Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Beardface said:
    Beardface said:
    Oops.... Just been blocked by Nicko for joking that he managed to get Lyle's name right this time round!!
    @ForeverAddickted he did bite and respond as well, but I won't post it here as it looks like it has your real name in it. He said "Considering I watched him for my team when you didn t even know who he was.... Yeah."

Sounds like a bit of a prat. 
    Yeah he's a proper knob. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Beardface said:
    Who is this guy? He's not verified so wonder on his credibility.
    He's a journalist for the Sun
  • Macronate said:
    Beardface said:
    Oops.... Just been blocked by Nicko for joking that he managed to get Lyle's name right this time round!!
    He blocked you for that!

Humourless twat.
    Guess he's the sort who wants to be idolised on twitter rather than challenged
  • edited January 2020
    ForeverAddickted said:
    Watford fans think he's a better prospect than Gallagher
    Because they totally saw and experienced Gallagher? I hope he's at least half the player Gallagher was but don't know anything of him.
  • The Sun journalist.
  • edited January 2020
    Everyone ready, come Saturday, get up ready to go to Charlton, but first read Charlton tweets (sorry Olly), tried to get players over the line, but run out of time..............read that before somewhere  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
  • Money being asked for by clubs does not go down as the window shortens.In many cases it goes UP.

If clubs get money in then when they look for replacements the selling club puts money on.

If selling clubs know your desperate then they are going to pile on the wedge.

It makes far more sense to get in early 

• Nixon just blocked me too 😢
  • edited January 2020
    Addickted said:
    Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
    Are you just making these up yourself?
    Well someone is either making them up or is aware what has been happening in and around the agent circle.

Another I've heard is a loan move for a forward from a Premier League Club in London. Has played a few PL games already this season.

EDIT: May have played for two Clubs already this season, so not certain if it's viable. To be honest not heard of him previously.
  • Talal said:
    Nixon just blocked me too 😢
    Haha what did you do to be blocked?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm getting bored with this now. After Preston when Bowyer said he wanted two in before Fulham did he still think we were playing them this Wednesday?
  • I wouldn't start worrying yet, there's still 80 hours until the window slams shut!

We'll at least get a couple of decent loans and that'll do to keep us up.
  • edited January 2020
    Tricky one isn’t it.....

Get why they don’t want to be held to ransom over players who might not be part of the next three years plan. 

And that the squad against Fulham is probably good enough to keep us up.

But blummin heck, you’d think the new owners would want some statement of intent.

No hints of anything doesn’t mean things are happening I guess. 

Three and a bit days to go. 
  • Money being asked for by clubs does not go down as the window shortens.In many cases it goes UP.

If clubs get money in then when they look for replacements the selling club puts money on.

I can see the logic in your assertion if it’s a player they don’t want to sell.

But the price for players that clubs don’t want to sell is naturally inflated in January, regardless of what point in the window you try to buy them.

If a club is trying to offload a player but getting no bids that match their valuation, they either drop their price to a point where they can sell, get some funds and bring in their own targets or they hold and have a player they don’t want on their books for six more months.
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Next rumour - Cedric Itten, young forward for St Gallen and was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Swiss International.
    Are you just making these up yourself?
    Well someone is either making them up or is aware what has been happening in and around the agent circle.

Another I've heard is a loan move for a forward from a Premier League Club in London. Has played a few PL games already this season.

EDIT: May have played for two Clubs already this season, so not certain if it's viable. To be honest not heard of him previously.
    Heard from where?
  • edited January 2020
    Money being asked for by clubs does not go down as the window shortens.In many cases it goes UP.

I picked up on this straight away when Matt said we are waiting for the price to go down near the end of the Window ! (Wage demand )

it's obvious really, players in demand, the price goes up, players that only one club want, the price or wage demand goes down,

Supply and demand.
    It ain't Rocket science.

• edited January 2020
    The close of window will be
    1) fantastic
    2) erm
    or
    3) FFS!  

What I am more worried about is the general kudos and reputation of ESI and in particular MS if we do not do any business at all, as that could well affect how their "project" takes off and I am the greatest fan of their project. 

He is due all the pelters that are coming his way if we do not strengthen and are in fact weaker. MS needs to have learnt a valuable lesson if that is the case. He needs to keep his gob selectively shut. While it is refreshing that he and ESI seem the polar opposite of the Belgian turd, they perhaps need to reign in some of the promises.  We are football supporters after all, impatient, knee jerk, deluded and far from impartial on ANYTHING.
  • edited January 2020
    The same principles don’t apply since there is a deadline for the selling club. They can’t hold their asset forever because if they miss the deadline they get 0.

Like I said if they don’t want to sell in the first place, what makes you think the price is going up late in the window?

Are we asking more for Lyle Taylor now than we were two weeks ago?

I picked up on this straight away when Matt said we are waiting for the price to go down near the end of the Window ! (Wage demand )

it's obvious really, players in demand, the price goes up, players that only one club want, the price or wage demand goes down,

Supply and demand.
    It ain't Rocket science.

Not necessarily. Not if you are trying to buy a player whose club doesn't want to sell. 

I agree on wage demands, and that may be the case with someone like Maddison. But I wouldn't assume it's definitely going to be easier to buy players later in the window.