Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• What I don’t get is why we leave it until late in the day to make this bid. We’ve had since 1 January to get this going. It ain’t leaving Gas much time to get a replacement and they’re more than likely going to turn this down I reckon 
  • £1m, we really are shopping at Lidl and Aldi. But Lidl and Aldi have some very good items. 
  • iaitch said:
    Jonson, Clarke, Harris are we signing a firm of solicitors?
    We're actually resigning Roger Johnson, Billy Clarke and Carl Harris
    9.37pm on the 31st.
    A tweet from the club!
    What can it say?!

'Welcome Roger....'
  • Dazzler21 said:
    £1m, we really are shopping at Lidl and Aldi. But Lidl and Aldi have some very good items. 
    Lidi and Aldi are where the smart people go. 

As for doing a permanent deal, it doesn't take that long, the contract negotiations go on at the same time as the medical etc etc, if you want a deal done on the day it'll get done
  • _MrDick said:
    What I don’t get is why we leave it until late in the day to make this bid. We’ve had since 1 January to get this going. It ain’t leaving Gas much time to get a replacement and they’re more than likely going to turn this down I reckon 
    Or it unsettles the player and gives bristol rovers less time to talk to him and try and keep him. 
  • PopIcon said:
    Running on pure faith at the minute, few rumours about but nothing too exciting let’s be honest, the best player linked with coming or going is Lyle Taylor.  

I’ve seen many saying “judge ESI come 1st feb”, if it’s looking grim them I assume the same will be saying “judge ESI come May 3rd”.  Massive week in our history coming up, relegation would be catastrophic, simple as that.
    No one wants to go down, but catastrophic?
    We've been down before you know!

I'd describe relegation as horrendous, annoying or a pain in the poop-loop. I'll reserve catastophic for the following; folding, being forced to leave the Valley and ground share with Millwall or being sold back to Roland.
    This is a football forum mate, no need to play tomato tomata.  Okay I’ll keep it simple, going down would be a kick in c^nt/sh1te/heart wrenching/catastrophic/horrendous, choose whatever word you like all means the same in this context.
    They don't all mean the same in any context. I agree with popicon. 

Just because it's a football forum, it doesn't mean we have to sound like an Arsenal fan on 606.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    How do you make that logical leap?
  • Southbank said:
    If this is true then Taylor is off. Clarke-Harris is an inferior like for like player
    well let's hope he actually wants to be here then that'll be a head start 
  • Southbank said:
    Or we realise that Taylor is off in the summer and might think that Clarke-Harris can learn from Taylor in training between now and the end of the season
    And be a perfectly adequate back up in that time. 
  • They can both play together. And lets face it Lyle will miss games between now and the end of the season, whether for injury or suspension
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:
    Think its too late for a perm now, only in terms of agreeing terms, discussing wages, medical etc. Of course this could still happen and i know Cawley has been off, but we haven't heard a sniff from anywhere. Usually something would even leak from the selling clubs local contacts.

Can only see a couple of loans now, which i wouldn't be too upset with if they are decent.
    So you're saying we might get a permanent deal in, we might not?
    What I’m saying is absolute bollocks cos 4 minutes after I posted we’ve been reported for a bid.
    Let’s try this again.

Think its too late for five perm signings tonight, only in terms of agreeing terms, discussing wages, medical etc. Of course this could still happen and i know Cawley has been off, but we haven't heard a sniff from anywhere. Usually something would even leak from the selling clubs local contacts.
  • edited January 2020
  • edited January 2020
    _MrDick said:
    What I don’t get is why we leave it until late in the day to make this bid. We’ve had since 1 January to get this going. It ain’t leaving Gas much time to get a replacement and they’re more than likely going to turn this down I reckon 
    I've said numerous times it's an auction and the winning bids generally come at the end.
    If we'd put in a £1M bid 2 weeks ago, the chances are the price would be a lot higher now and they would still be waiting for a higher bid.

NB I've never suggested we'll be successful, because I've no idea.
  • JCH record in League 1 at Bristol Rovers is pretty good, worth a punt looking at the numbers
  • Can we actually agree wages with this one? That'd be nice.
  • I'd be happy with JCH as a signing. Wouldn't do Davison any harm to go there on loan for the rest of the season too.