Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    You got 4 LOL for saying that.
    I wonder if the same guys will be laughing at 11 pm on Friday. 
    To me it feels like a replacement. 
    If we have Taylor, Bonne, Hemed, Davidson and Aneke, why would we bring in Clarke-Harris unless Taylor was leaving ?
    We need a replacement for Gallagher. 

As Rhoys Wiggins said to me at the Donny game, Football is so political now that poor decisions are made regarding players.

I so hope I'm wrong for once !

I wouldn't fancy being HE on Saturday if he sells Taylor.
    @Covered End , you are the voice of reason on CL, tell me I have read too much into "Even Liverpool are a selling club"  and "I will have to make unpopular decisions at times"

He did say Taylor would stay unless we receive a silly offer.  Just bad vibes on my part ?
  • Oggy Red said:

Do you remember the good old days when we had the Rose-Tinted on one side, and the Doomsters & Gloomsters on the other?

Now we're divided into  the "It'll be alright on the night" blind optimists - and the panicky Bed Wetters. 

You'd never think that we're all batting for the same team. :

I like to think that the group like myself exist who want transparency as much as you can with transfers etc, but I can't have blind optimism when I haven't seen any evidence of it in an emergency window. Lee Bowyer is sounding like me disappointed with the evidence but will do the best he can to finish 21st or higher.

Maybe there will be more positive news by  Thursday lunchtime.

Well, yes ...... we hope so, Sam.

It's not even about blind optimism, just a little patience needed until the deadline.
    We're fans, it's not that we can even influence things in any way.

As Lee Bowyer always says,  "if it's outside of my control, there's nothing I can do that'll make any difference."
    Me? I'll leave it to those who do the stuff behind the scenes. I've got plenty of stuff in my own life that I have to get on with.

• Bowyer should just arrange for Taylor to be kidnapped until 23:01 on Friday night. 
  • as others have said, JCH needs to be an addition to the squad, not replacement for Taylor.  
  • shine166 said:

Cawely seems to think it would be a replacement for lyle... Surely not.. I'm not going to believe it until it happens. 
    That's his opinion, nothing else 
    Eeefuckingxctly he’s guessing as much as most on this thread
  • edited January 2020
    Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    You got 4 LOL for saying that.
    I wonder if the same guys will be laughing at 11 pm on Friday. 
    To me it feels like a replacement. 
    If we have Taylor, Bonne, Hemed, Davidson and Aneke, why would we bring in Clarke-Harris unless Taylor was leaving ?
    We need a replacement for Gallagher. 

As Rhoys Wiggins said to me at the Donny game, Football is so political now that poor decisions are made regarding players.

I so hope I'm wrong for once !

I wouldn't fancy being HE on Saturday if he sells Taylor.
    Covered End , you are the voice of reason on CL, tell me I have read too much into "Even Liverpool are a selling club"  and "I will have to make unpopular decisions at times"

He did say Taylor would stay unless we receive a silly offer.  Just bad vibes on my part ?
    I think he was genuine, so if we got/get a £5M offer for Taylor then he may have gone/go.

But we lose about £7M in revenue if we are relegated and we are even closer to the drop than we were a few weeks ago.

If we really are ok for money, then I think we'd be really really stupid to sell Taylor with 2 days of the window left.

He is also our Talisman and it would be a massive blow to the club.

HE might get 17,000 boos on Saturday if Taylor is sold and isn't replaced with about 4 really good signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer should just arrange for Taylor to be kidnapped until 23:01 on Friday night. 
    By Brentford?
  • edited January 2020
    Hypothetical but would people take Clarke-Harris, Maddison and Gnanduillet if it meant Taylor leaves ? 
  • Jamie19 said:
    Hypothetical but would people take Clarke -Harris, Maddison and Gnanduillet if it meant Taylor left ? 
    All perms and we get £7m fir Taylor, I'd deal.
  • Taylor will get sold late doors on deadline day , and we’ll hear the usual we just couldn’t get the deals over the line but it’s been a good window 
  • Jamie19 said:
    Hypothetical but would people take Clarke-Harris, Maddison and Gnanduillet if it meant Taylor leaves ?  I very much doubt we'd get all 3!
  • cafc4life said:
    Taylor will get sold late doors on deadline day , and we’ll hear the usual we just couldn’t get the deals over the line but it’s been a good window 
    This. We here the same shit every season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Hypothetical but would people take Clarke-Harris, Maddison and Gnanduillet if it meant Taylor leaves ? 
    No, because neither Gnanduillet or Clarke-Harris are upgrades on Taylor.

It'd take Toney coming in for me to allow Taylor to go now
    Use 5 of the 7m to do that.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Hypothetical but would people take Clarke -Harris, Maddison and Gnanduillet if it meant Taylor left ? 
    I can’t see teams offering more than 2-3 million for Taylor as he’s out of contract at the end of the season, that’s why I thought that could be enough to get those 3 players in with that.
  • Jamie19 said:
    It’s a no from me.
  • Moan theres no players being bought.

Moan when theres a bid being put in for a player because "he isnt as good as Taylor".

We are brilliant. 

Trust Gallen,Bowyer and Southall and there much better knowledge.
    We do have some special fans. 
  • Would love to know what the club would consider is a sensible off for LT. Be easier to gauge the likelihood of him going in the next 48 odd hours then
  • ESI time too show the money.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    I can’t see teams offering more than 2-3 million for Taylor as he’s out of contract at the end of the season, that’s why I thought that could be enough to get those 3 players in with that.

That's the silly offer bit.
  • Clarke-Harris is a 3rd tier journeyman, not as good as Taylor but plays the same role. Why buy him now unless Taylor deal is already done? What we are missing in attack is a pacy goal scorer and a Gallagher style attacking midfielder. Clarke-Harris is neither of those so he would be superfluous if he comes and Taylor stays.