Hull vs London though. Obviously never been but hasn't it been voted the worst place to live in England? Bless him
  • if we only make one loan signing in the next few days Please make it a forward along the lines of a David Whyte type player.
  • ChiAddick said:
    Wonder where Bowen will go. He's prem quality IMO.
    Newcastle really keen 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    Clarke-Harris is a 3rd tier journeyman, not as good as Taylor but plays the same role. Why buy him now unless Taylor deal is already done? What we are missing in attack is a pacy goal scorer and a Gallagher style attacking midfielder. Clarke-Harris is neither of those so he would be superfluous if he comes and Taylor stays.
    How would you describe Taylor 18 months ago? 
    Remember Nicky Ajose !
    To think we will get someone who is a top goal scorer and a great Wide man to replace him is wishful thinking. Bonne and Taylor should play together till the end of season so we can cruise into 16th place.
    We know Taylor can do the business in the championship. 
    I believe the "model" is based on never let a player take advantage of the Bosman ruling and just walk for nothing.  2 .75 million(guess) with 5 months left of his contract and then spend about a million but no more on a replacement. Could be 3 million but as 4.5 was offered in August, it must drop as the months run out.

I'm not ITK and said it hours before Cawley thought the same. Two signings will be announced to try to soften the blow, or bury bad news depending on your take. 

• whatever happens with Taylor also remember that we still need replacements for Gallagher and Kayal
    Magennis and Flint?  ;)
    McGuinness Flint....... 70’s rock band to reform.
  • ChiAddick said:
    Wonder where Bowen will go. He's prem quality IMO.
    Newcastle linked a few weeks back. Think he’d be a good signing for most team but would like to see him at Leicester.