Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else a bit worried?
    we are 21 days into the window, no signings and our Manager who whinged for a new contract to speed up signings has taken 2 weeks to sign.

we have had two games we could have potentially got an extra 3-4 points in and a game at home tomorrow night we could have more of a chance in.

it defies belief that anyone could not be at all pissed off or concerned about this. We’ve been struggling for numbers for 2 months and we don’t seem in any rush to rectify that problem. Hull for example have signed Malik Wilks, Herbie Kane and Samuelsen. 
  • Options
    *weve signed Andre green on loan, my apologies 
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    we are 21 days into the window, no signings and our Manager who whinged for a new contract to speed up signings has taken 2 weeks to sign.

we have had two games we could have potentially got an extra 3-4 points in and a game at home tomorrow night we could have more of a chance in.

it defies belief that anyone could not be at all pissed off or concerned about this. We’ve been struggling for numbers for 2 months and we don’t seem in any rush to rectify that problem. Hull for example have signed Malik Wilks, Herbie Kane and Samuelsen. 
    LB has said that he is waiting for JJ and Marshall to sign new contracts 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1016669326?-11197:833
  • Options
    Docherty training with the Rangers squad...

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1219635855360516098?s=21
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

Personally it defies my belief that people are pissed off and concerned about this. The transfer window is still open, with most deals getting done towards the back end of it, and alongside this we have quality players coming back from injury.

If by Feb 1st Bowyer has not signed a contract and our team is still looking weak then it will be time to worry. Until then people need to chill out.
    Another few games have passed. WBA and Preston on paper and form wise suggest they weren’t winnable games but having been at both if we had an extra bit of experience we may well have an extra 3-4 points on the board. 

It’s not as if we have suddenly had a load of injured players. Apart from Gallagher leaving we knew we needed several players in quickly 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Nobody has gone for pie eating yet, disappointed. 
    Thinking more synchronised swimming:)
  • Options
    Is the game on Sky Red Button?
    I am actually going but would like to record it, however looking on Sky programs for tomorrow evening there are no Championship game listed, so I assume it’s a no, though someone on another thread said they will be watching it on Red Button. I think they are mistaken.
    I looked like you and don't think it is on Red Button. Have therefore decided to go and suffer the nightmare rush hour trip around the M25 and up the A2, but not anticipating we will get much out of this one. But, you never know  ;)
    It now shows on the listing as being available....although the main game is Kilmarnock V Celtic.
    You are correct, must have changed sometime over the last few days. That presents a dilemma. I had hoped we might have had a couple of new players to watch if I travelled to the game. Will decide tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    Nobody has gone for pie eating yet, disappointed. 
    Conkers?
  • Options

I love this thread.... said no one ever! 800 new posts of absolute crap and the only potential rumour Clarke-Harris. Thanks all, enjoyed reading some of that :)

Sorry it is a bit doom and gloom in here, so I thought I would add half a joke in there.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    tgarrat1 said:

LB has said that he is waiting for JJ and Marshall to sign new contracts 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1016669326?-11197:833
    If it is true Bowyer is waiting for Jackson and Marshall to be sorted before signing his contract, whilst not particularly surprising, he didn't mention that as a pre-condition last week. Last week he apparently wanted clarity around the specifics of the 5 year offer, the week before that his concern was that Southall delaying a contract offer until February was impacting player signings. What will be the issue next week. Grant Basey or the physio needing a contract extension? What the hell is going on?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Can't wait for the pelters if it does not come off.

No, don't believe it, they're skint remember because Charlton Life said so.

That or they don't want to overpay average players. 
    Ask yourself why we are having to target average players
    Because in Jan many clubs want to keep their good players or sell them for way over their value?
    So we target average players? Do you really believe B&G had a conversation where they decided not to target the best they could get with the money they have, and just said let's do average then

There's good players not playing all over the place.
    If they're good, why aren't they playing?

Because they're not as good as you would like us to believe.
    Competitive squad. Not the managers type of player. Fallen out of favour. Needs a run of games. Out of form. Doesn't fit in. Family hasn't settled in the area. Fans got on their back. Not being played to their strengths. Was played out of position. Doesn't fit the managers strategy. No place in the current formation. Being kept out of side by even better player. Generally undervalued.

Off the top of my head. 

Where did Yann come from?
    Precisely. I'm all for the find undervalued players and improve them approach. Bow and Steve have been very good at that. But. It is possible to do well in the summer window and near enough impossible to do in January. 

