Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    Wasn’t expecting an exciting window but this has been about as poor as we could’ve done.

Unless the happy clappy fans are right and the next 57 hours are going to see a few players come in. If Lee is down to maybe 2 coming in and we hope Taylor stays, it doesn't augur well.

• Champs85 said:
    Scoham said:
    Saw this on Facebook, it’s on Nimer’s latest Instagram post. Just what we need to convince Nimer to get some signings done...

What a bellend 
    When I said ask questions but be respectful of Matt Southall I didn't realise some Pratt was going straight to the top !

• wonder if Perry posts on here ?!?!
  • Laddick01 said:
    Wasn’t expecting an exciting window but this has been about as poor as we could’ve done.

Unless the happy clappy fans are right and the next 57 hours are going to see a few players come in. If Lee is down to maybe 2 coming in and we hope Taylor stays, it doesn't augur well.

Don't consider myself a "happy clappy" fan, i consider myself to be a realist. We know what the Jan window is like and we know they are working hard to get deals over the line.

If it happens then brilliant, if we don't get the deals we want that's far from ideal how that makes those that refuse to be negative "happy Clappy" im not sure?

• Tomorrow pre-match press conference will be interesting, hopefully Bowyer has a smile on his face! 
  • Chunes said:
    This site is quite calm and centrist in its views but you step outside and... Not so much. Facebook is pretty bad as well. 
    There are some proper specimens on Facebook
    Makes you realise the posters on here are all of sound mind. 

And that despite including a picture and their names, people think they’re somehow Teflon on Facebook. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    You do know the transfer window is open to 11pm on Friday right?
  • Oggy Red said:

Do you remember the good old days when we had the Rose-Tinted on one side, and the Doomsters & Gloomsters on the other?

Now we're divided into  the "It'll be alright on the night" blind optimists - and the panicky Bed Wetters. 

You'd never think that we're all batting for the same team. :

I like to think that the group like myself exist who want transparency as much as you can with transfers etc, but I can't have blind optimism when I haven't seen any evidence of it in an emergency window. Lee Bowyer is sounding like me disappointed with the evidence but will do the best he can to finish 21st or higher.

Maybe there will be more positive news by  Thursday lunchtime.

• Sponsored links:

He goes by the name 

Chizz
  • Keep the faith
  • Laddick01 said:
    You do know the transfer window is open to 11pm on Friday right?
    Would’ve been nice to get some bodies in and get them playing with the squad before the most important few games of our season. 

I’ll happily change my tune when we pull something off.
  • edited January 2020
    Laddick01 said:

Don't consider myself a "happy clappy" fan, i consider myself to be a realist. We know what the Jan window is like and we know they are working hard to get deals over the line.

If it happens then brilliant, if we don't get the deals we want that's far from ideal how that makes those that refuse to be negative "happy Clappy" im not sure?

Bizarrely I'm happy clappy when I watch Charlton but as I wanted as to loose the tag of being the 24th budget in the Championship I thought it was time to expect as to move up to 19th or 20th.(budget wise)

Is that too much too expect before 11pm on Friday ? (Taylor stays)
  • let's just all calm down and see where we are Friday night. 
  • edited January 2020
    Cardiff City, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers are eyeing late moves for Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris before transfer deadline day. #cardiffcity #cafc #swfc #QPR #BristolRovers

From Pete O'Rourke
  • Cardiff City, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers are eyeing late moves for Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris before transfer deadline day. #cardiffcity #cafc #swfc #QPR #BristolRovers
    How late is the move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cardiff City, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers are eyeing late moves for Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris before transfer deadline day. #cardiffcity #cafc #swfc #QPR #BristolRovers

From Pete O'Rourke
    O'Rourke is ex-SKY so probs does have contacts.

From Pete O'Rourke
    Great if keep Lyle. Suspect he’s a replacement if he goes. 
  • Scoham said:
    Saw this on Facebook, it’s on Nimer’s latest Instagram post. Just what we need to convince Nimer to get some signings done...

This is what happens when you combine a big mouth with a small brain. 

• Laddick01 said:

Bizarrely I'm happy clappy when I watch Charlton but as I wanted as to loose the tag of being the 24th budget in the Championship I thought it was time to expect as to move up to 19th or 20th.(budget wise)

Is that too much too expect before 11pm on Friday ? (Taylor stays)
    Not at all, i think we all want that. If players are available we will make offers, Maddison proves this. If the demands from players and agents are un realistic we should not just pay it.

If we sell Lyle for a small fee, that's alarm bells. Don't see that happening, i really think the final day will be a very busy one. Just hope we hold our nerves, don't get shafted and add some more quality to a squad that is coming back to fitness.

The summer whichever division we find ourselves in will be a very very busy period, we have proper owners now not chancers or wide boys but people who are determined to make it a success. Failure is not an option for HE, so when we say keep the faith lets do that. :)
  • If we get no players in, I hope all the injured players (except JF-C, Page and Bonne), will be available to start Saturday
  • Maybe MS should have been more pragmatic with his press conferences. He does look a bit naive with his previous comments in hindsight. 
    I doubt he'll own up....
    He sounds like the type who would find a home on the forum whose name shall not be mentioned.
    I doubt he'll own up....
    He sounds like the type who would find a home on the forum whose name shall not be mentioned.
    It's not Brown59 is it?