Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• Just seen the clip above - just as I thought - Outrageous. The ref or lino - whoever called that should be suspended!
  • Once Magennis was off we lost any attacking threat - Watt contributes very little. Crofts, Solly and Rudd our best players.
    DaSilva was poor and Bauer continues to look nervous. Some of our defending was very careless.
    Bauer's 'goal' should have stood.....
  • Would just like to say there are some Footballers who shouldn't have hair!! (Paul Konchesky is one of those for example)

Another one is Steve Morrison... He looks a proper prat and looks like he's pinched the wig from a mannequin in the Grandad section @ Marks and Spencer!!... Your 33, you shouldnt be bloody Grey!!

I'm literally 33 and grey
    Bit of snow on the roof don't mean a thing @ValleyGary as long as the boiler is still working :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• But if the ref wasn't incompetent, we'd all be smiling!
  • Was at UP and in the snow, would of loved to be enjoying another win from afar this time. Robbed by ref.
  • edited January 2017
    Not read the whole post. But Bauer stopped as the keeper tried to kick. Goal should've counted. Typical.
  • edited January 2017
    I think the pitch was a bit slippery - hence our injuries and why the keeper lost his footing a bit as he was about to kick - Stroud probably counts the pitch as a Charlton player!!!!! What a prick that man is!
  • JMP said:

You lot can all knock Morison but how many of you would want him in your team!?

And I thought the goal was not given due to offside NOT a foul against Archer?

Lino flagged for a foul not an offside.
  • Referee obviously every bit as bad as feared in real time. Unlikely that anyone was surprised though.
  • JMP said:

honestly no. I felt he looked slow and lumbering. Used all his experience well to goad Tex and did well physically and in the air, but if Millwall had a bit more mobility up top I think we would've been in trouble.

I think he's probably in a similar position to JJ. Been a good servant, useful and will still add a role to the team, but would I want him running the line for us, no way
  • Well, for what it's worth, the sky highlights make it look like we had most of the chances, but weirdly don't include our second disallowed effort and the bad miss by Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• JMP said:

The Lino flagged across the pitch indicating offside.
  • edited January 2017

seth plum said:

PS.

Not aware what happened with Tex at the end, can anybody enlighten me?
    I do know that getting Tex out of the building will save a lot on wages...just sayin'!

Morison clearly said something to him at the final whistle and he threw the ball at the back of his head. Morison then went whinging to Stroud who as we all know doesn't need an excuse to get his red card out.

Morison was again Texeira's face after the red card.
    Was mixing up Rudd incident ignore.
  • Have to agree with your sentiments, @LenGlover.

I've felt since day 1 in August that this squad would struggle to score goals & today's injury to Big Josh emphasised that.

I was pleased to see TWWW on the bench but not introduced onto the pitch as early as was necessary.

But, I fear that Karl will be forced to "make do and mend" with what he has at this moment in time with, allegedly, more "important" targets for the Lookie/Fox cash.....

Regarding Josh's knock, Seb Lewis has posted on Facebook that he spoke to the striker as he left the ground tonight and was told it is just a strain - he was wearing an airboot but not using crutches.

Next Saturday will be another huge test for the gaffer and his new look squad, players possibly carrying knocks and a gap in the back 4 ( maybe 2 if Paddy exiting the pitch with assistance is anything to go by)

Have to admit, I'm not feeling too hopeful....
  • Too many diddy men on the pitch. Lost count of the amount of long diagonal ball in the direction of Dasilva.

Ref had a mare. Tex was an accident waiting to happen all game long.

Really disapointed that we didn't get after their left back, he's an absolute carthorse, yet we failed to exploit that.

The only real positives were Solly's crunching tackle on Morison (almost kicked him back to his caravan) and we didn't lose.

best summary so far ..
    + bad selection from the start .. Magennis up front alone .. NO-ONE else in the side was/is a goal scorer, no-one and now he's injured ..
    we're back to Slade tactics ..
    no Ajose in the 18, is he going ? ..
    we should have lost this .. beaten in the air far too often, they wasted at least three good header chances .. still an improvement in attitude from the Toolbox hammering

Agree that Tex has gone backwards this season and Bauer is not in good form either .. he seems to have hurt his back ..
    Call for Johnson ..
    Da Silva was good when he came on but was then replaced .. why ? ...
    good to see Holmes back after injury ...
    Konsa was good in midfield, Watt tried hard alone up front but got no service .. Chicksen was ok ..
    in fact most of the team were 'OK' .. and that is the issue, OK aint gonna win any prizes ..
    get a grip on selection Robinson
    Yes, CEJ reckons Ajose may go back to Swindon. I think it's plain that Robinson doesn't rate him (nor do I).

Bring on Johnson ? I presume you're just being a WUM.

DaSilva was poor (first senior game so fair enough) & Robinson was correct to take him off the left wing to bring on the left winger Holmes.
  • JMP said:

The Lino flagged across the pitch indicating offside.
    Nope, he flagged sideways indicating a foul. Couldn't possibly have been offside.
  • If Tex and BFG can't play next week, then Johnson and Konsa it is. Not the best team to be playing with a new defence, but that's football.

Lennon could start at LB as well if Page sidelined. Robbo has not had the best of luck so far.
  • So worth it

I'd have hit him. Or at least thrown it harder!
  • Just seen the disallowed goal - unbelievable Jeff