Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• Terrible Decision, quite a decent finish from a center half as well.
  • Just watch the referee.

The Millwall keeper runs with the ball, drops the ball and completely misses his kick without any challenge.

The referee is just a few yards away with a clear view facing the play and - watch the ref's hands - at no time does he have any intention of stopping play as Bauer hooks the loose ball into an empty net.

It is apparent the referee saw no offence and allowed play to continue.

Why did he not over ride the linesman's erroneous flag?

• Another thing I picked up from the full highlights was the classless way their keeper goads Tony Watt after the disallowed goal. The keeper has just made the biggest cock up of his life and got away with it. He knows it wasn't a foul if I was him I'd have shut up and got on with the game. No he has to grin amend have words with Watt after he has appealed to the ref. What amend scummy mug.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just watch the referee.

The Millwall keeper runs with the ball, drops the ball and completely misses his kick without any challenge.

The referee is just a few yards away with a clear view facing the play and - watch the ref's hands - at no time does he have any intention of stopping play as Bauer hooks the loose ball into an empty net.

Ludicrous decision....
  • Oggy Red said:

Just watch the referee.

Ludicrous decision....
    Saved a spanner keeper his career though!
  • If you watch the clip the ref waves play on, although I'm not sure why, as the spanner keeper gathers the ball.

He then blows up when Bauer nets the ball.

In his mind I think he was playing an advantage and then pulled it back for the earlier foul.

That will be his excuse anyway IMHO
  • Uboat said:

masicat said:

I was embarrassed to be a Charlton fan yesterday...

To sing about TW as soon as Josh went down, was utterly disrespectful. I mean, he's had such a sh*t season for us, hasn't he?

I make no bones about this, our chances of winning that game pretty much went out of the window when he went down.

I am nearly 60, with bad knees, and I think I could beat TW in a race to catch a bus. But probably not to the bar.

I don't think TW could out run his nose...

He is a "professional athlete". I can't argue with "professional", because he is paid, but calling him "athlete" is abusing the term.

And, then I see on the player score thread that some have marked him with a higher score than Crofts...

Our chances of winning that game went out the window when the referee decided he wasn't going to let us score a goal.

Watt certainly divides opinion, whilst I'm not totally convinced by him, he's the sort of player than can change a game within the blink of an eye. The sort of player than get me fans out of their seat. If he delivers or not remains to be seen - there is something about him,but he needs to get his head right.
    He hasn't delivered. His reputation is based on scoring a goal against Barcelona for Celtic. The man is thick. One of life's privileged few with everything but a brain. Couldn't lace big Josh's boots.
    I thought you disapproved of scapegoating, or did you miss his first spell at the club?
    Scapegoating? You kidding ? That's what you do when you constantly boo and jeer a player like Fox when the team loses, blaming him for the loss. Watt just doesn't have the brain to be a football player. If you look up the word scapegoat you will see that is not what I'm accusing him of, I'm accusing him of being a lazy big headed twat. That's not a scapegoat.
  • Uboat said:

masicat said:

I was embarrassed to be a Charlton fan yesterday...

To sing about TW as soon as Josh went down, was utterly disrespectful. I mean, he's had such a sh*t season for us, hasn't he?

I make no bones about this, our chances of winning that game pretty much went out of the window when he went down.

I am nearly 60, with bad knees, and I think I could beat TW in a race to catch a bus. But probably not to the bar.

I don't think TW could out run his nose...

He is a "professional athlete". I can't argue with "professional", because he is paid, but calling him "athlete" is abusing the term.

And, then I see on the player score thread that some have marked him with a higher score than Crofts...

Our chances of winning that game went out the window when the referee decided he wasn't going to let us score a goal.

