Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Thank heavens for @cabbles "bite size" thread!
  • sam3110 said:
    3 in, Chirivella or equivalent, Parrott or equivalent, Pogba
    Pogba is a free agent.

No deadline ..... can be signed at any time.

• N01R4M said:
    Thank heavens for @cabbles "bite size" thread!
    That's right.  The Watford midfielder was done in real time (pretty much)
  • Ms was an agent , think he knows how to do a deal 
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
    Are you just making these up yourself?
    Well someone is either making them up or is aware what has been happening in and around the agent circle.

Another I've heard is a loan move for a forward from a Premier League Club in London. Has played a few PL games already this season.

EDIT: May have played for two Clubs already this season, so not certain if it's viable. To be honest not heard of him previously.
    Heard from where?
    Dave Rumour,
    15 Percent Street,
    London

• Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
    Well someone is either making them up or is aware what has been happening in and around the agent circle.

Another I've heard is a loan move for a forward from a Premier League Club in London. Has played a few PL games already this season.

EDIT: May have played for two Clubs already this season, so not certain if it's viable. To be honest not heard of him previously.
    Heard from where?
    Dave Rumour,
    15 Percent Street,
    London

Hilarious
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    It will be last minute. It always is. Players holding out for the best offer before taking the plunge and The domino effect once players start moving allowing other deals to progress 
    Dont forget you'll get players given permission to go out on loan again at the last minute like what we saw with Cullen in August

He was staying with West Ham right up until the last few days when they decided to let him go on loan
  • Is it wrong for me to feel like we might have seen more activity so far in the shape of incomings this window if Roland was still in charge?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Is it wrong for me to feel like we might have seen more activity so far in the shape of incomings this window if Roland was still in charge?
    Yes
  • se9addick said:
    Is it wrong for me to feel like we might have seen more activity so far in the shape of incomings this window if Roland was still in charge?
    Yes. Or at least if there had been any it would have been because we'd lost/sold a couple more first.
  • Pogba is not signing we want someone younger with bigger resale value 
  • I'm hopeful we are in the mix for some quality, and that is the reason its going down to the wire.
    We managed to do some unbelievable deals under the rat. 
    You'd have to seriously question Southall's negotiating skills if we don't at least match it.

• se9addick said:
    Very
  • Sage said:
    If Maddison doesnt sign for anyone else the longer it goes on Friday then I see Gallen having the following conversation with him

SG: Want to sign on those terms we offered you?

MM will then either say yes because we're the best Championship option in his eyes (In which case we get the player) or he'll say no, give me the extra 1k I asked for

If its the latter then its all depends if Gallen is prepared to then pay it - If all other avenues have been exhausted then I reckon we'll pay it, all depends on who is prepared to blink first

Of course should we get him we'll never know if we did just offer more or whether Maddison came to his senses (doubt it'll stop people moaning that we could have just paid him what he wanted making him available for Fulham)

On the other hand he may well feel he wants to be in a position where the transfer fee becomes his signing on fee in the summer (for whoever he joins) - If thats the case then I dont think it matters what anyone offers him!!
    As far as I know, Maddison was not the player who asked for the extra £1,000 p/w. 
    Out of interest who was it then? Clue on the level of player it was 
    I reckopn Mowatt
    Sage then said it was likely to a player from League One rather than the Championship

Ben Close | Ronan Curtis | Scott Fraser are the other names from that level where we've been linked
    I have a feeling none of those, all would have cost a fee and it makes little sense to me to pay a fee for one of those players, all valued at around 500k, 3 million and 500k respectively. Makes little to no sense to stump up that kind of fee and then not pay up the extra 52k. Especially when they're players with quality and better than what we have 

It sounds like a freebie to me but no one really knows I guess 
    would the player have only been signing a one year deal then?
    I don't know if this is a joke or you're trying to be smart mate, seems like the latter to me and if that's the case you know exactly what I meant so what's the point in even posting about it? 
  • Relax - Saturday - HE in the House - Maddison plus top quality defender and 2x prem loans announced. 
    Charlton win 3-0 Taylor Hat Trick 
    Covered End goes wild. 
  • Food for thought while I was driving about today thinking about the Maddison bid. Is it possible that we triggered the release clause to get Bowyer to have permission to speak to Maddison. Told him if he holds out till his contract expires we will offer him half the sign on fee we offered Peterborough and we have gambled that we have enough for now and he will join up in the summer, it's a bit of a tap up but I bet similar has happened before 
  • Addickted said:

Swiss International.
    Day 1 without Cawley to confirm going well.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RD promised Bowyer the money from the sale of the guy to Boro to use in this transfer window (poss £1-2 million) RD would have cashed in on Taylor and trousered that money £3-4 million) Bowyer gets the guy from Blackpool and two loan players .RD hoping that Bowyer and Co work their magic with not much.

Anyway loads an load an loads of time yet

Remember ----- sustainable ---- long term---- 5 year plan ----- competitive

Actually I added in competitive,won't be to long till the new PR guru gets that in a conversation.

• I'm willing to bet that most of the rumours flying around are just smoke and mirrors. I suspect any players we do sign before the deadline will be names we haven't previously been linked with. After all, who saw Josh Parker coming our way 12 months ago?
  • I'm hopeful we are in the mix for some quality, and that is the reason its going down to the wire.
    You'd have to seriously question Southall's negotiating skills if we don't at least match it.

Still Steve Gallen doing the dealing
    Still Steve Gallen doing the dealing
    Not sure it is.
  • Gallen not negotiating
  • edited January 2020
    Addickted said:

Swiss International.
    Cawley didn’t have a clue about the Watford kid.

If only he was working to get those deals over the line....

• From limited highlights of him showing his goals -

Cedric Itten is 23, 6'2" and looks quite a strong lad.   decent in the air and scores a fair few with his noggin.  Bit of a poacher from the goals I have seen (goals tend to be in the box) but usually well placed

Looks quite confident...bordering on cocky.

Would need wingers to supply him or he'can pick up scraps and finish them (but we don't produce much of that really)

Scoring 1 in 2 this season and a couple of assists too.  3 from 2 in the national team is a decent start too but rated at £2.7m on Transfermarkt so wouldn't be cheap

I'd be surprised if we got him to be honest
  • Addickted said:

Swiss International.
    Cawley didn’t have a clue about the Watford kid.

If only he was working to get those deals over the line....

Good thing no one suggested that.
  • Relax - Saturday - HE in the House - Maddison plus top quality defender and 2x prem loans announced. 
    Charlton win 3-0 Taylor Hat Trick 
    Covered End goes wild. 
    And then you wake up.
  • tony1234 said:
    Ms was an agent , think he knows how to do a deal 
    Which players did he have on his books again ?  I don't do faith, I ask questions.
    I wish Matt all the success in the world but you and I don't have a clue if he was a successful agent or not .