Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• edited January 2017

I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.

Very true. The only team that looked like they might score was millwall. A 0-0 was the best we were going to get with that level of creativity. We had no idea what to do in the final third and our final ball was poor on many occassions.
  • markmc68 said:

What was the official attendance and the unofficial attendance ?

Official 15315 my estimate 12000
  • Macronate said:

Ref was awful. He really is s grade A c***. Why was the goal disallowed?

Game was poor. Injuries didn't help, losing Mag a big blow.

It's funny how fans latch on to the decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you. In a motor with 4 of us listening to BBC London and Karl Robinson and really surprised he dug out the ref. Thought he gave you almost ever decision for the first 75 minutes.
    A white van with indicators that don't work by any chance?
  • I actually thought that Millwall came to the Valley for a point and parked the bus... (i.e. Every corner / set piece they had eleven men back)

They then came with the additional game plan of hitting us on the counter attack if possible
  • I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.

Very true. The only team that looked like they might score was millwall. A 0-0 was the best we were going to get with that level of creativity. We had no idea what to do in the final third and our final ball was poor on many occassions.
    You mean other than the time where we actually did score?
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

Did you forget how to spell Millwall at the end there mate ;)?
    Carcrash.
  • cafc4life said:

Teixeira was a disgrace today. Not
    For the incident at the end, but his performance in the 90 minutes. Didn't win a header, misplaced pass after pass. Cunt needs a gym membership pretty quick, out muscled by anyone and everyone near him.

How Stroud is allowed to referee is beyond me. Absolute disgrace of a man.

Shit that Josh went off injured but based on today we still need another 4 players.

I fucking hate Millwall, Morison, all of em. Hope they do get fucked over by the council , scum

What game did you watch! Tex won every ball that mattered and had morrison in his pocket! Although I can't condone his actions at the final whistle
    Got very lucky when he cocked up and Morrison was through on goal. Millwall had five free headers in our area, should've scored at least two of them.
  • As for the Tex sending off, I'm glad he did it. Morrison deserved it the scummy mug.

The tackle on rudd when the ball was in his hands! How was that a yellow? If it's a foul it's off. And the rugby tackle on Dasilva! Not even a yellow! What?

The challenge on Rudd came from Gregory not Morrison.

Regardless though surely it's a Red Card... It wasn't an accident; the player made the challenge full well intending to injury a fellow professional so it's an easy red card!!
    Sorry they were separate points. Morrison is a scummy mug.

Gregory should have been sent off.
  • I actually thought that Millwall came to the Valley for a point and parked the bus... (i.e. Every corner / set piece they had eleven men back)

They then came with the additional game plan of hitting us on the counter attack if possible

Time wasting with 15 left.
  • sam3110 said:

I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.

Erm because we scored a perfectly legitimate goal and they didn't? I know you're anti Charlton at the moment Large but have a day off pal
    If it was legitimate it would have ended 1-0, its only legitimate if the ref allows it.
  • sam3110 said:

Erm because we scored a perfectly legitimate goal and they didn't? I know you're anti Charlton at the moment Large but have a day off pal
    If it was legitimate it would have ended 1-0, its only legitimate if the ref allows it.
    So the Referee is allowed to make up the rules as he goes along?
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.

Well we didn't actually mate as the game finished 0-0.
  • Well broke my boycott. Wish I had not bothered. On what I saw today Aribo & Konsa are no way stars of the future. They fitted in very well in a Team where nobody looked that bothered. Slightly above average Rudd an Bauer. The rest looked same old dross that was taking us nowhere under Slade.

Robinson was unlucky withe injuries, but missed a trick today. A performance and a win, or maybe just a win, and I could have been tempted to come next week. But, off the back of that visit, same issues exist, and I will not be there next week.

Oh, De Silva looks about 10 years old ! Has never played competitive professional football. On that basis I would add him to the above average. But, not a game to be thrown in for professional debut.
  • Probably a fair result on balance. All credit to Rudd for the early save (low to his left).
    Hard to criticise KR when the early injuries messed up any game plan we had.
    The only thing I would say, is that our players seem to think they have much more time on the ball to make a decision than in reality.

Desilva is just going to get pushed over in this league.

Well we didn't actually mate as the game finished 0-0.
    Again, wrong.

We physically scored a legitimate goal, however it wasn't given due to Stroud's ineptitude.
  • My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

I'll see your drum and raise you....goal music (we'll never stoop that low ;)

Other than that pretty spot on!
    Oh dont bully the poor lad Eltham... Millwall are just jealous that we're talented (i.e. can play an Instrument and make up songs)...

All they've got is Miiiiiiiii; What genius thought that up?
  • Very good performance and Magennis injury meant we could only expect a draw as watt was too unfit . In the light of this we def need another striker as Ajose is obviously on his way (thank the lord). Happy with that and millwall are a good side.
  • FFS... Sky really are bad for their lazy reporting; Getting player positions wrong is fair enough if you cant be bothered to cover League One

Yet at least provide a stock photo either of the match or the HOME venue!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-millwall/358977