Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Aneke would make sense. 
    How would it? He's a first team squad member. Send Davison.
  • Next 2 days will decide our season imo. Any less than 2 in and we’ll be down i think
  • ct_addick said:
    Are we only interested in signing players with neck tattoos
    Your going to really struggle if you rule players out who have them 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    £1m, we really are shopping at Lidl and Aldi. But Lidl and Aldi have some very good items. 
    I’d be more than happy to spend 1m on 2/3 signings and then 1 or 2 loans.
  • A striker would be a replacement for Taylor as his value is on this window. Biggest need is a big centre half I reckon. 
  • kentred2 said:
    A striker would be a replacement for Taylor as his value is on this window. Biggest need is a big centre half I reckon. 
    Not really, lose him again to injury and we are knackered. 
  • Taylor and Clarke-Harris together would be very potent. Let’s make it happen.
    Do we all have to pray :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt we will let Taylor go but I fully expect him up walk away on a free in the summer. JCH can learn from him in the meantime.
  • Like the sound of JCH. Morgan and Davisson going there on loan would not be a bad deal plus some cash too obvs.  Get him and Morrison and a CB or 2 please.
  • Aneke, Dempsey and Vennings scored for the U23s in Bristol a few days ago.
  • Anyone else open  Charlton life up hoping to see  a Sticky of 

**** Welcome Nobby Wankchops signed on 3 year contract**** 

or *** Terry Fuckwit on loan till end of the season***

and you get naff all come on heer and there's fuck all as well , we have new owners and the same budgetary expectancy for now , whooopee as predicted the dullest takeover in history 

the skintest abu dhabi owners in history

still the old scrote goes(well partially for now)  so i'm happy to be amongst all things Charlton again
    if we sign him then @ElfsborgAddick will get name on the back of his shirt for sure.
    I'm more popular than I thought, only 5 lol's.
  • I'd be happy with JCH as a signing. Wouldn't do Davison any harm to go there on loan for the rest of the season too.
    We desperately need an additional striker, so I can't see the point in loaning Davison, unless we get 2 strikers.
    I'd rather we had at least one striker on the bench and we don't know when Bonne will be match fit.

If Taylor got injured on Saturday, we'd be back to one fit striker at the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    You got 4 LOL for saying that.
    I wonder if the same guys will be laughing at 11 pm on Friday. 
    To me it feels like a replacement. 
    If we have Taylor, Bonne, Hemed, Davidson and Aneke, why would we bring in Clarke-Harris unless Taylor was leaving ?
    We need a replacement for Gallagher. 

As Rhoys Wiggins said to me at the Donny game, Football is so political now that poor decisions are made regarding players.

I so hope I'm wrong for once !

• We don’t need six strikers on the books.  You’d only be looking at four being in any matchday squad.

Taylor, Hemed, Bonne, Clarke-Harris is a decent group of four with Green able to fill in as a fifth option.
    I forgot about our rip roaring goalscoring Hemed.
    Green's a winger.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Very quiet last few days, Matt Southall hasn’t even been liking any tweets or anything hopefully it’s the calm before the storm.
    I should imagine he's staying away from Twitter, bearing in mind the stick he's apparently getting on there.
  • edited January 2020
    Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    You got 4 LOL for saying that.
    I wonder if the same guys will be laughing at 11 pm on Friday. 
    To me it feels like a replacement. 
    If we have Taylor, Bonne, Hemed, Davidson and Aneke, why would we bring in Clarke-Harris unless Taylor was leaving ?
    We need a replacement for Gallagher. 

As Rhoys Wiggins said to me at the Donny game, Football is so political now that poor decisions are made regarding players.

I so hope I'm wrong for once !

I wouldn't fancy being HE on Saturday if he sells Taylor.
    If we sell Taylor I presume we are happy to be relegated.

• Cawely seems to think it would be a replacement for lyle... Surely not.. I'm not going to believe it until it happens. 
  • Croydon said:
    Aneke would make sense. 
    How would it? He's a first team squad member. Send Davison.
    Are they going to want someone inexperienced like Davison to replace three star man? 

Aneke may be a good sweetener compared to Davison. 

Plus I think we can afford to lose aneke but at present if we don’t bring in any midfielders can we afford to let Morgan go? 
  • We don’t need six strikers on the books.  You’d only be looking at four being in any matchday squad.

Taylor, Hemed, Bonne, Clarke-Harris is a decent group of four with Green and Aneke able to fill in as a fifth and sixth option.
    Bonne and Aneke aren't match fit & I don't include Green as he's a winger.
  • Wait why do people want Aneke out? Blokes a unit and if utilised correctly could be invaluable in our relegation scrap. Imagine long balls up to Aneke, Taylor and JCH. The other teams defense will be depressed by half time tussling with them 
    I don’t want him out think he has been useful the little he has played but think a loan away playing week in week out would be good for him