Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Can't wait for the pelters if it does not come off.

Thank you for sharing what you have heard
  • Options
    Maybe the Sun journo got confused by the double barrelled name, hence the link to their captain as well. 
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes in advanced talks with Wigan. 

Incredibly frustrating, would be a good signing for us
    He wants to stay up north

• Options
    Not a rumour but just seen that Lee Gregory is available from Stoke. Scored goals for Millwall but struggled a bit at Stoke. 
  • Options
    Not a rumour but just seen that Lee Gregory is available from Stoke. Scored goals for Millwall but struggled a bit at Stoke. 
    Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back at the sewage farm.
  • Options
    No complaints with JCH if he's fit and ready. Better than what's available and he has room to improve. Rotherham fans think we are mental if we sign him  for the championship cause they think he is quite frankly, lazy, rubbish and not ready for this level, Gasheads think he's well out of form. Sometimes though players just fit different clubs better. He does have a powerful shot on him and he's a big strong lad
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Height: 183cm (6ft)
    Played : 122 (99) not sure if 99 is starts or subs.
    Goals scored: 49
    Special features: Silly tattoos.

This season (19/20)
    Played 26
    Goals Scored 12
    Assists 1
    LOL for “special features”.

I’ll throw in his FM profile, can someone find the obligatory YouTube video?

• Options
    Clarke-Harris would be a good signing IMO, a handful, strong, fairly quick and notches occasionally, defenders would come off battered against us if our forwards were Taylor, Bonne and him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This season (19/20)
    Played 26
    Goals Scored 12
    Assists 1

https://youtu.be/Cg6fUqM0kCM
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This season (19/20)
    Played 26
    Goals Scored 12
    Assists 1

Goals v Plymouth, Luton and Accrington were unreal, get this done please!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:
    Deals have been offered and players agents and clubs are looking around to see if other better offers come in. We probably have deals we could do now, but should we?

Or should wait to see if targets higher up the list come in? If the Liverpool deal happens are we not interested in the Rangers lad - or is it the other way round? Or both? Could we go back to Blackpool or are we onto someone better? 

Well put, @Redrobo.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting Bowyer's way of thinking in the transfer window.

Obviously he's concerned to get players in ...... but he always tries to get the players he wants; the players that can improve the team.
    If necessary he'll hang on to the last day of the window to get the player he wants, rather than just another average squad player to make up numbers.

Sure, it can backfire ..... as the window was closing last January, he lost out to the players he wanted - and in desperation, Josh Parker was signed, just because he needed a dependable player with the right attitude, to make up the squad numbers.

On the other hand, the previous summer window, he determinedly hung on all through it for Cullen and Bielik, signing them right towards the end of the window. Those 2 players proved key to our promotion success last season.

I've faith that Bowyer's intention will be to sign the best players he can get for his way of setting up the team.
    And the targets will have already been identified.

Bowyer and Gallen might well be holding off signing their 2nd choices, while the 1st choices may still be available.

I would just add that whoever we bring in has to be ready to hit the ground running.
    Our situation is becoming critical and come February there will be no time for "needs time to settle"; "needs to get used to tactics/formation/team-mates" or "needs to get up to speed with our training levels" or similar shit.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:
    Deals have been offered and players agents and clubs are looking around to see if other better offers come in. We probably have deals we could do now, but should we?

Or should wait to see if targets higher up the list come in? If the Liverpool deal happens are we not interested in the Rangers lad - or is it the other way round? Or both? Could we go back to Blackpool or are we onto someone better? 

Well put, @Redrobo.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting Bowyer's way of thinking in the transfer window.

Obviously he's concerned to get players in ...... but he always tries to get the players he wants; the players that can improve the team.
    If necessary he'll hang on to the last day of the window to get the player he wants, rather than just another average squad player to make up numbers.

Sure, it can backfire ..... as the window was closing last January, he lost out to the players he wanted - and in desperation, Josh Parker was signed, just because he needed a dependable player with the right attitude, to make up the squad numbers.

On the other hand, the previous summer window, he determinedly hung on all through it for Cullen and Bielik, signing them right towards the end of the window. Those 2 players proved key to our promotion success last season.

I've faith that Bowyer's intention will be to sign the best players he can get for his way of setting up the team.
    And the targets will have already been identified.

Bowyer and Gallen might well be holding off signing their 2nd choices, while the 1st choices may still be available.

I would just add that whoever we bring in has to be ready to hit the ground running.
    Our situation is becoming critical and come February there will be no time for "needs time to settle"; "needs to get used to tactics/formation/team-mates" or "needs to get up to speed with our training levels" or similar shit.
    Agree.

But his past record tells us Bowyer won't want to settle for 2nd best, if there's still a chance of getting the 1st choice.

• Options
    Good mix of goals in those clips. Showed strength, mobility and no small measure of skill. In Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    For the love of god, please sign some bloody players!!!!!
  • Options
    Clarke-Harris would be a good signing IMO, a handful, strong, fairly quick and notches occasionally, defenders would come off battered against us if our forwards were Taylor, Bonne and him.
    Could but 2 mil is far to much for him. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Then we sign no one, January + our new Middle East based ownership being public = highly inflated prices.  We take it and pay what we have to, or leave it and head to league one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has been a crock of excrement this season. I wouldn't entertain him as an option.
  • Options
    The way I see it with the 2mill, if we went out and bought Toney for 10mill we would wet our pants and say great business. Is Toney 5x better than JCH? I wouldn't say so, it's not a bad price. It would be a snip if he scores goals and keeps us up. Need to prepare for life without Lyle, JCH is a start. I reckon Bowyer can make him better 
  • Options
    The way I see it with the 2mill, if we went out and bought Toney for 10mill we would wet our pants and say great business. Is Toney 5x better than JCH? I wouldn't say so, it's not a bad price. It would be a snip if he scores goals and keeps us up. Need to prepare for life without Lyle, JCH is a start. I reckon Bowyer can make him better 
    Can we have both please
  • Options
    If we get JCH we finally get our Bauer chant back.

“Big fuckin Johnson!  Big fuckin Johnson!”
  • Options
    Rich Cawley: Not set to be any signings made before midday by Charlton. So it will be same squad v Fulham.

When asked if there would be any players signed today:

Rich Cawley: That I can't say Rob. I was more concerned with the cut-off for the next match. I know that privately they are saying that working hard to get deals done. But then that's what every club does in a window if they want to sign players!
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Not for a striker it’s not. Even in League One. How much do Peterborough want for Toney ?
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Not for a striker it’s not. Even in League One. How much do Peterborough want for Toney ?
    Two ...... too much!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This season (19/20)
    Played 26
    Goals Scored 12
    Assists 1

Looks very similar to Bonne