Watt certainly divides opinion, whilst I'm not totally convinced by him, he's the sort of player than can change a game within the blink of an eye. The sort of player than get me fans out of their seat. If he delivers or not remains to be seen - there is something about him,but he needs to get his head right.
    He hasn't delivered. His reputation is based on scoring a goal against Barcelona for Celtic. The man is thick. One of life's privileged few with everything but a brain. Couldn't lace big Josh's boots.
    I thought you disapproved of scapegoating, or did you miss his first spell at the club?
    Scapegoating? You kidding ? That's what you do when you constantly boo and jeer a player like Fox when the team loses, blaming him for the loss. Watt just doesn't have the brain to be a football player. If you look up the word scapegoat you will see that is not what I'm accusing him of, I'm accusing him of being a lazy big headed twat. That's not a scapegoat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get angrier every time i watch that

Likewise.
    Shit happens
  • colthe3rd said:

Just to defend Watt slightly. He was never going to do well playing as a loan striker in a team that was set up to feed a target man, that's just not his game. Admittedly he wasn't good and looked well short of fitness (possibly when he was sent back?). I just don't know where he will fit in this side, perhaps as a number 10 supporting Magennis?

Yep Watt was asked to play a role that really doesn't suit him. He still made some good runs but didn't occupy their centre backs enough.

I would much prefer him coming on alongside Magennis for the last 20 just to terrorise their CBs. Or at least in the no 10 role which adults him slightly better.
  • Did

Kin hell, CAFC official what is the point of posting yet more footage of a no goal??? Move on - they ain't gonna change the result. This strikes of desperation to get the fans on side. The bottom line line is the result was 0-0 and still is a day later 0-0. Tomorrow we will have manager moaning again.... I'd be more concerned at players getting sent off after being royally wound up and unfit players thrown into the game too soon # too easy.

The real Sid James weren't that funny but you are -Not.Get real that was a goal that should have stood and we would have gone onto win - what's desperate about that?

T
  • edited January 2017
    Macronate said:

Love to know what Stroud 'saw'.

He did't see anything. He made the decision based on the linesman flagging. You can see him point towards the linesman after he blows.

Quite how he thought the linesman who was further away and the wrong side of the incident, was better placed to give a decision is anyone's guess.

• Eh were are we getting 22 years ago?

1996 - 2016 = 20 years

If were still in the same Division next season we'll play the first game prior to December if we win that then we've won a game in 2017 keeping it at 20-years, if we dont THEN it goes to 21-years!!

Someone tell him what the current year is!
    How about you keep reading and you see I mention 2017!!
  • Feel with JM on we would have won that, another poor game against them, best bit , my brandy.
  • If you watch the clip the ref waves play on, although I'm not sure why, as the spanner keeper gathers the ball.

In his mind I think he was playing an advantage and then pulled it back for the earlier foul.

Yes, looking again, I think a Charlton player grabs one of the defenders as the corner comes in, and ref played the advantage instead of awarding a free kick. When the advantage didn't come off, he pulled play back. Seems feasible.
  • Did

Kin hell, CAFC official what is the point of posting yet more footage of a no goal??? Move on - they ain't gonna change the result. This strikes of desperation to get the fans on side. The bottom line line is the result was 0-0 and still is a day later 0-0. Tomorrow we will have manager moaning again.... I'd be more concerned at players getting sent off after being royally wound up and unfit players thrown into the game too soon # too easy.

The real Sid James weren't that funny but you are -Not.Get real that was a goal that should have stood and we would have gone onto win - what's desperate about that?

T
    You by the looks of it - although it's quite difficult to understand exactly what your point is, other than being desperate to make a point over something that ain't gonna change.

If so, it begs the question as to why the ref made no attempt to stop play at around the point when the keeper had dropped the ball?
    He had plenty of time to do so.

• Sponsored links:

• Let's hope that Magennis is fit for next Saturday .. he, alongside Watt could be a very effective partnership, provided that Watt decides to stay and actually play .. these two + Holmes could be the biz ..
    We have no-one in midfield a t m who looks even remotely capable of scoring, that will not be tooooo important if the strikers can start consistent striki ng .. however we must try to get a midfielder who can actually add forward impetus to a very static area of our play.

