Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Said he hopes to keep Lyle & would like a couple of bodies in & that was it! I listened for 2 hours for that cheers Jim !
    Pretty underwhelming considering we're 2 loan players down anyway, 2 new loanees would just take us back to where we were in September
  • Come on people,you all should know by now that Jim is full of it.
  • Not really sure what’s going on right now, that doesn’t sound positive at all. All the hopefulness and happiness of a few weeks ago is disappearing, a couple of good signings and We’d have been eating out of the palm of their hands. 
  • A favour to whom? Bit wierd that he ended up at Charlton of all clubs for a 'couple of days of training' 
    Posted without reading.
    It could be that it’s an agent we are currently negotiating with?
  • Didn’t sound too positive, no hint that anything is close.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Did anyone else prefer it when Gallen and Bowyer were dealing with transfers?
    ?
  • colthe3rd said:
    FFS what do people expect Bow to say to the media? Of course he's gonna say he's hopeful of getting players in. Saying we are definitely bringing people in sets himself up for a fall if it doesn't happen and also avoids further questions about who those players are. Will everyone calm the fuck down until after the window has closed?
    Get what you mean but didn’t he say he wanted 4 or 5 only a few days ago?
  • Scoham said:
    colthe3rd said:
    FFS what do people expect Bow to say to the media? Of course he's gonna say he's hopeful of getting players in. Saying we are definitely bringing people in sets himself up for a fall if it doesn't happen and also avoids further questions about who those players are. Will everyone calm the fuck down until after the window has closed?
    Get what you mean but didn’t he say he wanted 4 or 5 only a few days ago?
    And wanted 2 bodies in before Fulham
  • edited January 2020
    Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree but they could either get off to a rocky start or great start and no signings, in my opinion, welcomes the rocky start.

• Sponsored links:

• It looks to me that we are leaving all our business till the last day. I suspect we have a few deals that are all dependant on whether other players are signed. Realistically anyone we get in now won't be starting on Saturday so I guess it doesn't make too much odds whether it is now or 10.50 on Friday evening.
  • Wasn’t expecting an exciting window but this has been about as poor as we could’ve done.
  • In the space of a few days, we've gone from 4-5 to a couple. Transfer windows looking pretty similar to recent years so far.

We can't be at the point where we would still let Lyle go with no-one coming in to replace him. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Did anyone else prefer it when Gallen and Bowyer were dealing with transfers?
    ?
    And your question is?
  • Don't fret...... we can always shop in the free agent market to turn our slump around 
  • edited January 2020
    In the space of a few days, we've gone from 4-5 to a couple. Transfer windows looking pretty similar to recent years so far.

We can't be at the point where we would still let Lyle go with no-one coming in to replace him. 
    I thought he said bodies in, not a couple. I’m still hoping we bring in at least 3.
  • Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree but they could either get off to a rocky start or great start and no signings, in my opinion, welcomes the rocky start.

So we haven't had a bid accepted for Maddison then?
  • Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

So we haven't had a bid accepted for Maddison then?
    and Gallen said 3 bids out at the time of the press conf. Relax and have faith guys. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think many people have unrealistic expectations of a January transfer window, especially for a club of our size and position in the food chain.
    IS that aimed at our new chairman? 
  • edited January 2020
    Looking at what we know:

Madison ,we agreed a fee but not his own money.Brum are out so it's us ,Hull or stay at Pboro who are in the play offs.------- Possible but would have already happened I think.

forward from Blackpool. We wanted him in summer he scored goals this season price goes up and we walk away( even tho we are minted !!) ----- not likely

Rangers reserve on loan. Us or Sunderland. Still a poss but more likely Sunderland .

Forward on loan Norwich.They appear to want to keep him as back up.Still poss but unlikely.

Parrot from Spurs. Cant see them.letting him come to us ,probably end up at one of the team's pushing for promotion of a lower Prem side

Progba,s brother.Although it's said he is only training with us i see this as a last gasp desperation signing and is possible.

Guy from Shamrock Rovers.I think we will sign him.

Rank really

We always have hope as LB says 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    It looks to me that we are leaving all our business till the last day. I suspect we have a few deals that are all dependant on whether other players are signed. Realistically anyone we get in now won't be starting on Saturday so I guess it doesn't make too much odds whether it is now or 10.50 on Friday evening.
    "Leaving all our business til the last day" suggests that we are controlling the agenda and I am sceptical that is now the case.
    I suspect we have engaged in negotiations and made offers, but to date no signings.
    This could be because other clubs are waiting for replacements, or target players are hedging their bets, or simply that we couldn't squeeze our target players into the "model" budget.
    I share your feeling that no new players will be in the starting 11 on Saturday.
    However, I am fairly confident we will get one or two in but I suspect they won't be names that excite.
    Sorry, but pessimists gotta pessimise  ;)

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree, but they could either get off to a rockey start, or great start and no signings in my opinion welcomes the rockey start.

The 4m bid was in the summer when the market is completely different. If you're going to compare ESI to RD then at the moment you can only compare the January window. Last January we sold one of our best strikers and replaced him with Parker... This Jan we're willing to make nothing on Taylor and keep him until the end of his contract.

Also what's the difference between having a 4m bid rejected under RD to having undisclosed bids rejected under ESI? End of the day the result is the same. 

We have made bids for players this window but it's a sellers and players market, we can't make people sell or players join. 
    Very good points made. Noted.
  • edited January 2020
    Not wetting the bed just yet. However, I find it fascinating that under RD we were bidding 4M for players in the league below but with this lot, 1 bid which I think was laughed at for the Bristol Rovers striker, other than that we have only heard about a couple of loans - One of which a player that can not get into a team in the SPL...

We need bodies, let's not mess about. ESI need time I agree, but they could either get off to a rockey start, or great start and no signings in my opinion welcomes the rockey start.

The 4m bid was in the summer when the market is completely different. If you're going to compare ESI to RD then at the moment you can only compare the January window. Last January we sold one of our best strikers and replaced him with Parker... This Jan we're willing to make nothing on Taylor and keep him until the end of his contract.

Also what's the difference between having a 4m bid rejected under RD to having undisclosed bids rejected under ESI? End of the day the result is the same. 

We have made bids for players this window but it's a sellers and players market, we can't make people sell or players join. 
    Not unreasonable though to have higher expectations now, going from a hated owner with no interest in the club and wanting to sell, to ambitious new owners who deliberately bought the club (excluding the stadium and training ground) BECAUSE of the importance of the January window.

And to be fair, last season we kept Bauer (in the same contract situation as Taylor) so it's not as if we always flogged players with contracts running down under Roland.
  • If Taylor goes without a like for like replacement, we are sunk. Even with him we are weaker in attack without Gallagher. Survival is going to be desperately close.
    The comparison with Huddersfield indicates a lower level of ambition unless Southall pulls something out if the bag.
  • Disappointed no-one has signed Grant from Huddersfield