Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

It's not 21 consecutive years though is it ? The clubs were in different divisions for the majority of that time. It's a lot of matches though !

My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

It's not 21 consecutive years though is it ? The clubs were in different divisions for the majority of that time. It's a lot of matches though !
    Who said it was 21 consecutive years? You last beat us 22 years ago. End of.
    But in those 22 years - 13 of them we weren't in the same division...so doesn't really mean much does it...

'96, 21 years.
  • cafc-west said:

But in those 22 years - 13 of them we weren't in the same division...so doesn't really mean much does it...
    Eh were are we getting 22 years ago?

1996 - 2016 = 20 years

If were still in the same Division next season we'll play the first game prior to December if we win that then we've won a game in 2017 keeping it at 20-years, if we dont THEN it goes to 21-years!!
  • JMP said:

You lot can all knock Morison but how many of you would want him in your team!?

And I thought the goal was not given due to offside NOT a foul against Archer?

Doesnt it have to be two players (or Goalkeeper and one player) between the opposing player and the goal for it to be onside?

I guess for the 'keeper to drop the ball, our guy who hit the ball must have had Archer and another Millwall player closer to the goal at least?
    Not when the keeper had the ball, it doesn't matter.
    What about when he dropped it?
    Unless a Charlton player played it forward to another Charlton player.

By saying it's 21 years you are by default also saying it's a consecutive number of years.
    What if we'd only played each other once in that time ?
    End of.
  • cafc4life said:

Teixeira was a disgrace today. Not
    For the incident at the end, but his performance in the 90 minutes. Didn't win a header, misplaced pass after pass. Cunt needs a gym membership pretty quick, out muscled by anyone and everyone near him.

How Stroud is allowed to referee is beyond me. Absolute disgrace of a man.

Shit that Josh went off injured but based on today we still need another 4 players.

I fucking hate Millwall, Morison, all of em. Hope they do get fucked over by the council , scum

What game did you watch! Tex won every ball that mattered and had morrison in his pocket! Although I can't condone his actions at the final whistle
    Apart from the 2 he let bounce and as a consequence went over his head.

And lets not forget the fact that Morison bullied him all game and ultimately won as Texiera reacted like a petulant child at the end.
    Let's also not forget his goaline clearance...

We last beat you on 9 March 1996, when we completed a 0-2, 2-0 double. Not 22 years by my reckoning. 10 games in total I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Morison won the duel? I must have missed his goal
  • cafc-west said:

Eh were are we getting 22 years ago?

1996 - 2016 = 20 years

If were still in the same Division next season we'll play the first game prior to December if we win that then we've won a game in 2017 keeping it at 20-years, if we dont THEN it goes to 21-years!!
    Ok ok ok, I'm drunk and I've drank far too much lager. So now I'm just confused. 20 something years undefeated. Something like that. Miiiiiiiiii
  • Simonsen said:

rananegra said:

Macronate said:

Ref was awful. He really is s grade A c***. Why was the goal disallowed?

Game was poor. Injuries didn't help, losing Mag a big blow.

It's funny how fans latch on to the decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you. In a motor with 4 of us listening to BBC London and Karl Robinson and really surprised he dug out the ref. Thought he gave you almost ever decision for the first 75 minutes.
    He wasn't just giving decisions your way, like the disallowed goal, on a couple of occasions he actually tackled our players. Tex got booked for arms around one of yours. I think it was Dasilva who was wrestled to the ground by yours and he waved play on.

No, Tex was rightly booked for going through from behind in a tackle. Ref was very poor though. He made a bad game worse.
    His first booking was a disgrace - completely unnecessary challenge on the half way line with the Millwall player facing his own goal.

Rash challenges need to be stopped by all players and Watt's booking was also daft.

I'm a big fan of Tex and Bauer and believe we have one of the best defences in this league - all 4 capable of playing at the next level up.

Tex cleared one off the line second half that was a certain goal otherwise.

For me, our best player today was Crofts who is really using his experience well.
    He's decent in the air, looking to turn and pass forward much more than when he first joined us, strong and really held it together today.

We looked naive today, didn't move the ball quickly enough and didn't press as aggressively as we did against Bristol Rovers.

I counted no fewer than 4 clear scoring chances for the Spanners so, thank God for crap finishing from them.

I thought our disallowed goal should have stood. It was Bauer put it in, wasn't it?

