Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• TrustSwap is on the move now, I sold my tokens as I got impatient and put the money into another. Oh well.
  • I keep dithering on Cryptos. Quick poll. Would any on here, buy in to Bitcoin at current prices? Why?

My friend has been smashing a drum in my ear for a few years and keeps on with the same mantra that he went with a friend to Manchester to see him buy two bitcoin shares, early on, at $400 each. 

I keep thinking about it. Procrastination is not a good thing, so it seems. 
  • I keep dithering on Cryptos. Quick poll. Would any on here, buy in to Bitcoin at current prices? Why?

My friend has been smashing a drum in my ear for a few years and keeps on with the same mantra that he went with a friend to Manchester to see him buy two bitcoin shares, early on, at $400 each. 

I keep thinking about it. Procrastination is not a good thing, so it seems. 
    Buy some you can afford to lose. Leave it and come back in 4 years. It will likely be the best performing asset you’ll ever have. 
  • (I’m talking about Bitcoin here, altcoins come and go, some with wither away, others will stay, but Bitcoin will always remain. 
  • edited February 2021
    Well I have no current investments, only cash in the bank. Just over a year ago my wife invested in MoveGB the gym membership company. We'd been members for about 4 years and so knew the business model. Anyway they were seeking around £1m to grow the business across UK. So she put in £2k but then all the gyms shut and I'm not really sure how it will work out. The company is fairly steamlined with only about 8 full-time staff. We'll see. 

Back on point Kentaddick, I'd like to buy maybe £2k of Croypto, as you say an amount I can afford to lose. 

I went to open a Binance account last weekend with a view to opening a route to purchase, but if I'm honest I found the whole thing confusing, what with other apps required. If anyone would be happy to explain it to a NOVICE, I'd really appreciate it. 
  • BalladMan said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    shine166 said:
    Ada breached $1 and zil on the move back up again. 
    And ETH through 2k! Need ZIL to have another run at 16 cents, if it breaks that and bitcoin stays range bound it will fly
    Annnnnd it hit my moved stop before pumping past 2k. Typical.

Looks a good weekend for alts. Made some money scalping dodo this morning so... slightly makes up for missing out on that small pump
    Any advice on ALTS to try.  I am in Polka, ChainLink and uniswap at the moment.  
    Sound like solid ones to me.

litecoin is undervalued. Find a good entry on that. 
  • Well I have no current investments, only cash in the bank. Just over a year ago my wife invested in MoveGB the gym membership company. We'd been members for about 4 years and so knew the business model. Anyway they were seeking around £1m to grow the business across UK. So she put in £2k but then all the gyms shut and I'm not really sure how it will work out. The company is fairly steamlined with only about 8 full-time staff. We'll see. 

Back on point Kentaddick, I'd like to buy maybe £2k of Croypto, as you say an amount I can afford to lose. 

I went to open a Binance account last weekend with a view to opening a route to purchase, but if I'm honest I found the whole thing confusing, what with other apps required. If anyone would be happy to explain it to a NOVICE, I'd really appreciate it. 
    I would steer clear of Binance. Ridiculously complicated and seemingly impossible to withdraw funds. Use Coinbase instead.
  • BalladMan said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    shine166 said:
    Ada breached $1 and zil on the move back up again. 
    And ETH through 2k! Need ZIL to have another run at 16 cents, if it breaks that and bitcoin stays range bound it will fly
    Annnnnd it hit my moved stop before pumping past 2k. Typical.

Looks a good weekend for alts. Made some money scalping dodo this morning so... slightly makes up for missing out on that small pump
    Any advice on ALTS to try.  I am in Polka, ChainLink and uniswap at the moment.  
    I've got some Polka. I've recently grabbed some cake and reef too. Cake is the binance equivalent of uniswap.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Well I have no current investments, only cash in the bank. Just over a year ago my wife invested in MoveGB the gym membership company. We'd been members for about 4 years and so knew the business model. Anyway they were seeking around £1m to grow the business across UK. So she put in £2k but then all the gyms shut and I'm not really sure how it will work out. The company is fairly steamlined with only about 8 full-time staff. We'll see. 

I would steer clear of Binance. Ridiculously complicated and seemingly impossible to withdraw funds. Use Coinbase instead.
    Yeah took me a lot of trial and error to work out how different bits of Binance work. If you just want to buy Bitcoin then buy it on coinbase.

If you want to learn how to day/swing trade (not recommended for newbies) then I’d personally start with a smaller amount. If you simply want to buy and hold then the 2k is fine and or plenty.

remember the bull market like we’re seeing now is because of Bitcoin’s halving later this year (the rewards for mining get halved, meaning Bitcoin then gets more scarce = higher value), it’s why it went up in 2017, and why it will go up further in 2025. In between, it may go lower than it is now, so don’t shit yourself and sell when it’s hit it’s bottom after a blow off top.

