Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• What was the official attendance and the unofficial attendance ?
  • My inebriated match report...

Sh*t game, two poor teams. No one deserved to win. Freezing f-**ing cold. Poor atmosphere from us. Ok From you lot but can never justify a drum. We've been on a great run but just ran out of steam today I think. The fans too.

Plus side, bumped in to some old mates who I haven't seen for years. Currently warming up in a mates motor getting a lift home with a couple of beers. Boy enjoyed it. Oh, and 21 years and counting. "You'll never beat Millwall..." :wink:

Seriously don't mind you lot. Proper south London club. Good traditional ground. You'll come good again off the pitch. Oh and the plastic stripey c***s lost again and look in serious trouble. Zero respect for those pricks. Can't stand them. Will stop now as the Stella's starting to talk. Enjoy your evening folks. Miiil

It's not 21 consecutive years though is it ? The clubs were in different divisions for the majority of that time. It's a lot of matches though !
  • edited January 2017
    Big turnout in the north upper and lower compared to every other game except FFAF. Very disjointed team by the end. Unlucky with injuries but also question marks over the two new signings who played a substantial part, although unfair to judge them on one game. Millwall's finishing shocking. Agree both teams will be in L1 next season.
  • edited January 2017
    rananegra said:

Macronate said:

Ref was awful. He really is s grade A c***. Why was the goal disallowed?

Game was poor. Injuries didn't help, losing Mag a big blow.

It's funny how fans latch on to the decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you. In a motor with 4 of us listening to BBC London and Karl Robinson and really surprised he dug out the ref. Thought he gave you almost ever decision for the first 75 minutes.
    He wasn't just giving decisions your way, like the disallowed goal, on a couple of occasions he actually tackled our players. Tex got booked for arms around one of yours. I think it was Dasilva who was wrestled to the ground by yours and he waved play on.

No, Tex was rightly booked for going through from behind in a tackle. Ref was very poor though. He made a bad game worse.
  • Leuth said:

It was Bauer who kept missing it, not Tex

Both Tex and Bauer were awful today. Time and again they missed simple balls over the top. More mobile forwards would have punished us.
  • Macronate said:

It's funny how fans latch on to the decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you. In a motor with 4 of us listening to BBC London and Karl Robinson and really surprised he dug out the ref. Thought he gave you almost ever decision for the first 75 minutes.
    Really? Two diasallowed goals, the second because your keeper dropped the ball unchallenged and a great tackle by the ref to stop us breaking. First decision was probably correct but the second one earned millwall a point and cost us 2. That's why Robinson was unhappy. Even the most biased millwall supporter has to admit that that was a bad decision. Apart from that, the ref was poor generally and gave both teams equally poor decisions. How many bookings for both teams should have been bookings?
  • Macronate said:

Really? Two diasallowed goals, the second because your keeper dropped the ball unchallenged and a great tackle by the ref to stop us breaking. First decision was probably correct but the second one earned millwall a point and cost us 2. That's why Robinson was unhappy. Even the most biased millwall supporter has to admit that that was a bad decision. Apart from that, the ref was poor generally and gave both teams equally poor decisions. How many bookings for both teams should have been bookings?
    First goal was definitely a push on their player... Saw it as clear as day from my end of the East Stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keith Stroud deserves to have his mother disowning him. He is not worth or deserving of having a mother. He is a total fecking cheating scumbag.
  • Unlucky with the injuries, lucky Millwall didn't score second half. So I think a draw was fair, although I will revise my opinion if the goal should've been allowed.

Definitely need another striker.
  • As for the Tex sending off, I'm glad he did it. Morrison deserved it the scummy mug.

The tackle on rudd when the ball was in his hands! How was that a yellow? If it's a foul it's off. And the rugby tackle on Dasilva! Not even a yellow! What?

The challenge on Rudd came from Gregory not Morrison.

Regardless though surely it's a Red Card... It wasn't an accident; the player made the challenge full well intending to injury a fellow professional so it's an easy red card!!
  • Keith Stroud deserves to have his mother disowning him. He is not worth or deserving of having a mother. He is a total fecking cheating scumbag.

Hahahaha poor old Mrs Stroud ffs
  • Macronate said:

First goal was definitely a push on their player... Saw it as clear as day from my end of the East Stand.
    Agreed, I was pointing out that we didn't get all the decisions for the first 75 minutes as claimed by the millwall fan. If we did, the goal would have been given
  • PS.

Not aware what happened with Tex at the end, can anybody enlighten me?
    I do know that getting Tex out of the building will save a lot on wages...just sayin'!
  • seth plum said:

PS.

I do know that getting Tex out of the building will save a lot on wages...just sayin'!

Morison clearly said something to him at the final whistle and he threw the ball at the back of his head. Morison then went whinging to Stroud who as we all know doesn't need an excuse to get his red card out.

Morison was again Texeira's face after the red card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has the team said what Mage injury is yet or how long he will miss?.
  • We deserved to win that, Millwall were awful. Resorted to hauling down any player who got away up the pitch and relied on the ref to do everything else.
  • What did Morrison do to Tex? Someone mentioned he took him out after match finished. Did SM get a card?
  • I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.
  • seth plum said:

PS.

Morison pushed him over so Tex threw the ball at him and Morison went crying to Stroud who gave him a second yellow. Probably justified as Tex shouldn't have reacted but not classy from Morison who then carried on baiting the fans in the WL
  • I can't see any reason at all for claiming we should have won that game. A point was the most we 'deserved'.

Why, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Millwall missed a few headers and had a good 10 min spell at the end but we had possession and looked the better team
  • Macronate said:

Agreed, I was pointing out that we didn't get all the decisions for the first 75 minutes as claimed by the millwall fan. If we did, the goal would have been given
    The issue was because Millwall were shooting towards their fans in the First Half... EVERY time their player touched the ground their fans screamed unjustice... When the ball was with a Charlton player their fans would scream for a FK.

Because of that referee pissed his pants when it came to our turn shooting that way and was too afraid to give anything our way.

The occasion when he didnt give the advantage late in the 2nd half was criminal as he didnt rush to give the decision and actually waited to see what happened before deciding to pull it back