Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• Was at UP and in the snow.

What does this mean ?
  • I thought it was a fighting performance today. If we'd have bottled it we would have lost that by a fair few goals. No one bottled any challenges and Solly was immense!

To be honest Canters, I think it's a pretty damning indictment of this fixture that we are congratulating the team for something that should be taken as read

What does this mean ?
    I'm guessing Millwall matches at Upton Park and the 'snow' game at The den.

What does this mean ?
    Naunty Henry!
  • LenGlover said:

Was at UP and in the snow.

What does this mean ?
    I'm guessing Millwall matches at Upton Park and the 'snow' game at The den.
    Ha yes. I'd never have worked that out.
  • Watching MOTD, Murphy was talking about how Hernadez for Hull was always in and around the box for Hull, and thus a goal threat, whereas Benteke wasn't for Palace as he wandered around the pitch, and the same happened to us when Josh went off, as with Watt wandering we so often had nobody for the wide men to target when in dangerous positions
  • Taxi_Lad said:

JMP said:

You lot can all knock Morison but how many of you would want him in your team!?

And I thought the goal was not given due to offside NOT a foul against Archer?

Lino flagged for a foul not an offside.
    The Lino flagged across the pitch indicating offside.
    There was no offside. Nobody interfering with play. Just too clueless goons making a fucking tragedy of a decision. They clearly missed it and guessed!!
    Stroud never missed it as he was looking straight at it. If the Lino flagged for a foul then he should have at least gone and spoke to him. It was obviously a perfectly good goal from the replays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Josh did walk back to the dugout in the second half wearing a plastic boot.
  • So worth it

Should have thrown it harder...
    Morisom...complete dxxx
  • Take them to the new Sainsburys cafe for a pre-match scoff next time. It's excellent.
  • Thought we were crap and lucky not to loose. Millwall missed two sitters from free headers. Texiera is a fucking idiot reacting like that. Did Archer make a save?

Did Archer make a save? That bit where he stopped the ball going in the net? I think that's what they call a save. Then he did it again.

What does this mean ?
    When we won
  • edited January 2017
    Jodaius said:

That's worse than I thought. Ref and lino must both have completely switched off. Stroud will be 'rested' next week.

Rested? - he should be struck off the list forever.

Imagine if that cost a team promotion? Or even saw a team relegated?
  • I'm glad we didn't lose, but the loss of the injured players and Tex is a worry.
  • Sponsored links:

• I could of sworn I saw a well known figure from another unnamed Charlton forum have set 2 with Neil Harris at the end of the game by the tunnel
  • Redrobo said:

If Tex and BFG can't play next week, then Johnson and Konsa it is. Not the best team to be playing with a new defence, but that's football.

Lennon could start at LB as well if Page sidelined. Robbo has not had the best of luck so far.

We may be stuck with a choice between Lennon & Johnson - oh, dear!
  • Bubble said:

I could of sworn I saw a well known figure from another unnamed Charlton forum have set 2 with Neil Harris at the end of the game by the tunnel

I saw that. Harris did not look happy. Robinson had to pull him away.
  • The biggest worry for me is the widening gap between us and the top six.
    It's getting to the point where we are going to have to win virtually all our home games to reach the playoffs.
    Next two home games are against top sides and we must win them both
  • Dasilva was too green and should never have made his debut today

I agree. But I don't think he did badly. Kept it simple. Worked hard and ran at his man. Didn't get overawed by the occasion and will be a good player I think.

Most stuff been said already.
    Ref disgraceful, especially second disallowed goal.
    Tex petulant -saw it in real time and knew he'd be sent off. If he was going to have a go, then at least do Morrison some damage instead of a poncy chuck of the ball at his back...
    Felt sorry for Dasilva as no-one wants to be a subbed sub and don't think he deserved that -would have been better to bring Holmes on on the right for Byrne who had faded badly. Holmes crosses after he came on were abysmal.
    Despite the "goal", we were pretty fortunate not to lose - cannot afford the number of free headers we gave away. Big issue with such a small team.
    Many players out there for us today were not match fit. Hope big Josh is OK.
    Solly needs to remember how to pass, though can't fault his commitment.
    Rudd my man of the match -twice he tackled them (cleanly) outside the area - we'd probably have lost today with the less experienced Phillips in goal.

It looked to me like Maginnis tore his lateral ankle ligaments, which is usually six weeks. Sometimes a severely twisted ankle can cause the tibia to chip as well, in which case ten to twelve weeks. Need to get a loan signing in.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Dasilva was too green and should never have made his debut today

I agree. But I don't think he did badly. Kept it simple. Worked hard and ran at his man. Didn't get overawed by the occasion and will be a good player I think.

Most stuff been said already.
    Ref disgraceful, especially second disallowed goal.
    Tex petulant -saw it in real time and knew he'd be sent off. If he was going to have a go, then at least do Morrison some damage instead of a poncy chuck of the ball at his back...
    Felt sorry for Dasilva as no-one wants to be a subbed sub and don't think he deserved that -would have been better to bring Holmes on on the right for Byrne who had faded badly. Holmes crosses after he came on were abysmal.
    Despite the "goal", we were pretty fortunate not to lose - cannot afford the number of free headers we gave away. Big issue with such a small team.
    Many players out there for us today were not match fit. Hope big Josh is OK.
    Solly needs to remember how to pass, though can't fault his commitment.
    Rudd my man of the match -twice he tackled them (cleanly) outside the area - we'd probably have lost today with the less experienced Phillips in goal.

It looked to me like Maginnis tore his lateral ankle ligaments, which is usually six weeks. Sometimes a severely twisted ankle can cause the tibia to chip as well, in which case ten to twelve weeks. Need to get a loan signing in.
    Injured players still need to be paid each week so will be interesting to see how the Club is able to react financially, if at all, if Big Josh is out for a good while.

I see Costa is unsettled at Chelsea - he'd do - Lol.

Incidentally, for those of you who slated Bauer and Tex for various defensive failings, there are are only two teams in League 1 who have conceded less goals than us and we have conceded the same number of goals as Scunthorpe who are in 2nd place and hot faves for promotion.

• If Josh is long term I suspect Roland and Director of Football Driesen point to Watt, Novak, Ajose, KAG, Hanlan and Umerah and ask 'what's your problem?'.
  • Very unfair summary. Robinson put out a side to win. Two injuries is plain bad luck.

I'd be a bit concerned if he put a team out to lose.
  • So worth it

He throws and plays like the a girl
  • So worth it

He throws and plays like the a girl
    'A girl'....