In my view we need to be focusing on filling the 2 available loan spots with players who can come in and add quality for the rest of the season in key areas and keep us up. 

We need 2 midfielders to maintain the same numbers as the start if the season. One to replace Gallagher and one to replace Kayal.

We need a striker, even more so if Lyle goes. 

Then if we can get in a left sided utility defender or a creative number 10 then that's a bonus.
  • Options

Not a new signing, but a new sign.
    The mould on that pointing and the general state of the block work is disgusting...

I am going to add this to the end of my list of gripes with ESI.  AND it is a growing list I can tell you,  GRRRRR!
  • Options
    I'm also not particularly worries about people being underwhelmed by the likes of Docherty or Clarke. If Bow and Gallen have seen something in them I am happy to trust them. I'm sure the coaching of Bow and Jacko will improve them and older heads like Pratley around will help.
  • Options
    Barnsley in 2, out 2, spent 0
    Birmingham in 0, out 0, spent 0
    Blackburn in 0, out 2, spent 0
    Brentford in 0, out 1, spent 0
    Bristol in 0, out 5, spent 0
    Cardiff in 0, out 2, spent 0
    Chartlon in 1, out 1, spent 0
    Derby in 0, out 2, spent 0
    Fulham in 3, out 1, spent 15m
    Hudders in 4, our 3, spent 0
    Hull in 3, out 1, spent 0
    Leeds in 0, out 2, spent 0
    Luton in 0, out 0, spent 0
    M'Boro in 3, out 4, spent 1m
    Millwall in 1, out 1, spent 0
    N'Forest in 0, out 1, spent 0
    Preston in 1, out 2, spent 0
    QPR in 1, out 0, spent 0
    Reading in 0, out 2, spent 0
    Shef'Wed in 0, out 1, spent 0
    Stoke in 1, out 2, spent 0
    Swansea in 3, out 2, spent 0
    WBA in 0, out 1, spent 0
    Wigan in 1, out 1, spent 0

Only 12 of the 24 (including ourselves) have signed anybody, and 6 of those 12 haven't actually increased their squad size as they've let as many or more leave.

Only 4 of the 12 to sign somebody have actually spent any money (Hull and Swansea have brought players in for undisclosed amounts)
    We've lost more than 1, Leko, Gallagher and Kayal have all departed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR in 1, out 0, spent 0
    WBA in 0, out 1, spent 0

Only 12 of the 24 (including ourselves) have signed anybody, and 6 of those 12 haven't actually increased their squad size as they've let as many or more leave.

Only 4 of the 12 to sign somebody have actually spent any money (Hull and Swansea have brought players in for undisclosed amounts)
    Charlton are 3 out (Kayal, Leko and Gallagher).
  • Options

We are in the market for a striker...Cavani handed in transfer request.

Coincidence? I think not
  • Options

Interesting, thanks @randy andy always nice when someone takes the time generate some actual factual evidence rather than the usual conjecture and conclusion jumping that goes on on here.

Would be interesting to know how much business the Championship teams did in the January 2019 window - would give us a comparison to see hoe much activity we might expect in the final week.

• Options
    4 if you include ledley
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Can't wait for the pelters if it does not come off.

No, don't believe it, they're skint remember because Charlton Life said so.

That or they don't want to overpay average players. 
    Ask yourself why we are having to target average players
    Because in Jan many clubs want to keep their good players or sell them for way over their value?
    So we target average players? Do you really believe B&G had a conversation where they decided not to target the best they could get with the money they have, and just said let's do average then

There's good players not playing all over the place.
    If they're good, why aren't they playing?

Because they're not as good as you would like us to believe.
    Well I would guess that between the other London clubs their are 20 players with no chance of playing for their first teams this season who would get a game in our current team. 

Any average player would be good enough for a game in place of a few of our current crop, but how many of those are actually worth signing. 

If you think of those that are good do you think they're also affordable within a sensible recruitment strategy?
  • Options
    QPR in 1, out 0, spent 0
    WBA in 0, out 1, spent 0

Hard comparison to make, most of them clubs have big squads with lots of quality players and don't have an injury crisis so don't need to spend, we don't have that luxury 
  • Options
    Kayal I'll agree left in the window, but not sure Leko should count (would count as injured for the season before the window) and I'd be hesitant to include ledley who was a short term signing before the window that didnt work out.

So definitely 2 out during the window, 3 at a push.

Anyway, the point was that the majority of the division hasn't done their transfer business as yet. A lot of the outs above are players being loaned to lower divisions, or their own loans returning to parent club.
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

I think we are nearly all concerned.