Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I wonder how Lee and Lyle's chat went.
    "Stay till the summer and walk away and then treble you salary" 
    " I would stay here if they got near to the Brentford wage offer"
    " Matt will only let you go for a silly money offer"
    " How much is silly money ?"
    "Fucked if I know but I need you, the fans need you and you could be a mega hero here"
    " My answer Lee is...
  • I wonder how Lee and Lyle's chat went.
    "Fucked if I know but I need you, the fans need you and you could be a mega hero here"
    " My answer Lee is...
    I'm sure that Cawley said we offered to match Brentford's wage offer while Rolly was still pulling the strings. 
  • Only just seen the results and league table.
    Very sobering.

Oh well this agony of a window will be over in less than 72 hours.

Hope we get Madison, and a striker at least.

• edited January 2020
    PopIcon said:
    I wonder how Lee and Lyle's chat went.
    " My answer Lee is...
    I'm sure that Cawley said we offered to match Brentford's wage offer while Rolly was still pulling the strings. 
    That can't be correct ?
    Lee Bowyer said  it was a life changing offer from Brentford and that's why Taylor was upset for a couple of days, no way did we match it ?
  • edited January 2020
    Last 3 days.
    The January window is the false window,
    Only for teams who have an injury wracked squad and teams, who want to give their side a boost because they in the bottom Six or teams in top 7 who may be after some reinforcements.

Yes we qualify on 2 accounts 
  • I've said all along that most loans/transfers in January take place on the last 2 days.
    The reason is because many clubs and players do not make a decision before then.
    They wait as long as possible to see what options they have.

Even if we go back tomorrow with increased offers, any players who agree deals still have to come for a medical and to sign the contract.

We may make signings tomorrow, but I still think they are more likely on the last 2 days.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    My hope is:

Morrison on perm, 
    Idah on loan 
    The Liverpool lad on loan with an option to buy
    One large, strong, quality CB
  • The Liverpool kid is out of contract at the end of the season I believe.
  • PopIcon said:
    I wonder how Lee and Lyle's chat went.
    " My answer Lee is...
    That can't be correct ?
    Lee Bowyer said  it was a life changing offer from Brentford and that's why Taylor was upset for a couple of days, no way did we match it ?
    This came after the Brentford offer and subsequent Bowyer quote. I did read it somewhere within the last three weeks, would have been a link through this site.
  • What do u think the chances of us actually getting no one are 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    What do u think the chances of us actually getting no one are 
    I would Imagine that 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices will kick in on the last 24 hrs.  
  • At least  during the classic Roland transfer windows there was crazy speculation and unrealistic expectation before nothing happened.
  • edited January 2020
    I still believe ESI want us to limp through to summer, no point splashing big in Jan with half the season wasted, and then we will see their real intentions in summer. 

I think their aim is to do just enough to keep us up, just need to hope their evaluations of what "just enough" is are correct. 
  • Shame we couldn’t have landed the targets just after the Fulham game. They’d have had a week training with us.
    Now I just hope to get someone through the door 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    A win and a draw to the good. But yeah we need some signings and I'm starting to doubt my eternal optimism will hold.
    But we have to play Wigan, so lose that and we are a draw to the good. Luton won too. Momentum is everything in football and we have none.
    Fortunately none of them do either.

We're coming off the back of two very decent home draws and an unfortunate away loss. We were very competitive in all 3 of those games.

All of those teams are in promotion or play off places.
    How have we fared against the teams around us?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    What do u think the chances of us actually getting no one are 
    There's always Robbie Mustoe and Jesper Blomqvist ... we can but hope
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    A win and a draw to the good. But yeah we need some signings and I'm starting to doubt my eternal optimism will hold.
    But we have to play Wigan, so lose that and we are a draw to the good. Luton won too. Momentum is everything in football and we have none.

We're coming off the back of two very decent home draws and an unfortunate away loss. We were very competitive in all 3 of those games.

And there is the problem. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I know my football Dicky.

At the very least we must not lose to Barnsley, Stoke, Luton and Huddersfield.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I know my football Dicky.

At the very least we must not lose to Barnsley, Stoke, Luton and Huddersfield.
    Or Wigan.
  • The kid from Met Police kept a clean sheet.
  • If we don’t make a signing today Charltonlife is going to be in meltdown 
  • edited January 2020
    The kid from Met Police kept a clean sheet.
    Good that he is managing to sleep through the night without any accidents. 

• Birmingham not one of the clubs in the running now for Maddison according to Peterborough owner 

Shows it's not just us being tight at least.
    Makes you wonder what kind of wages he is after?