Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• Did anyone else see Morison point and shout to a Charlton fan who had clearly been giving him abuse all game. Wonder what he said to the twat
  • edited January 2017
    VinceK said:

Did anyone else see Morison point and shout to a Charlton fan who had clearly been giving him abuse all game. Wonder what he said to the twat

'I'll let you have my autograph at the final whistle' ?.......Oh hang on a minute can he write?
  • edited January 2017
    Sod the football. The U Bend crew are just back and we are buzzing!

• First time I've seen this team, surprised by how slow the ball was moving round, and how inmobile we were, one paced everywhere.

Lost a lot without Magginnis, didn't expect a Robinson side to need to be that direct, thought Page was good till he went off.

Otherwise a dog of a game, refereed by a shithead
  • Rothko said:

First time I've seen this team, surprised by how slow the ball was moving round, and how inmobile we were, one paced everywhere.

Lost a lot without Magginnis, didn't expect a Robinson side to need to be that direct, thought Page was good till he went off.

Otherwise a dog of a game, refereed by a shithead

To be fair it's the first time this team has played together
  • uie2 said:

Byrne had a good first half but average second.

Tex was diabolical today, he did make a goaline clearance but otherwise embarrassing, miss kicked several times and bottled a number of headers. Not really sure he would ever be up for a fight.

Baur not great but did an average job.

Solly and Rudd were great today.

The rest fairly average.

Everything about Millwall is scummy, fans, players and ground. I really hope they get kicked out the den.

That ref is surely nicking a living he was an absolute disgrace.

Oh shut up you absolute whelk.
    Yes exactly! It happened to us once, and it was horrible not playing at the Valley! So if if it happens to Millwall it will be sad for football and our rivalry!
    Well said this man. I absolutely despise palace and West Ham with a passion but I would never wish them to go under or be forced out of their home. . There's only one club I'd with that on, MK cons
    Maybe it would be best for football in the long run if Millwall were to fold as a result of the planning permission? I think it would make the FA consider what protection needs to be in place to defend their clubs.

Certainly worth the risk now. After all, it could happen to a club that matters! ;-)
  • As poor an effort from our fans as I have witnessed in the last 20 plus years of watching Millwall v our rivals. West Ham, palace, Charlton and Leeds. I have been to 90% plus of all our games v these teams over the last 20-30 years but tonight was just shit. Almost embarrassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• As poor an effort from our fans as I have witnessed in the last 20 plus years of watching Millwall v our rivals. West Ham, palace, Charlton and Leeds. I have been to 90% plus of all our games v these teams over the last 20-30 years but tonight was just shit. Almost embarrassing.

Really? Didn't notice anything.

TBH fella, worst Millwall vocal I have seen in my 30 odd years of following Charlton.

Certainly the quietest I've ever heard from your lot. Nothing coming from your end at all and it doesn't take much from the Jimmy Seed Stand to sound really loud.
    We had the occasional outburst of no one likes us etc but, although fairly loud at times amongst us I doubt it was heard much in the home ends. Really disappointed with the atmosphere from us tonight. Me and my boy went horse trying to get it going but the atmosphere was just flat from our end today. So poor. No excuses. Can't even think what the reason was?

• Bloody cold tbf
  • Tavern said:

As poor an effort from our fans as I have witnessed in the last 20 plus years of watching Millwall v our rivals. West Ham, palace, Charlton and Leeds. I have been to 90% plus of all our games v these teams over the last 20-30 years but tonight was just shit. Almost embarrassing.

TBH fella, worst Millwall vocal I have seen in my 30 odd years of following Charlton.

Agreed
  • edited January 2017

As poor an effort from our fans as I have witnessed in the last 20 plus years of watching Millwall v our rivals. West Ham, palace, Charlton and Leeds. I have been to 90% plus of all our games v these teams over the last 20-30 years but tonight was just shit. Almost embarrassing.

Certainly the quietest I've ever heard from your lot. Nothing coming from your end at all and it doesn't take much from the Jimmy Seed Stand to sound really loud.
    We had the occasional outburst of no one likes us etc but, although fairly loud at times amongst us I doubt it was heard much in the home ends. Really disappointed with the atmosphere from us tonight. Me and my boy went horse trying to get it going but the atmosphere was just flat from our end today. So poor. No excuses. Can't even think what the reason was?

Millwall don't normally need a reason to make a noise. What have you been like in other away games this season?
  • Thought Crofts was excellent today. Had a lot of cleaning up to do behind Konsa and Aribo and done it brilliantly.

Not a fan of Crofts but he was our best player today.
  • Sponsored links:

• "I heard their fans singing that we’re never going to beat them – we won’t without help – and they had a lot of help today.

“I can’t say who from, because I will get fined, but by my comment you will know who I mean. Disgusting in some ways. Horrendous – one of the worst I’ve seen for a long time.

No idea who Robinson is talking about. ;-)

• Fucking robbed unbelievable
  • Just seen it on C5
  • Robbed. Perfectly good goal.
  • That's worse than I thought. Ref and lino must both have completely switched off. Stroud will be 'rested' next week.
  • Redrobo said:

Because you knew we had scored a perfectly good goal? Because the ref was blatantly giving you decisions it was embarrassing? Because at least one of your players should have been sent off? Because when you look around and look at your fellow supporters you understand you really are scum? Because you were overwhelmed by being in a decent stadium knowing you don't even own the land yours is built on? Because you can only sing three syllables amd then forget the rest of the word you started! Because you smashed up the toilets and then realised you needed to go? Because you can't afford coats and our donations haven't arrived yet?

I understand why you can't put your finger on just one reason.
    Do you know why I carry on posting on this site despite being Millwall? Because it's full of really decent posters. Unfortunately you aren't one of them. If you was half the man in real life that you on the internet then I might entertain you. But you're clearly not. So go and talk to someone else you absolute whelk.
    Ouch! Must not tug tails!