Great to see Watt and Holmes back and let's hope they're soon back up to match fitness.

As much as I dislike Millwall, I thought Harris set them up well today.

Finally, may I wish the ref an outbreak of painful hemorrhoids as soon as physically possible - agree that they should have had two players sent off.
    I was a little surprised by the lack of reaction from our players after the challenge on Rudd.
  • Byrne had a good first half but average second.

Tex was diabolical today, he did make a goaline clearance but otherwise embarrassing, miss kicked several times and bottled a number of headers. Not really sure he would ever be up for a fight.

Baur not great but did an average job.

Solly and Rudd were great today.

The rest fairly average.

Everything about Millwall is scummy, fans, players and ground. I really hope they get kicked out the den.

That ref is surely nicking a living he was an absolute disgrace.

Oh shut up you absolute whelk.

Byrne had a good first half but average second.

Tex was diabolical today, he did make a goaline clearance but otherwise embarrassing, miss kicked several times and bottled a number of headers. Not really sure he would ever be up for a fight.

Baur not great but did an average job.

Solly and Rudd were great today.

The rest fairly average.

Everything about Millwall is scummy, fans, players and ground. I really hope they get kicked out the den.

That ref is surely nicking a living he was an absolute disgrace.

Be careful what you wish on other people Pete. The last time you wished misfortune on us (to get relegated) you soon followed us.

Wish us to be f***ed over by the council I guarantee you'll be the next club to follow. Karma is a proven fact.

Yup, agreed. Let's rise above it.
  • Crappy match.I was yawning near the end,I looked around and saw another bloke yawning away.Millwall fans were rubbish,Bristol fucking Rovers had more life in them.I wouldn't be gloating over them losing their ground though,if they go we could easily be next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful game,fair result
  • Can't help but think all we're going to hear about rest of the season is that disallowed goal... especially if we miss out on the playoffs by a few points!
  • Too many diddy men on the pitch. Lost count of the amount of long diagonal ball in the direction of Dasilva.

Ref had a mare. Tex was an accident waiting to happen all game long.

Really disapointed that we didn't get after their left back, he's an absolute carthorse, yet we failed to exploit that.

The only real positives were Solly's crunching tackle on Morison (almost kicked him back to his caravan) and we didn't lose.

best summary so far ..
    + bad selection from the start .. Magennis up front alone .. NO-ONE else in the side was/is a goal scorer, no-one and now he's injured ..
    we're back to Slade tactics ..
    no Ajose in the 18, is he going ? ..
    we should have lost this .. beaten in the air far too often, they wasted at least three good header chances .. still an improvement in attitude from the Toolbox hammering

Agree that Tex has gone backwards this season and Bauer is not in good form either .. he seems to have hurt his back ..
    Call for Johnson ..
    Da Silva was good when he came on but was then replaced .. why ? ...
    good to see Holmes back after injury ...
    Konsa was good in midfield, Watt tried hard alone up front but got no service .. Chicksen was ok ..
    in fact most of the team were 'OK' .. and that is the issue, OK aint gonna win any prizes ..
    get a grip on selection Robinson
  • I love Texieria throwing the ball at Morison.
  • They were there for the beating. First half we bossed it. Second half we didn't want to know and they got into the game.

Absolute powder puff our players falling over and writhing about as if they had been shot. Grow some bollocks and get up. There seemed to be no urgency or desire to win the game in the second half. Solly (who is a great Charlton man) strolling to get the ball for a throw in with 20 minutes left for example and just a general lack of intent to get forward.

Some of the basics...passing to a team mate, crossing and set pieces were dire and makes me wonder wtf they do all week in training. Texeira apparently on silly money and cant kick the ball with his left foot to the point he kicked air twice.

Second half was played like a pre season friendly rather than a local derby between 2 teams with supposed playoff ambitions. Millwall seemed to be playing for a point most the game but looked like they would win it for large parts of the second half and we looked like we were happy for a point for most of he second half.

Another joyless derby day with about as much blood and thunder from both sides as a game of tiddlywinks between the Womens Institute and a gang of Hari Krishnas. Not a classic and 2 points dropped as it was winnable.

Mid table obscurity beckons
  • edited January 2017
    What a disgrace , just seen the second disallowed goal again
  • Crofts did have a good game I thought

Tex was poor imo - too casual. I have reservations about Bauer, I don't want Tex to start looking dodge