Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Not a rumour but just seen that Lee Gregory is available from Stoke. Scored goals for Millwall but struggled a bit at Stoke. 
    He has been a crock of excrement this season. I wouldn't entertain him as an option.
    I remember when the ball dropped to him 6 yards out this season with the goal at his mercy, he expertly cleared the danger by smacking the ball high into the stand
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Clarke-Harris would be a good signing IMO, a handful, strong, fairly quick and notches occasionally, defenders would come off battered against us if our forwards were Taylor, Bonne and him.
    Could but 2 mil is far to much for him. 
    Not for a striker it’s not. Even in League One. How much do Peterborough want for Toney ?
    What clubs want for players is irrelevant, it’s what clubs will pay that dictates value. That’s how markets work. 
  • Options
    They may 'want' £2m but now Clarke-Harris knows we are after him and put in in a bid, it will certainly unsettle the player. A bid of £1m to start is the norm. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Have to wonder if we asked to move the Fulham game earlier so Lee and the staff can just focus on transfers for a week and a half until the window closes? 

Makes sense to me 
    Obviously the actual game means nothing then.....that's why it was rescheduled when all our injured players are either still out or not quite match fit 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Have to wonder if we asked to move the Fulham game earlier so Lee and the staff can just focus on transfers for a week and a half until the window closes? 

Makes sense to me 
    And potentially MS and Co. Can also spend that time going through the books, doing a lot of administration and evaluation and trying to get something of a clean slate.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Makes sense to me 
    So a forfeit then, as I said earlier but got grilled for.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There is always a chance of something, but I am not a fan of the odds. Keep it tight as long as possible, kick the shit out of them as much as the ref will allow (they have a big game on Saturday) and see where we are with 20 to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is always a chance of something, but I am not a fan of the odds. Keep it tight as long as possible, kick the shit out of them as much as the ref will allow (they have a big game on Saturday) and see where we are with 20 to go.
    A slim chance yes, I just think we’ve missed a trick not getting em in before Preston/Fulham. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Makes sense to me 
    Might have Taylor, Cullen, and Aneke back in some capacity so no I don't think so. People were thinking we'd get battered 6-0 by West Brom, obviously that didn't happen. I don't think we'll get battered tomorrow either
    West Brom was on pure battle and heart, which is what Bowyer teams give you.  But I just fear a thumping is due, the players coming back especially long term always take a while to blow the cobwebs away.
  • Options
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Can't wait for the pelters if it does not come off.

No, don't believe it, they're skint remember because Charlton Life said so.

That or they don't want to overpay average players. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Makes sense to me 
    Might have Taylor, Cullen, and Aneke back in some capacity so no I don't think so. People were thinking we'd get battered 6-0 by West Brom, obviously that didn't happen. I don't think we'll get battered tomorrow either
    Fulham will also have their eyes on another game coming up!!
  • Options
    Is the game on Sky Red Button?
    I am actually going but would like to record it, however looking on Sky programs for tomorrow evening there are no Championship game listed, so I assume it’s a no, though someone on another thread said they will be watching it on Red Button. I think they are mistaken.
  • Options
    I am actually going but would like to record it, however looking on Sky programs for tomorrow evening there are no Championship game listed, so I assume it’s a no, though someone on another thread said they will be watching it on Red Button. I think they are mistaken.
    Sky football channel 
    Red button 
  • Options
    I looked like you and don't think it is on Red Button. Have therefore decided to go and suffer the nightmare rush hour trip around the M25 and up the A2, but not anticipating we will get much out of this one. But, you never know  ;)
  • Options
    Its definitely on the red button.
  • Options
    Sky football channel 
    Red button 
    Ok, thanks bp72.....which means I can’t pre set my Q box to record....damn! :/
  • Options
    I looked like you and don't think it is on Red Button. Have therefore decided to go and suffer the nightmare rush hour trip around the M25 and up the A2, but not anticipating we will get much out of this one. But, you never know  ;)
    Definitely on the red button

I was the one advising it wouldnt be on the TV but seems SKY put egg on my face by making it available on the red button

If you leave it on Sky Sports Football you'll get to "enjoy" Kilmarnock v Celtic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just sign a player
    A bloody football player 
    I just dont think you understand 
    We're down to the ground
    Time to spend a pound
    I just don't think you understand 
  • Options
    It now shows on the listing as being available....although the main game is Kilmarnock V Celtic.
  • Options
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Ask yourself why we are having to target average players
  • Options
    Is Boris still booking Big Ben to chime on the 31st for Brexit? If not can we book it for ESI finally get out the cheque book?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chunes said:

Because in Jan many clubs want to keep their good players or sell them for way over their value?
    So we target average players? Do you really believe B&G had a conversation where they decided not to target the best they could get with the money they have, and just said let's do average then

There's good players not playing all over the place.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Because in Jan many clubs want to keep their good players or sell them for way over their value?
    So we target average players? Do you really believe B&G had a conversation where they decided not to target the best they could get with the money they have, and just said let's do average then

Like who?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Like who?
    Who do you think I am, Thomas Driesen? Scouting from my bedroom? It's impossible there aren't any. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

If they're good, why aren't they playing?

Because they're not as good as you would like us to believe.