Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Wasn’t expecting an exciting window but this has been about as poor as we could’ve done.

Unless the happy clappy fans are right and the next 57 hours are going to see a few players come in. If Lee is down to maybe 2 coming in and we hope Taylor stays, it doesn't augur well.

Don't consider myself a "happy clappy" fan, i consider myself to be a realist. We know what the Jan window is like and we know they are working hard to get deals over the line.

If it happens then brilliant, if we don't get the deals we want that's far from ideal how that makes those that refuse to be negative "happy Clappy" im not sure?

Have you seen your user name?
    Not "Appy clappy"  :p
  • cafc_se7 said:
    So much negativity on this site it's unreal. Even people suggesting Roland is a better option.

Take a good long look at yourselves, yes it looks tough right now I firmly believe we are on our way back from this injury crisis and will push back up the table. 

The players that will join us in the next 3 days will further strengthen the squad and we will re build in the summer, would you rather still have Roland?

If so you need your bumps read. 

This! Don’t care if this upsets people but for all you negatives....you ought to go and support City of you are not happy and claiming Roland is the better option! If I didn’t know any better, you were one of the group calling for Curbs head, if not you are as good as! 

We have got more than our fair share of absolute arseholes and that’s on here let alone Twitter. 
    Nobody has been saying Roland is the better option
  • shine166 said:
    mendonca said:
    Maybe MS should have been more pragmatic with his press conferences. He does look a bit naive with his previous comments in hindsight. 
    100% this, done himself no favours with early talk if nothing comes off. 
    Could be a lot worse, could have owners that don't communicate at all.

All he did was say what he would like to target, he didn't say 100% they would be delivered.
  • edited January 2020
    Looks like Stoke signing James Chester on loan from Villa. Great signing if so.
  • Heard iasac success been in talks today 
  • When you communicate about potential positives, then go missing amongst negatives, it does not lead to an overall end gain. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Heard iasac success been in talks today 
    Can't think of a pun. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love James Chester here. Surely our Welsh contigent could swing the deal!
  • I think MS needs to learn that football makes normal adults act like sugar crazed toddlers being denied something they little minds think they deserve, as for those that act like that normally......So he really should stop posting transfer stuff unless it is done.

I love Twitter, however I post far less that I used to and I can't understand people that post stuff about people and include them, why anyone thinks they can influence our CEO or owner is beyond me. Do they think they feel the squad is adequate but one Tweet from them will make them splurge ten million pounds?
  • Would love James Chester here. Surely our Welsh contigent could swing the deal!
    Was the type of player I hoped we would be going for.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    He would be a great loan signing imo. Can see him going Anderlecht though.
  • Stoke have money mate we have sustainability
  • Looks like Stoke signing James Chester on loan from Villa. Great signing if so.
    Stoke get Chester, Birmingham get Hogan, we get Green from Villa

Notable that the 2 relegation rivals are loaning experienced pros, whereas we've got a talented youngster
  • Looks like Stoke signing James Chester on loan from Villa. Great signing if so.
    Stoke get Chester, Birmingham get Hogan, we get Green from Villa

Notable that the 2 relegation rivals are loaning experienced pros, whereas we've got a talented youngster
    Don’t worry, we are getting Pogba’s brother, some bloke from the League of Ireland and a midfielder from Rangers reserves.
  • edited January 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    Signing him permanently would be a statement.  He fits the model.  Wouldnt get much change out of £4m for him though.  "did somebody order a marquee?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Doubt we'll hear much at all until deadline day. We hadn't really heard a peep about Field and Leko until the evening before deadline day and Kayal and Hemed came out of nowhere on the actual day. It is weird that we haven't brought anyone else in in this time but we're quite capable of securing four deals on deadline day again. We managed it under bloody Roland so I'm not too concerned about the logistics
  • JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Someone on Twitter claiming a Shamrock Rovers player rejected us due to the wages offered. If true presumably Jack Byrne who was mentioned on here yesterday.
    ‘Someone’ is fake Henry. Stirrer. 
    The rumour was posted by someone  on here first.
  • Given the big boys in the Prem are starting to move players around now, i imagine the trickle down effect will begin to happen.  No one is going to let players go until they have others lined up. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Signing him permanently would be a statement.  He fits the model.  Wouldnt get much change out of £4m for him though.  "did somebody order a marquee?"
    Again, great if he’s in addition to keeping Lyle.

But when you look at his attributes - big bustling centre forward - you’d think he’s a replacement or being positive, back up for Taylor. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Looking at his stats he has not scored many at all. Sign him up haha
  • Have to say, I was expecting at least a couple of players through the door by now. 

I'm sure there are irons in the fire, aces up the sleeve, etc, etc, but I was expecting and hoping for a bit more.
  • We want the best Argentinian fillet steak, lobster and a bottle of Cristal champagne.

If we’re lucky we will get roe and chips and a bottle of coke .