Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Someone on Twitter claiming a Shamrock Rovers player rejected us due to the wages offered. If true presumably Jack Byrne who was mentioned on here yesterday.
    ‘Someone’ is fake Henry. Stirrer. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Did anyone else prefer it when Gallen and Bowyer were dealing with transfers?
    That can only be answered in 60 hours time, but the relationship and dynamic between Steve and Lee feels different now Matt Southall is a hands on Chairman.
    I was puzzled when Bowyer said that Southall would be dealing with transfers 
  • Bowyer talking to Jim white on talkSPORT in a bit he might give a glimmer of hope , I got it on at work so will post if anything interesting is on so as to save you from having to listen to Jim !
    Has Bowyer been on yet? 
  • Bowyer talking to Jim white on talkSPORT in a bit he might give a glimmer of hope , I got it on at work so will post if anything interesting is on so as to save you from having to listen to Jim !
    Got it on as well, do you know what time?
  • edited January 2020
    I expected our cancelled loanees to be filled asap and then some nice desirables. I've got bored checking now. Will just turn up to the Barnsley game and get excited :-)

I can hear it now...."We've spent £5 million this Transfer window by not letting Lyle go."
  • Not been on yet maybe just making a signing 1st!
  • edited January 2020
    "Birmingham City have been unable to reach an agreement with Peterborough United for attacking midfielder Marcus Maddison."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alas-birmingham-city-miss-out-17649102

"Down to 2 clubs now for him. Not Birmingham I’m afraid." according to Boro chairman. 

Still in it, hopefully.
    Has Bowyer been on yet? 
    Not yet. White just said Bowyer coming up soon and theres news for Charlton fans?!
  • Sponsored links:

Has Bowyer been on yet? 
    Not yet. White just said Bowyer coming up soon and theres news for Charlton fans?!
    Waiting for ESI to unlock the money to sign some players?
    Has Bowyer been on yet? 
    Hmm sounds like a moan might be coming on from Bowyer. 
  • edited January 2020
    Vincenzo said:
    "Birmingham City have been unable to reach an agreement with Peterborough United for attacking midfielder Marcus Maddison."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alas-birmingham-city-miss-out-17649102

"Down to 2 clubs now for him. Not Birmingham I’m afraid." according to Boro chairman. 

Still in it, hopefully.
    Us - bottom 4
    Birmingham - possible points reduction 
    Posh - play off position.

Might be now that Maddison fancies staying where he is until the end of the season & then see which division the teams are in. 

I dont believe that Peterborough wont play him if he doesnt leave. Too much of a gamble.

• Hopeful we can bring in few bodies. Obvious to see we are short. Importnat we keep lyle. Mentions it 2/3 times
    Aware of interest in Lyle.

• Keep all his best players
  • That was it...
  • edited January 2020
    Jim White - Helmet.

However, I wonder why LB was at Brentford? I know we have Forrest away in a couple of weeks so maybe that.
  • Just hopeful for a couple of bodies now is it
  • Sponsored links:

Has Bowyer been on yet? 
    I reckon the Aussies are back.
  • Was a recorderd interview from last night, nothing really to take from it that we didn't already know. 
  • What I would say is with fear of sounding like a bedwetter is that in past, bow's is normally quite open and candid about transfers when we are close, from the vibes I'm getting its hope more than expectation at the moment. 
  • Couple of bodies = Docherty plus a striker on loan?
  • Here we go, getting a feeling that we just couldn't get them over the line
  • Jamie19 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Birmingham not one of the clubs in the running now for Maddison according to Peterborough owner 

Shows it's not just us being tight at least.
    Makes you wonder what kind of wages he is after?
    All things being equal why would he sign for us, now?  He knows he can move to a championship club in the summer.  The wages on offer won't go down between now and then. If he does that 1 he is on a free so could get a better deal, 2 he knows that he has a full season of championship football to look forward to.  If he signs for us, or even Birmingham, he could be stuck in league next season?  Posh might even wave on the way passed. 
    Unless he gets some sort of injury then he’s fucked, especially if it’s a bad one and he can do that in the gym even if Peterborough don’t play him, not sure id want to take the risk.
    True, but 100s of others are quite happy to do the same. 
    True but they don’t always have a good offer on the table already.
    No but you can't tell me they, or thier agent, know what's likley to be kicking about.  Taylor knows we he can ger else where and we have never let anyone else "talk to him". 
  • Chunes said:
    Just hopeful for a couple of bodies now is it
    Oh,that sounds like previous transfer windows,just waiting for the "Just couldn't get the deals over the line" routine.

To be honest I'm not going to panic..yet,I'm sure we will see new faces soon.
  • edited January 2020
    ads said:
    Here we go, getting a feeling that we just couldn't get them over the line
    It’s not like we had 4 weeks to sort the transfers out.
  • Said he hopes to keep Lyle & would like a couple of bodies in & that was it! I listened for 2 hours for that cheers Jim !
    Jim White - fountain of groundbreaking new information - not