Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Jamie19 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Birmingham not one of the clubs in the running now for Maddison according to Peterborough owner 

Shows it's not just us being tight at least.
    Makes you wonder what kind of wages he is after?
    All things being equal why would he sign for us, now?  He knows he can move to a championship club in the summer.  The wages on offer won't go down between now and then. If he does that 1 he is on a free so could get a better deal, 2 he knows that he has a full season of championship football to look forward to.  If he signs for us, or even Birmingham, he could be stuck in league next season?  Posh might even wave on the way passed. 
    Unless he gets some sort of injury then he’s fucked, especially if it’s a bad one and he can do that in the gym even if Peterborough don’t play him, not sure id want to take the risk.
    I don't think most players think that way. 
  • A rumour 🙌🏻
  • Full nameJacob Samuel Brown[1]
    Date of birth10 April 1998 (age 21)
    Place of birthHalifax,[2] England
    Height1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)[3]
    Playing positionForward
    Club information
    Current team
    Barnsley
    Number7
    Youth career
    Barnsley
    Senior career*
    YearsTeamApps(Gls)
    2017–Barnsley59(9)
    2018→ Chesterfield (loan)13(0)

• Jamie19 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Birmingham not one of the clubs in the running now for Maddison according to Peterborough owner 

All things being equal why would he sign for us, now?  He knows he can move to a championship club in the summer.  The wages on offer won't go down between now and then. If he does that 1 he is on a free so could get a better deal, 2 he knows that he has a full season of championship football to look forward to.  If he signs for us, or even Birmingham, he could be stuck in league next season?  Posh might even wave on the way passed. 
    Unless he gets some sort of injury then he’s fucked, especially if it’s a bad one and he can do that in the gym even if Peterborough don’t play him, not sure id want to take the risk.
    True, but 100s of others are quite happy to do the same. 
  • Jacob would be a belter if he used his middle name.

6' so passes the height test and scored goals last season
  • Been thinking for a while we should target some Barnsley players considering how easily they sold some of their key players in the summer.
  • Been thinking for a while we should target some Barnsley players considering how easily they sold some of their key players in the summer.
    I remember when we signed Millwall's center forward the day before we played them (OK he ended up failing his medical) that sent a cat amongst the pigeons! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

True, but 100s of others are quite happy to do the same. 
    True but they don’t always have a good offer on the table already.
  • Jacob Brown down as having 8 assist already this season and would be a kick in the teeth to a relegation rival.
  • Why would Barnsley sell him to us?
  • Buying the best players off of the teams in and around us.
    Genius!
  • Jamie19 said:
    He’s changed it to Brentford not us now!
    The blokes a proper div
  • Jamie19 said:
    He’s changed it to Brentford not us now!
    Nixon you absolute plum.
    It's the hope that kills you.
  • edited January 2020
    Any noise from the 'ITK posters'? @Redhenry @DOUCHER
  • Sponsored links:

• And he can't even get the player or team names right @reluctantdriesen
  • Little more than a blog. Wouldn't read much into anything published by those lads. I know several people who have written for them. They don't have any insight other than what you would see on twitter/forums.
  • All these players we are now linked with since the Madison rumours are not the players that we need to kept us up at this stage of the season 
  • Has anyone mentioned FFP yet?

I understand that as long as the commercial revenue remains low (which it will be), Charlton can't just go splash the cash.  Otherwise, breach FFP rules for spending beyond your (perceived) means and risk points deductions.

I'd prefer stability and long-term sustainability, thanks.  Isn't that what we're being promised?

It's that or find some way around it in the long run.  The Emirates Valley, anyone?

If anyone comes in, it's because they're deemed enough of a decent fit for the wages and fee.  It won't be anyone glamorous, but the management have previous.  For the most part, they've got signings right.

• edited January 2020
    el-pietro said:
    Little more than a blog. Wouldn't read much into anything published by those lads. I know several people who have written for them. They don't have any insight other than what you would see on twitter/forums.
    I know its not a proper publication, but they've taken quotes from the manager. 

“So harsh on Adam but he is in my thoughts and we have created some space for him to allow Dennis Srbeny to go. At 18, he is the third striker at Premier League level. Not a bad position to be in. I am happy with him. He is a great lad.”

Would they allow their 3rd choice striker to go out on loan?

I understand that as long as the commercial revenue remains low (which it will be), Charlton can't just go splash the cash.  Otherwise, breach FFP rules for spending beyond your (perceived) means and risk points deductions.

I'd prefer stability and long-term sustainability, thanks.  Isn't that what we're being promised?

It's that or find some way around it in the long run.  The Emirates Valley, anyone?

If anyone comes in, it's because they're deemed enough of a decent fit for the wages and fee.  It won't be anyone glamorous, but the management have previous.  For the most part, they've got signings right.

We need to be careful with how much we splash the cash going forward thats for sure

But Cawley has already confirmed this month that our issues arent because of FFP at the current time

FFP is calculated over a three year period.  You can go mad in year 1, try again in year 2, and sell in year 3, and still stay easily within FFP regs, which allow us to lose c£39m over that period.  Buying a few players now for (say) £10m, is not going to hurt our FFP calc. Spending £50m might well do (but we have no chance of doing that...). Oh to sign anyone would be a start!