Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• LouisMend said:
    “They were two real freak injuries as well. Josh Magennis jumped and rolled his ankle. Page was unlucky – the turf gave way as he planted his foot – he had a shoot in his calf.

Eh? A shot? a boot? A root?
  • JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:
    “They were two real freak injuries as well. Josh Magennis jumped and rolled his ankle. Page was unlucky – the turf gave way as he planted his foot – he had a shoot in his calf.

Shooting pain?
  • iamdan said:

I was in the North Ups, pretty sure there was a 3/4 min period we sang about Josh Mag, and even when he reappeared with his protective boot on - he got a song.

As for TW, he's a crowd favourite, just encouraging him - next time we should stay silent.

Josh goes down, and is clearly in agony. While he's on the floor the North immediately chime up with a massive chance of Tony Watt-Watt-Watt, sorry but to me that was awkward, it's the sort of thing crowds sing when someone unpopular is on the pitch, that the crowd want replaced, not the best player for us this season.

Once Watt comes on, then yes of course the big welcome is great.
  • masicat said:

I was embarrassed to be a Charlton fan yesterday...

To sing about TW as soon as Josh went down, was utterly disrespectful. I mean, he's had such a sh*t season for us, hasn't he?

I make no bones about this, our chances of winning that game pretty much went out of the window when he went down.

I am nearly 60, with bad knees, and I think I could beat TW in a race to catch a bus. But probably not to the bar.

I don't think TW could out run his nose...

He is a "professional athlete". I can't argue with "professional", because he is paid, but calling him "athlete" is abusing the term.

And, then I see on the player score thread that some have marked him with a higher score than Crofts...

Our chances of winning that game went out the window when the referee decided he wasn't going to let us score a goal.

Watt certainly divides opinion, whilst I'm not totally convinced by him, he's the sort of player than can change a game within the blink of an eye. The sort of player than get me fans out of their seat. If he delivers or not remains to be seen - there is something about him,but he needs to get his head right.
    He hasn't delivered. His reputation is based on scoring a goal against Barcelona for Celtic. The man is thick. One of life's privileged few with everything but a brain. Couldn't lace big Josh's boots.
    I never said he had delivered.

What I meant was, he is capable of a moment of magic. As soon as he came on, he produced a bit of skill that took there defender out of the game. His performances against Huddersfield and Forest when he first arrived were superb.

He shows it in very small doses. He probably never will be the sort of player that he should be. He needs to find a permanent home and get his head down. Should that be with us? - probably not.

• JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:

Scouse rhyming slang? I'd say for 'bath' but not sure they've got them up there
  • edited January 2017
    iamdan said:

I was in the North Ups, pretty sure there was a 3/4 min period we sang about Josh Mag, and even when he reappeared with his protective boot on - he got a song.

As for TW, he's a crowd favourite, just encouraging him - next time we should stay silent.

Which, of course, implies Josh isn't...

He has done more for Charlton this season than TW has in his 3 at the club...
  • masicat said:

I was embarrassed to be a Charlton fan yesterday...

To sing about TW as soon as Josh went down, was utterly disrespectful. I mean, he's had such a sh*t season for us, hasn't he?

I make no bones about this, our chances of winning that game pretty much went out of the window when he went down.

I am nearly 60, with bad knees, and I think I could beat TW in a race to catch a bus. But probably not to the bar.

I don't think TW could out run his nose...

He is a "professional athlete". I can't argue with "professional", because he is paid, but calling him "athlete" is abusing the term.

And, then I see on the player score thread that some have marked him with a higher score than Crofts...

Our chances of winning that game went out the window when the referee decided he wasn't going to let us score a goal.

Watt certainly divides opinion, whilst I'm not totally convinced by him, he's the sort of player than can change a game within the blink of an eye. The sort of player than get me fans out of their seat. If he delivers or not remains to be seen - there is something about him,but he needs to get his head right.
    He hasn't delivered. His reputation is based on scoring a goal against Barcelona for Celtic. The man is thick. One of life's privileged few with everything but a brain. Couldn't lace big Josh's boots.
    I thought you disapproved of scapegoating, or did you miss his first spell at the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Eh were are we getting 22 years ago?