Central defence is a problem even before Tex's suspension, too flaky and vulnerable .. strange from two highly rated defenders, perhaps they do not work that well together .. Bauer was holding his back/side long before the finish, Pearce is still out ..
    I mentioned JOHNSON in another post and was called a w u m .. w t f (I do like an acronym) .. he's a decent defender, is still on our books and it's about time the muppets on here got over themselves about his swearing at a few of their number at Bury .. anyway .. it might be that Johnson and Konsa will constitute the central defence against the Iron next Saturday ..

we got a well deserved point away, we are well capable of beating them provided that Robinson throws away the Slade book of tactics and picks an attacking team .. Magennis up front alone with no threat whatsoever from the midfield might gain a lot of single points .. this club, in this division with a strong squad should be winning a lot more games that we do
  • Let's hope that Magennis is fit for next Saturday .. he, alongside Watt could be a very effective partnership, provided that Watt decides to stay and actually play .. these two + Holmes could be the biz ..
    We have no-one in midfield a t m who looks even remotely capable of scoring, that will not be tooooo important if the strikers can start consistent striki ng .. however we must try to get a midfielder who can actually add forward impetus to a very static area of our play.

Central defence is a problem even before Tex's suspension, too flaky and vulnerable .. strange from two highly rated defenders, perhaps they do not work that well together .. Bauer was holding his back/side long before the finish, Pearce is still out ..
    I mentioned JOHNSON in another post and was called a w u m .. w t f (I do like an acronym) .. he's a decent defender, is still on our books and it's about time the muppets on here got over themselves about his swearing at a few of their number at Bury .. anyway .. it might be that Johnson and Konsa will constitute the central defence against the Iron next Saturday ..

we got a well deserved point away, we are well capable of beating them provided that Robinson throws away the Slade book of tactics and picks an attacking team .. Magennis up front alone with no threat whatsoever from the midfield might gain a lot of single points .. this club, in this division with a strong squad should be winning a lot more games that we do

Slade's team beat Scunthorpe at The Valley in the FA Cup. Seems harsh to call out his tactics on that basis.

Slade's team beat Scunthorpe at The Valley in the FA Cup. Seems harsh to call out his tactics on that basis.

true .. BUT generally Slade was a defensive minded manager with us, and you know this .. I'll say again, to play a local derby at home and play ONE man up front with a midfield containing NO proven scorers at any level is negative and reminds me of Slade's tactics when he was our manager .. and on the bench ? .. no Ajose, Hanlan, Umerah or Ahearne-Grant .. If that was not side designed to take ONE point at home, I don't know what is

true .. BUT generally Slade was a defensive minded manager with us, and you know this .. I'll say again, to play a local derby at home and play ONE man up front with a midfield containing NO proven scorers at any level is negative and reminds me of Slade's tactics when he was our manager .. and on the bench ? .. no Ajose, Hanlan, Umerah or Ahearne-Grant .. If that was not side designed to take ONE point at home, I don't know what is
    The only similarity is that there was one up top. The system that KR plays is far more forward thinking than anything Slade played. The Wingers are basically inside forwards. Two in midfield have a licence to get forward.

Under Slade it was 451 with the 1 as the only player allowed out our half...
    if you think so .. what about pre injury Holmes ? .. he was an all out attacker alongside the one 'true' striker .. enlighten me .. who were the goal scoring inside forwards on show yesterday ? .. with one striker to mark a team can concede possession all day and not be in much danger of losing against a side like ours which is shot shy and (I repeat) with a midfield incapable of scoring ..
    Back to my earlier post, I am hopeful that a fit Magennis alongside Holmes and (say) Watt can be a bit more exciting to watch as well as more successful when it comes to scoring .. provided of course that they are selected and are not victims of fancy dan tactics which might prove a tad too sophisticated for the third strata
  • I may have missed it, but was there a reason Ajose wasn't on the bench dropped or injured?
  • I may have missed it, but was there a reason Ajose wasn't on the bench dropped or injured?

Rumour that he is off to Swindon?

He's moving on. Coventry is rumoured