Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15320/millwall-boss-neil-harris-created-better-chances-charlton-athletic/

Addicks boss Karl Robinson came into his post-match press conference and played the video of a disallowed goal for Patrick Bauer

the footage proving that Jordan Archer did not get challenged before the German hooked the ball home.

Charlton are covered in just 2 and a half lines.
    And the other 90% of the article is all about Millwall.

The South Lions Press lives on.

• Some of the deliberate pessimism on here nowadays is embarrassing. Imagine arguing against a perfectly valid goal for your own team. Don't know why you bother going.

No one's disagreeing that the goal should have stood. There seems no reason why it wasnt and we all obviously wish it did.

I'm just looking at the facts. That decision wasn't given, the game finished 0-0. They had 12 shots and we had 4....hence I don't think we deserved more than a point on the balance of good chances created (but if you think that gift Jordan Archer gave us means we put in a creative goalscoring performance today then fair play to you).
  • Would just like to say there are some Footballers who shouldn't have hair!! (Paul Konchesky is one of those for example)

Another one is Steve Morrison... He looks a proper prat and looks like he's pinched the wig from a mannequin in the Grandad section @ Marks and Spencer!!... Your 33, you shouldnt be bloody Grey!!

I'm literally 33 and grey
    I dont get it... I'm 33 and still have my luscious locks
  • Would just like to say there are some Footballers who shouldn't have hair!! (Paul Konchesky is one of those for example)

Another one is Steve Morrison... He looks a proper prat and looks like he's pinched the wig from a mannequin in the Grandad section @ Marks and Spencer!!... Your 33, you shouldnt be bloody Grey!!

Don't worry about the hair, the bloke is just a complete cxxx. See you next season you gormless txxx.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Byrne had a good first half but average second.

Tex was diabolical today, he did make a goaline clearance but otherwise embarrassing, miss kicked several times and bottled a number of headers. Not really sure he would ever be up for a fight.

Baur not great but did an average job.

Solly and Rudd were great today.

The rest fairly average.

Everything about Millwall is scummy, fans, players and ground. I really hope they get kicked out the den.

That ref is surely nicking a living he was an absolute disgrace.
  • Byrne was probably not match fit, he started off very well then faded, but still did well.
    DaSilva showed glimpse of talent, but a hard game to make your debut in, Tony Watt
    looked good, faded out when going deep then had good spells, bit more match fitness
    and who knows.

The ref, what a useless prick.
  • Not sure how we got away with that. They missed so many chances it was ridiculous.
    Far too an inexperienced side for a derby game and fielding a team of shortarses didn't help either.
    Never seen Tex and Bauer look so poor. Far too many straight balls allowed over the top of them for their carthorses to run on to.
    Thought that Aribo and Konsa looked lost and showed their lack of experience.
    Not been a huge fan previously but thought that Crofts was our best player, by a mile. We needed his knowhow and would have been overrun without him.
    Not a win but at least we didn't lose. No. Chance of promotion with the squad that we have. Time to get your chequebook out Roland - if you are serious about wanting promotion. Somehow, I doubt if that is the case.
  • [Formerly jdmotion]

I've waited 50 years for my second Charlton v. Millwall match, and it was another 0-0.

Considering we had a revamped team, and there were further disruption because of the injuries, I think we battled very well. Millwall played a settled team, and got away with murder on the pitch, and off the ball. Had Josh not been injured it might have been a different story.

I can't believe we've developed such an inferiority complex against Millwall. If we're in the same division as them next year, I can see their spell over us being broken. They huff and puff, but haven't much class. If we can match them for desire I think we can turn them over next season, referee not withstanding.
    Unless Roland's sold our best players of course.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/12309/10727616/watch-league-one-goals-now

Highlights are a little way down... Sky didnt even bother to cover our actual disallowed goal yet instead concentrated on the first (which fair enough was a push)
  • You lot can all knock Morison but how many of you would want him in your team!?

And I thought the goal was not given due to offside NOT a foul against Archer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Byrne had a good first half but average second.

Tex was diabolical today, he did make a goaline clearance but otherwise embarrassing, miss kicked several times and bottled a number of headers. Not really sure he would ever be up for a fight.

The rest fairly average.

Everything about Millwall is scummy, fans, players and ground. I really hope they get kicked out the den.

Oh shut up you absolute whelk.

Byrne had a good first half but average second.

The rest fairly average.

Be careful what you wish on other people Pete. The last time you wished misfortune on us (to get relegated) you soon followed us.

Wish us to be f***ed over by the council I guarantee you'll be the next club to follow. Karma is a proven fact.

Didnt Greenwich do that to us back in the 80s prior to the Valley Party being setup?
  • And us not beating them
  • edited January 2017
    JMP said:

You lot can all knock Morison but how many of you would want him in your team!?

The Lino did put his flag up, but that was well after the ball was in the net. Not sure who could have been offside.
  • It still baffles me how we can all watch the same match and see it completely differently, although I think we all agree the ref was watching an entirely different game to us!!

Good to have Rudd back, thought Page looked decent till he went off.

Watt was blowing before before half time but he still went going, there were definitely 2 or 3 times when he passed (wrongly) where before he would have taken his man on, so maybe he will be more of a team player this time around?.

Gutted to lose Josh and it was always going to be a struggle without him.

Byrne started well but faded, thought Dasilva showed some good pace and skill and will only get better.

Konsa and Aribo had a tough game today and will learn from it but I thought their "rawness" showed today

Personally thought Solly was MOM although the "lounges" voted Konsa.

8 points from 12 is still a decent return and a win Saturday will see us putting together a decent run.

I'm literally 33 and grey
    Hopefully you dont have Morrison's noncey smile as well?
  • JMP said:

Doesnt it have to be two players (or Goalkeeper and one player) between the opposing player and the goal for it to be onside?

I guess for the 'keeper to drop the ball, our guy who hit the ball must have had Archer and another Millwall player closer to the goal at least?
  • JMP said:

Doesnt it have to be two players (or Goalkeeper and one player) between the opposing player and the goal for it to be onside?

I guess for the 'keeper to drop the ball, our guy who hit the ball must have had Archer and another Millwall player closer to the goal at least?
    Not when the keeper had the ball, it doesn't matter.
  • My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

It's not 21 consecutive years though is it ? The clubs were in different divisions for the majority of that time. It's a lot of matches though !

My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

It's not 21 consecutive years though is it ? The clubs were in different divisions for the majority of that time. It's a lot of matches though !
    Who said it was 21 consecutive years? You last beat us 22 years ago. End of.
  • JMP said:

Not when the keeper had the ball, it doesn't matter.
    What about when he dropped it?