This is not financial advice Obvs. 
  • My spidey senses make me feel like there is a correction on the way; but then explosive growth off the back of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    My spidey senses make me feel like there is a correction on the way; but then explosive growth off the back of that 
    Always be prepared for a correction... that means you’re ready for when the dip comes and you can buy. 
  • I agree with all said on here regarding longevity of BITCOIN.  Apart from a catastrophic technical issue (which can always happen of course) it is the digital equivalent of gold.  I wish I had not procrastinated and got in earlier, but thems to breaks.  Put the money in now, come back in 2025 and likely you will have at least doubled your money due to the scarcity of coin rather than anything else.  I would also advocate COINBASE or UPHOLD as decent platforms with little friction getting money in or out.  (this is not financial advice) 
  • Little dip now after the day’s gains for Ada
  • Actually, all of mine are slipping back in the last hour - the crypto roller coaster.  Certainly not a solid a point gained at Fleetwood 
  • Why I dumped some XTZ into USDC earlier 
  • Rothko said:
    Why I dumped some XTZ into USDC earlier 
    Back up now - lol.  Very erratic last hour for ADA
  • Proper liquidation wick on ETH, dropped down to 1796, this is why you use stop losses. Hopefully nice big leg up over $2k now
  • Massive dip for all my coins at 22:30 last night. Seems odd to apply to all coins at the same time but I suppose people are nervous of a big sell off after the bullish behaviour. 
  • I’m now holding some ETH, XRP and DOT, with my largest holding in ZIL. The aim is to just wait it out for a few years and see where we are by that point, but despite this the temptation is to check what they’re doing every day! Not talking huge amounts of money in the scheme of things, but a decent return in the long run I hope. Looking to add to what I currently have in ZIL along the way... 
  • Rylo said:
    I’m now holding some ETH, XRP and DOT, with my largest holding in ZIL. The aim is to just wait it out for a few years and see where we are by that point, but despite this the temptation is to check what they’re doing every day! Not talking huge amounts of money in the scheme of things, but a decent return in the long run I hope. Looking to add to what I currently have in ZIL along the way... 
    when you can, take out what you put in, essentially making it completely risk free. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rylo said:
    I’m now holding some ETH, XRP and DOT, with my largest holding in ZIL. The aim is to just wait it out for a few years and see where we are by that point, but despite this the temptation is to check what they’re doing every day! Not talking huge amounts of money in the scheme of things, but a decent return in the long run I hope. Looking to add to what I currently have in ZIL along the way... 
    I reckon I refresh Delta about 20 times a day, mate... It does get addictive! 
  • BalladMan said:
    Massive dip for all my coins at 22:30 last night. Seems odd to apply to all coins at the same time but I suppose people are nervous of a big sell off after the bullish behaviour. 
    Might have something to do with the richest man in the world tweeting about fucking stable coins.
  • edited February 2021
    BalladMan said:
    Massive dip for all my coins at 22:30 last night. Seems odd to apply to all coins at the same time but I suppose people are nervous of a big sell off after the bullish behaviour. 
    Might have something to do with the richest man in the world tweeting about fucking stable coins.
    Might have it wrong, but not sure he was talking about stable coins... He tweeted saying he heard a certain crypto was "pegging" (fucking it up the arse) the dollar. It was a joke about bitcoin
  • BalladMan said:
    Ha, which one? 
  • Rylo said:
    when you can, take out what you put in, essentially making it completely risk free. 
    Good advice, thanks. I’m there now with DOT, halfway with ZIL and ETH. XRP was a bit of a punt in the hope that their issues will be resolved at some point. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Rylo said:
    I reckon I refresh Delta about 20 times a day, mate... It does get addictive! 
    Only 20..? 👀
  • Bitcoin 57.5k ...cheap
  • Rylo said:
    Rylo said:
    Good advice, thanks. I’m there now with DOT, halfway with ZIL and ETH. XRP was a bit of a punt in the hope that their issues will be resolved at some point. 
    I was also considering XRP (made some cash buying at $0.40, cashed out at recent top of $0.70ish) but also considering getting back in.  However, news this week that this could go on for months as no settlement is near will mean uncertainty on the ruling for some time https://financefeeds.com/top-us-lawyer-looks-at-ripple-battle-with-the-sec/ 
  • BalladMan said:
    Rylo said:
    Rylo said:
    I was also considering XRP (made some cash buying at $0.40, cashed out at recent top of $0.70ish) but also considering getting back in.  However, news this week that this could go on for months as no settlement is near will mean uncertainty on the ruling for some time https://financefeeds.com/top-us-lawyer-looks-at-ripple-battle-with-the-sec/ 
    I only ever scalp xrp (as in, buy and flip it a few mins/half hour later).

it’s the OG of shitcoins imo 
  • Bitcoin 57.5k ...cheap
    Just looking at Coinbase for FIRST purchase of crypto. Being offered BTC at £41,107. It doesn't show in USD. Not sure what their exchange rate is to compare. Any thoughts....anyone. I'm ready to jump in