Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Makes me feel a little bit sick that we are getting players from Scotland on loan, glorified pub league. Watched Hearts vs Rangers at the weekend, my word it was poor
  • edited January 2020
    I've been very supportive of the new owners and have said that we should judge them on transfers on Saturday 1st Feb. However I'm also getting a little concerned that it 'appears' no-one has been signed. The one thought I've had is, could it be we have signed a couple of players, they are training with the squad, but we haven't announced them so as to try and keep the potential new team away from Barnsley until the very last minute? Clutching at straws maybe, but I would like to think that Bowyer/Gallen and of course Southall have something organised to strengthen the squad! 
    LOL.  Do you really think we would sign a player & keep it under wraps until Friday just so Barnsley might get a "surprise" on Saturday. Do me a favour !!! Some real clutching at straws going on there. 

I think what is worrying is that LB said that their "lists" had been given to MS last week & its now down to him. With the best will in the world, he might have been a players agent but he has never done the bargaining for the other side. Should have left it to SG to sort out.

MS also said last week that there were deals "pending". Sounds like he needs to get his arse in gear & move them from the "pending" tray to the "done" tray.
  • Makes me feel a little bit sick that we are getting players from Scotland on loan, glorified pub league. Watched Hearts vs Rangers at the weekend, my word it was poor
    Aribo was shit.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Someone on twitter has just pointed out that with Spurs having a bid accepted for Bergwijn (PSV) it could enable Parrott to go out on loan...
    By the sound of everything I've read and been told from behind the scenes, Bergwijn is more a wide player that can fill in anywhere across the top.  We're supposed to be after a centre-forward too.  If that comes off then there's every chance he would go on loan.

Its strange that Poch said he expected him to be part of the first team squad this season and get minutes where as Mourinho has pretty much blocked him and said he needs at least another 3 years experience before he gets a chance.  I've watched a fair bit of him in the youth teams and he looked more than ready for a chance.  He impressed in pre-season too.  Two footed, reasonably quick, very good on the ball.  Very much in the Robbie Keane-mould of old.  Industrious and very skillful.  A loan to the Championship for some first team football would do him the world of good.
    Sounds a bit typical Mourinho then sadly in terms of the youngsters
  • Sage said:
    If Maddison doesnt sign for anyone else the longer it goes on Friday then I see Gallen having the following conversation with him

SG: Want to sign on those terms we offered you?

MM will then either say yes because we're the best Championship option in his eyes (In which case we get the player) or he'll say no, give me the extra 1k I asked for

If its the latter then its all depends if Gallen is prepared to then pay it - If all other avenues have been exhausted then I reckon we'll pay it, all depends on who is prepared to blink first

Of course should we get him we'll never know if we did just offer more or whether Maddison came to his senses (doubt it'll stop people moaning that we could have just paid him what he wanted making him available for Fulham)

On the other hand he may well feel he wants to be in a position where the transfer fee becomes his signing on fee in the summer (for whoever he joins) - If thats the case then I dont think it matters what anyone offers him!!
    As far as I know, Maddison was not the player who asked for the extra £1,000 p/w. 
    Out of interest who was it then? Clue on the level of player it was 
    I reckopn Mowatt
  • Sage said:
    If Maddison doesnt sign for anyone else the longer it goes on Friday then I see Gallen having the following conversation with him

MM will then either say yes because we're the best Championship option in his eyes (In which case we get the player) or he'll say no, give me the extra 1k I asked for

If its the latter then its all depends if Gallen is prepared to then pay it - If all other avenues have been exhausted then I reckon we'll pay it, all depends on who is prepared to blink first

Of course should we get him we'll never know if we did just offer more or whether Maddison came to his senses (doubt it'll stop people moaning that we could have just paid him what he wanted making him available for Fulham)

On the other hand he may well feel he wants to be in a position where the transfer fee becomes his signing on fee in the summer (for whoever he joins) - If thats the case then I dont think it matters what anyone offers him!!
    As far as I know, Maddison was not the player who asked for the extra £1,000 p/w. 
    I reckopn Mowatt
    Sage then said it was likely to a player from League One rather than the Championship