1996 - 2016 = 20 years

If were still in the same Division next season we'll play the first game prior to December if we win that then we've won a game in 2017 keeping it at 20-years, if we dont THEN it goes to 21-years!!

Someone tell him what the current year is!
  • Watt must produce and quickly, he must be aware of that. I'm sure his failure at Hearts will have come as a shock to him. If we can get him fit and if he continues to show the effort he displayed yesterday, we'd have a great player on our hands. This is a frustrating team ATM. So much talent and potential, but it's just not gelling. Konsa and Aribo are a season short of being our best midfield paring since Parker/Jensen, they are that good, or rather they will be. The time they have on the ball, their touch, is sublime at times. They lack consistency and experience, hardly surprising!
    Get some luck with injuries and a few consecutive wins and we could storm into the playoffs. But it could just as easily go the other way, and probably will.
  • Better atmosphere with more fans.

We weren't terrible against Millwall, for once

Rudd good
    Defence solid enough. Solly stepped up. Page looked OK. Chicken did well. Centre backs dominated their forwards despite a few swing and miss gaffes and us getting away with a few free headers for them.

Aribo and Konsa Ok. Crofts' experience showed- and we needed it.
    Not too sure about Da Silva. Byrne faded.

Gutted about big Josh. Hope he is OK. Watt was never gonna be able to give it enough, given his fitness levels.

Ref shocking from start (retaken kick off) to finish (tex Red)

----

Am a bit sceptical about Bauer's injury at the final whistle. Transfer target?

Seeing one CB getting sent off and the other r d carded plus main striker stretchered off does. Or bode well for what comes next.

There are some good ingredients available, but the cake is far from baked.

Can we pull it all together by the end of the season?
  • Very unfair summary. Robinson put out a side to win. Two injuries is plain bad luck.

I'd be a bit concerned if he put a team out to lose.
    There's is a third option, (c) Slade.
  • purdis said:

Redrobo said:

If Tex and BFG can't play next week, then Johnson and Konsa it is. Not the best team to be playing with a new defence, but that's football.

Lennon could start at LB as well if Page sidelined. Robbo has not had the best of luck so far.

We may be stuck with a choice between Lennon & Johnson - oh, dear!
    Lennon any day.
    Lennon is injured.
    and Johnson is fit. Lennon any day.
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:

Having not been there yesterday no ones exaggerating about da silva being small... image

It's like the way they shot Gandalf and Frodo on the cart at the start of The Fellowship of the Ring, with Frodo a long way back so he looked small. Only there's no special effects here, he really is hobbit sized.
  • Thought we did OK and no doubt the players were up for it.

Thought spanners had the better chances although it seems we had a good goal disallowed.

Scum looked like a settled team who knew where to find a colleague but not brilliant. Tex and Bauer had a tough afternoon and their strikers got in behind a few times. Rudd is a good sweeper keeper.

No surprise that we looked disjointed with three debuts, Josh injured and Watt playing a role he's not suited for. Aribo and Konsa had a game to learn from.

Tex was stupid but he's apologised. Take note Roger Johnson.

Ref was all over the place. I thought the foul on Rudd was worth a red. He kicked out when the ball was in the keepers hand.

Another game without beating them but we didn't lose.

We still look a long way off a top six side but Watt, Holmes and Rudd back is positive. Losing Magennis is a blow. I like Novak and Umerah but not sure either brings the same to the side.

Like Desilva, not as impressed with Byrne but way too early to judge.

I presume Texiera sorry, and RJ won't apologise for something that he is not sorry about.
  • No Charlton player within a yard of their keeper. That's hard to take.
  • No Charlton player within a yard of their keeper. That's hard to take.
    If anybody had touched the keeper, he would have gone down like a sack of shite.
  • Get angrier every time i watch that

Likewise.
  • Love to know what Stroud 'saw'.
  • Kin hell, CAFC official what is the point of posting yet more footage of a no goal??? Move on - they ain't gonna change the result. This strikes of desperation to get the fans on side. The bottom line line is the result was 0-0 and still is a day later 0-0. Tomorrow we will have manager moaning again.... I'd be more concerned at players getting sent off after being royally wound up and unfit players thrown into the game too soon # too easy.