Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

191011121315»

Comments

• Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Leuth said:

I thought DaSilva looked like he could do some damage if he learnt to stop dribbling straight into the right-back

He is reported to have pace. I was looking for him to just push the ball past the back and run him. If he has that pace, the defender has a problem and creates gaps.
    Not quite as simple as that though, is it, or anyone with pace would be a winger.
    He looked a long way from ready for first team football to me and certainly shouldn't have been making his debut in a south London derby.
    He is a left back/left midfielder. Both positions require to play like a winger nowadays. I watched Spurs over the weekend and Rose ended up on the right wing at one point. The old "back" has gone in the prem, and I am sure that he would have been trained at Chelsea to play this way. Notwithstanding this, I was looking to see this pace and was disappointed.
    Spurs play with 3 at the back, Rose and Walker play as wing backs. Bit different system. But yes the point still stands. I still maintain Dasilva is a winger. He may have filled in at LB in youth football but he will only ever be at winger..
  • The top two are 19/20 points ahead of us, that's a chasm. Automatic has realistically gone.

But as I've been saying all season, the playoffs are still a realistic ambition, the teams above us are just as flawed as we are! Get a good run going at the end of the season, enter the playoffs in a bit of form and who knows

I agree we've already said goodbye to an automatic spot, but going back to our promotion year under SCP, it needs 69 to 74 pts for a play off place: so we need something like 33 to 38 points out of a possible 60 which is entirely possible, even under this regime. We just need to turn some of those draws into wins...

15/16 6th: 74pts (7th & 8th:74, 69)
    14/15 6th: 69pts (65,63)
    13/14 6th: 74pts (67,66)
    12/13 6th: 74pts (71,70)
    11/12 6th: 73pts (73,69)
  • I talked to a Miiiiiiiilllllllwaaaaaaaallllllllll acquaintance and he was quite adamant the second 'goal' should have stood.

Look on the bright side, they haven't beaten us since 2016. Charlton, you'll never beat Charlton, you'll never beat Charlton, ...
  • Jodaius said:

So looks like Keith Stroud's reward for a woeful performance is another London derby this weekend (QPR v Fulham).

Just goes to show there is absolutely zero accountability for referees who ruin the game.

Fuming.

agreed .. it's a bit like high court judges who are allowed to make horrendous fuck ups because of the idea of an 'independent judiciary' free from outside interference .. reinforces the idea for me that there should be an 'appeal' (as the Court of Appeal) system a lá cricket and tennis .. a limited number of challenges if a team is sure that a referee has made a tremendous Horlicks of ANY decision ..
    although what can be done with a muppet ref like Stroud who gets in the way of play twice in one game ? .. a very rare occurrence and of course it would be a fate that befell CAFC !!
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15784/millwall-striker-morison-hits-back-charlton-defenders-red-card-reveals-strategy-employed-centre-backs/

Steve Morrison going all out to endear himself to Charlton fans and play down his image as a dirty *******
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15784/millwall-striker-morison-hits-back-charlton-defenders-red-card-reveals-strategy-employed-centre-backs/

Steve Morrison going all out to endear himself to Charlton fans and play down his image as a dirty *******

Taught all he knows by one, Alan Shearer ?

Had to laugh at the comments about youngsters abusing him at The Valley.

Must play with cotton wool stuffed in his ears at The Den.
  • “We were very average in the game but still managed to create quite a few chances. We looked pretty solid at the back apart from the one moment with Jordan [Archer]. He didn’t have much to do" ..
    this, a direct quote is the most worrying comment he made. They were 'average' and still had the best scoring chances .. I hope all our playing and managerial staff read this and that it stirs them into action tomorrow and for the rest of the season, we need more positivity, aggression and, of course, goals
  • Sponsored links:

• He may be a cnut but he's right. He bullied Tex all game.

Yes he did. I can't believe that some posters actually had Tex as man of the match.
    Weird

Yes he did. I can't believe that some posters actually had Tex as man of the match.
    Weird
    That was because of the ball-throwing incident.
  • JamesSeed said:

He may be a cnut but he's right. He bullied Tex all game.

Weird
    So you petulantly throw a ball at someone and get a red card and it makes you man of the match?
  • JamesSeed said:

Weird
    So you petulantly throw a ball at someone and get a red card and it makes you man of the match?
    Not necessarily.
  • edited January 2017

JamesSeed said:

Weird
    If the fella is a cnut and someone that everyone wants to throw a ball at his head (or worse) then yeah it helps.

I actually think Tex dealt with it well all game given the ref only ever saw fouls in one direction.

I've got no problems with Morison doing what he did, Yann used to wind opposition players up as well, and from a supporters point of view, we all love a player who winds up the opposition, and gets one of their players sent off.

Magennis doesn't needle the opposition like Morison does, but he too is very good at winning free kicks from 50/50 battles
  • He seems to be denying he pushed Tex in the back before the ball throwing incident. Perhaps the camera does lie because Stroud didn't take retrospective action against SM. Can't believe he didn't watch replays of his wonderful performance.