Ben Close | Ronan Curtis | Scott Fraser are the other names from that level where we've been linked
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

I reckopn Mowatt
    Sage then said it was likely to a player from League One rather than the Championship

Ben Close | Ronan Curtis | Scott Fraser are the other names from that level where we've been linked
    I mean I was guessing. I have no info. Just from when it came out at the time it seemed to match up with the Mowatt timeline. We will probably never know though.
  • 3 in, Chirivella or equivalent, Parrott or equivalent, Pogba
  • Sage said:

I reckopn Mowatt

I have a feeling none of those, all would have cost a fee and it makes little sense to me to pay a fee for one of those players, all valued at around 500k, 3 million and 500k respectively. Makes little to no sense to stump up that kind of fee and then not pay up the extra 52k. Especially when they're players with quality and better than what we have 

It sounds like a freebie to me but no one really knows I guess 
  • I reckon we'll sign 2 or 3 before the window shuts. Personally, 2 loans in the door and Lyle staying and I think we'll have enough about us to stay up.

I'm not going to massively judge them on this window given the time frames + you can bet your bottom dollar everyone (MS / SG / LB etc) is working around the clock to try and get reinforcements in the door, they will know what's needed and there will be a 1,000 reasons why some transfers won't come off, but I bet it's not for the want of trying.

I actually believe if we signed no one else (and didn't lose anyone) and got a bit more luck with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, then we'd be fine - obviously I'd rather not rely on that.
    Agreed
  • Sage said:

I reckopn Mowatt

I have a feeling none of those, all would have cost a fee and it makes little sense to me to pay a fee for one of those players, all valued at around 500k, 3 million and 500k respectively. Makes little to no sense to stump up that kind of fee and then not pay up the extra 52k. Especially when they're players with quality and better than what we have 

It sounds like a freebie to me but no one really knows I guess 
    would the player have only been signing a one year deal then?
  • Beardface said:
    Beardface said:
    Oops.... Just been blocked by Nicko for joking that he managed to get Lyle's name right this time round!!
    @ForeverAddickted he did bite and respond as well, but I won't post it here as it looks like it has your real name in it. He said "Considering I watched him for my team when you didn t even know who he was.... Yeah."

Sounds like a bit of a prat. 
    Oh I dont mind people knowing my real name - I just dont use a photo on that profile what with the idiots you get on social media

Saw his response just before he blocked me, found it quite amusing - Guess he didnt like the thought of being challenged on his rumours, especially as some have said on here that he gets wrong a lot more than what he gets right
  • edited January 2020
    If they are going to deliver they are leaving it late  :D

Be great to see the likes of Parrott, Chirrivella and Maddison announced, be such a confidence boost after getting Bowyer signed up last week.  

• Sponsored links:

• Beardface said:
    Beardface said:
    Oops.... Just been blocked by Nicko for joking that he managed to get Lyle's name right this time round!!
    @ForeverAddickted he did bite and respond as well, but I won't post it here as it looks like it has your real name in it. He said "Considering I watched him for my team when you didn t even know who he was.... Yeah."

Sounds like a bit of a prat. 
    Oh I dont mind people knowing my real name - I just dont use a photo on that profile what with the idiots you get on social media

Saw his response just before he blocked me, found it quite amusing - Guess he didnt like the thought of being challenged on his rumours, especially as some have said on here that he gets wrong a lot more than what he gets right
    At least you’ve now joined the club. He blocked me last week... :joy: 
  • edited January 2020
    Scored in the FA Cup against Tranmere. 

About 30 secs into the video...

https://youtu.be/PzZm7SH-ayg
  • We need a powerful box to box midfielder. A 6 year deal means Watford obviously highly rate him. Would definitely welcome him.
  • Beardface said:
    Who is this guy? He's not verified so wonder on his credibility.