Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• We were in for Grant from Eastenders.
  • Southbank said:
    If Taylor goes without a like for like replacement, we are sunk. 
    This is the crux. ESI haven't delivered yet, but I hope that at least they will be saying to other clubs that Taylor isn't for sale unless we've got someone better. 
  • Scoham said:
    Saw this on Facebook, it’s on Nimer’s latest Instagram post. Just what we need to convince Nimer to get some signings done...

Problem with things like that is how much is true! Did we offer £2.5m for Maddison? Was Maddison the player who wanted an extra k. I read that and thought that perry James 87 is a bit of an idiot. Questioning southalls ability be chairman, based on what? Do we know what southall does and doesn’t do? Even if the post was well structured and accurate, the colourful language loses creditability.

• edited January 2020
    https://vimeo.com/258075089

People need to watch this.
    In that video Chris Wilder seems to be dealing with agents directly, are Bowyer or even Gallen that involved now? Bowyer said the list is with the chairman.

I would hope that Gallen is working closely with Bowyer to get deals over the line, but i'm not sure this is the case which is a concern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree, but they could either get off to a rockey start, or great start and no signings in my opinion welcomes the rockey start.

The 4m bid was in the summer when the market is completely different. If you're going to compare ESI to RD then at the moment you can only compare the January window. Last January we sold one of our best strikers and replaced him with Parker... This Jan we're willing to make nothing on Taylor and keep him until the end of his contract.

Also what's the difference between having a 4m bid rejected under RD to having undisclosed bids rejected under ESI? End of the day the result is the same. 

We have made bids for players this window but it's a sellers and players market, we can't make people sell or players join. 
    Not unreasonable though to have higher expectations now, going from a hated owner with no interest in the club and wanting to sell, to ambitious new owners who deliberately bought the club (excluding the stadium and training ground) BECAUSE of the importance of the January window.

And to be fair, last season we kept Bauer (in the same contract situation as Taylor) so it's not as if we always flogged players with contracts running down under Roland.
    Yeah and that is a fair point which is entirely at MS door for over promising and under delivering. Also with all the stuff he said about a marquee he's shot himself in the foot. He should have come in and set modest expectations for the rest of this season.

I think for this window we need to lower our expectations or risk being disappointed. 
  • Scoham said:
    Saw this on Facebook, it’s on Nimer’s latest Instagram post. Just what we need to convince Nimer to get some signings done...

What a bellend
  • https://vimeo.com/258075089

In that video Chris Wilder seems to be dealing with agents directly, are Bowyer or even Gallen that involved now? Bowyer said the list is with the chairman.

I would hope that Gallen is working closely with Bowyer to get deals over the line, but i'm not sure this is the case which is a concern.
    I'm pretty sure Steve Gallen isn't on holiday.

• Champs85 said:
    Scoham said:

What a bellend 
    couldn't have put it better myself
  • Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree, but they could either get off to a rockey start, or great start and no signings in my opinion welcomes the rockey start.

The 4m bid was in the summer when the market is completely different. If you're going to compare ESI to RD then at the moment you can only compare the January window. Last January we sold one of our best strikers and replaced him with Parker... This Jan we're willing to make nothing on Taylor and keep him until the end of his contract.

Also what's the difference between having a 4m bid rejected under RD to having undisclosed bids rejected under ESI? End of the day the result is the same. 

We have made bids for players this window but it's a sellers and players market, we can't make people sell or players join. 
    Not unreasonable though to have higher expectations now, going from a hated owner with no interest in the club and wanting to sell, to ambitious new owners who deliberately bought the club (excluding the stadium and training ground) BECAUSE of the importance of the January window.

And to be fair, last season we kept Bauer (in the same contract situation as Taylor) so it's not as if we always flogged players with contracts running down under Roland.
    Yeah and that is a fair point which is entirely at MS door for over promising and under delivering. Also with all the stuff he said about a marquee he's shot himself in the foot. He should have come in and set modest expectations for the rest of this season.

I think for this window we need to lower our expectations or risk being disappointed. 
    MS's communication could have been better, but I think he was trying to manage expectations. He didn't suggest that the marquee signings would be in this window and seemed to be saying that reinforcement wouldn't be stellar to begin with. 
  • In that Wilder video he thinks that things are done and then gets a call saying the agent wants 50% more. Also later he says there's a player at Sheffield waiting for his agent to tell him what to do.

Begs the question do agents work for the players or vice versa. Also can't the player make a decision? 
  • Sponsored links:

• why are any of you granting pj87 the oxygen of publicity? he'll be laughing/pulling his cock right off knowing that his halfwit drivel has got anybody's attention, anywhere, ever. 
    Apparently he's in line to be the new Director of Football.
  • https://vimeo.com/258075089

I would imagine Gallen & MS are working closely together, doing all they can within the budget we have set aside.  It's frustrating, it's annoying and I do believe everyone at the club, from the Chairman through to everyone of us would like to get some quality in.

I am a little concerned given how close we are to the deadline that we will miss out, but I don't believe it will be through lack of trying.  They concluded the takeover at the start of Jan for the very reason to get bodies in, for whatever number of reasons that has happened yet.... I believe there is money there, as we wouldn't have put a bid in for Maddison.  How much is there, I don't know?  

Has this period come too soon in MS' tenure for him to be able to manage effectively?  I don't know.  I am sure the fact he's only been in the job a month will be a factor.  Personally, I have faith they are going to be good for us long term, and I think they do have enough backing to make it work (you don't have a 5 year plan that includes getting to the Prem without knowing you'll have to spend money).  However, we may come up short for now.  I am starting to get my head around that after the initial optimism, just because we are so close to the deadline now.  Be great to get 3 or 4 in, it would really help after the buzz of Bowyer signing last week.  Fingers crossed now 
  • Said he hopes to keep Lyle & would like a couple of bodies in & that was it! I listened for 2 hours for that cheers Jim !
    Pretty underwhelming considering we're 2 loan players down anyway, 2 new loanees would just take us back to where we were in September
    In September we were dynamite.
  • So much negativity on this site it's unreal. Even people suggesting Roland is a better option.

Take a good long look at yourselves, yes it looks tough right now I firmly believe we are on our way back from this injury crisis and will push back up the table. 

The players that will join us in the next 3 days will further strengthen the squad and we will re build in the summer, would you rather still have Roland?

If so you need your bumps read. 

This! Don’t care if this upsets people but for all you negatives....you ought to go and support City of you are not happy and claiming Roland is the better option! If I didn’t know any better, you were one of the group calling for Curbs head, if not you are as good as! 

We have got more than our fair share of absolute arseholes and that’s on here let alone Twitter. 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    So much negativity on this site it's unreal. Even people suggesting Roland is a better option.

Take a good long look at yourselves, yes it looks tough right now I firmly believe we are on our way back from this injury crisis and will push back up the table. 

The players that will join us in the next 3 days will further strengthen the squad and we will re build in the summer, would you rather still have Roland?

If so you need your bumps read. 

This! Don’t care if this upsets people but for all you negatives....you ought to go and support City of you are not happy and claiming Roland is the better option! If I didn’t know any better, you were one of the group calling for Curbs head, if not you are as good as! 

We have got more than our fair share of absolute arseholes and that’s on here let alone Twitter. 
    No, no. You've got it all wrong. They're just 'telling it like is', apparently. 
  • Scoham said:

That really is ridiculous, Jesus wept.