Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Yet another Irishman linked.

My 'sauce' tells me we have had an initial bid rejected for Jack Byrne of Shamrock Rovers.

Creative midfielder, won his first Senior Irish caps this year and recently won player of the year in Ireland. Never quite happened for him in England and Scotland before that, he started out in Man City's academy, he's still only 23.

• The cynic in me is saying that they are going for players which they know have zero chance of coming here and then leaking to the press that this and that deal is on the cards. On transfer deadline, one nobody coming in on loan from a Championship club and then the flannel excuses starts about how close they were with; Spurs/Liverpool/West Ham/Rangers/Bristol Rovers/Peterborough/Watford players . I hope this is not a case of style over substance I really do.
  • Some mad old conspiracies theories.
    Some of which require about ten times more effort and planning than actually just going through with signing someone would ever be...
  • I dont know what worse. Knowing the Aussies hung around for 2 years yet didnt have the money to get the deal over the line or knowing that ESI have oodles of wonga but havent yet bought the Ground, Sparrows Lane or any fecking players.
  • DONE DEAL!

Charlton today announce the signing of Senagal striker Mouhamadou Sarr.

The 26 year old has put pen to paper on a short term deal to the end of the season.

The 6ft 3 striker will wear the shirt number 23. EFL rules state he is unable to appear in the same match squad as his compatriot Nabby.

Sarr said "I cant wait to get started. I feel like I have known the boys for years. "
    I heard he handballs all the time!
  • Addickted said:
    Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
    Are you just making these up yourself?
    No, it’s his source.
  • The same principles don’t apply since there is a deadline for the selling club. They can’t hold their asset forever because if they miss the deadline they get 0.

Like I said if they don’t want to sell in the first place, what makes you think the price is going up late in the window?

Are we asking more for Lyle Taylor now than we were two weeks ago?
    Are we asking anything?
  • Sponsored links:

• The same principles don’t apply since there is a deadline for the selling club. They can’t hold their asset forever because if they miss the deadline they get 0.

Like I said if they don’t want to sell in the first place, what makes you think the price is going up late in the window?

Are we asking anything?
    He’ll have a price I’m sure.
  • Do we need some sponsorship deals going so we can spend more in the transfer market?.
  • Yet another Irishman linked.

My 'sauce' tells me we have had an initial bid rejected for Jack Byrne of Shamrock Rovers.

Creative midfielder, won his first Senior Irish caps this year and recently won player of the year in Ireland. Never quite happened for him in England and Scotland before that, he started out in Man City's academy, he's still only 23.

Budget Maddison?

https://youtu.be/JCQ4JcS15Qc
  • Still nothing?! 
    Id love gallen to pick up some unkkowns who hit the ground running and end up being stars like lyle
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I mean the defence is shambolic, but he totally has the feel of a Bowyer and Gallen signing.
    Bad defending but quality finishing 
  • Scoham said:

Yet another Irishman linked.

Budget Maddison?

https://youtu.be/JCQ4JcS15Qc
    Solid highlights reel. Gallen and Bows love a bit of unfulfilled potential so this one has a ring of truth about it. 
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Byrne_(footballer)

Fairly uninspiring playing history. Might be one for the future, but hardly someone to go straight into the team now
  • Got a good shot on him
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Byrne_(footballer)

Fairly uninspiring playing history. Might be one for the future, but hardly someone to go straight into the team now
     See Macaulay Bonne for reference.
  • Sponsored links:

Are we asking anything?
    You are assuming he’s for sale......do you know that?

Are we asking anything?
     Every player is for sale at the right price.

Are we asking anything?
    MS has specifically said it would take a crazy offer so there definitely IS a number in mind. Who knows what it is or if it will be met though.
  • edited January 2020
    The same principles don’t apply since there is a deadline for the selling club. They can’t hold their asset forever because if they miss the deadline they get 0.

Are we asking anything?
    How much would you sell him for? 5mil? 10? 20? 50? 100? There comes a point where any offer is too good to refuse, if someone is willing to pay it.

Are we asking anything?
    How much would you sell him for?
    £56m - Nimer breaks even.

Are we asking anything?
    How much would you sell him for? 5mil? 10? 20? 50? 100? There comes a point where any offer is too good to refuse, if someone is willing to pay it.
    If it was Meire. it would have been 100ml of Chanel No.5 and a Christian La Croix handbag.

Are we asking anything?
    £7.5m anything less than that isn't worth iy
  • Dazzler21 said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Byrne_(footballer)

See Macaulay Bonne for reference.
    Most players don't jump up so quickly, we've recruited plenty of players from lower league and non league who've flopped or taken a while to adapt

Nothing wrong with signing such players for the future, but that's surely not our main priority this window
  • What I’ll say on Bonne, is he is a perfect early summer signing, who you can work on for a couple of months, and then get him into the team 
  • I always wanted us to completely, totally and utterly take away any risk of relegation by going hard and aggressive at this window. 

Thats how catastrophic relegation would be - and I hope(d) the takeover would allow us to banish all risk with some proper signings. In other words the risk of going down outweighs the risk of ESI getting their wallet out and maybe paying a bit over the odds.

In our position it’s a sellers market and we will just need to swallow that. 

The end of this week will tell us a lot as to whether the takeover banished any risk of disaster