Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Have to say, I was expecting at least a couple of players through the door by now. 

I'm sure there are irons in the fire, aces up the sleeve, etc, etc, but I was expecting and hoping for a bit more.
    Does it matter when they come in really? Theres no point buying/loaning shit for the sake of it. 

This fully fit squad is more than capable, would additions help? Of course they would. 

I think we will make a couple of signings but confident in this team avoiding relegation.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Heard iasac success been in talks today 
    his stats would suggest he's not much of a striker, at least not a successful one ….
  • Very quiet last few days, Matt Southall hasn’t even been liking any tweets or anything hopefully it’s the calm before the storm.
  • Off_it said:
    Have to say, I was expecting at least a couple of players through the door by now. 

I'm sure there are irons in the fire, aces up the sleeve, etc, etc, but I was expecting and hoping for a bit more.
    Does it matter when they come in really? Theres no point buying/loaning shit for the sake of it. 

This fully fit squad is more than capable, would additions help? Of course they would. 

I think we will make a couple of signings but confident in this team avoiding relegation.
    We started the month with a decimated squad, so unlike the other sides in this division we needed players in earlier to be competitive in January - maybe we would have got more than 2 points out of 12 with a couple more players? 

Getting in players earlier would give more time to integrate them before Barnsley on Saturday and indeed meet any transfer cutoff deadline.
  • Think its too late for a perm now, only in terms of agreeing terms, discussing wages, medical etc. Of course this could still happen and i know Cawley has been off, but we haven't heard a sniff from anywhere. Usually something would even leak from the selling clubs local contacts.

Can only see a couple of loans now, which i wouldn't be too upset with if they are decent.
  • Who is that moron?
    Scoham said:
    Saw this on Facebook, it’s on Nimer’s latest Instagram post. Just what we need to convince Nimer to get some signings done...

• iaitch said:
    What about the veggies and vegans, what do they want?

Image result for chelsea football vegan menu

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    What about the veggies and vegans, what do they want?
    They want their own completely separate signings. Not that they would want to tell you that of course, as they normally don't like to bang on about their own personal lifestyle choices.
    ;-)
  • CH4RLTON said:
    his stats would suggest he's not much of a striker, at least not a successful one ….
    We'll just refer to him as Isaac then.
  • Bristol Post are reporting we have bid for JCH
  • Anyone else open  Charlton life up hoping to see  a Sticky of 

**** Welcome Nobby Wankchops signed on 3 year contract**** 

or *** Terry Fuckwit on loan till end of the season***

and you get naff all come on heer and there's fuck all as well , 
    Yep, exactly that!
  • Understood to be around 1 mill with add ons - Bristol Live
    Tell him to bring his own Marquee  ;)
  • Haddock said:
    "The Gas are understood to have also requested players on loan from the Addicks in exchange for Clarke-Harris."
    Oh yeah sure, we've got plenty to spare.
    Albie Morgan or Aneke ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Haddock said:
    "The Gas are understood to have also requested players on loan from the Addicks in exchange for Clarke-Harris."
    Oh yeah sure, we've got plenty to spare.
    Morgan would do well there. Maybe Davison
  • Think its too late for a perm now, only in terms of agreeing terms, discussing wages, medical etc. Of course this could still happen and i know Cawley has been off, but we haven't heard a sniff from anywhere. Usually something would even leak from the selling clubs local contacts.

Can only see a couple of loans now, which i wouldn't be too upset with if they are decent.
    So you're saying we might get a permanent deal in, we might not?
  • Valley11 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Signing him permanently would be a statement.  He fits the model.  Wouldnt get much change out of £4m for him though.  "did somebody order a marquee?"
    Again, great if he’s in addition to keeping Lyle.

But when you look at his attributes - big bustling centre forward - you’d think he’s a replacement or being positive, back up for Taylor. 
    "The model", which, if I understand it, is to buy or produce players in their early to mid 20's who have a resale value in a couple of years which out weighs what was paid for them what was paid to produce them plus their contract cost.  

Taylor doesn't fit the model, hes technically free but won't have much resale at the end of his contract.  If anything, according to the model, now is the time to sell him.  Though, in truth I don't think that is the current plan.

This is why they love Bowyer, as hes got a great track record of improving players and Gallen as hes got a great track record of identifying them.  If we'd bought Bielik for 2-3m instead of loaning him that would have been an ideal advert for this model.

I could be putting 2+2=5 together but a lot of the rumours about ESI in November were about buying Cullen and Leko. This would fit with "the model" and perhaps was the plan.  However, the smack in the mouth is that clubs don't want to sell!
  • Aneke would make sense. 
    I bet it was a whole £1.   :smile:
  • so also Katy Perry 87 or whatever he was called, rants at our owner on Instagram then 2 hours later, we submit an offer for a player! The power of social media 😂😂😂

to all those that mocked him (note: do not read my post from earlier this afternoon), hang your heads in shame

yes, I realise that the Instagram fucktard had nothing to do with this
  • edited January 2020
    Think its too late for a perm now, 
    You're probably right. They take hours.