Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Millwall post match views (2017, the Robinson era)

Comments

• Dasilva was too green and should never have made his debut today

I agree. But I don't think he did badly. Kept it simple. Worked hard and ran at his man. Didn't get overawed by the occasion and will be a good player I think.
  • Jodaius said:

Thought we were crap and lucky not to loose. Millwall missed two sitters from free headers. Texiera is a fucking idiot reacting like that. Did Archer make a save?

Archer made about five saves including a big one from Bauer at the death

How do you explain our disallowed goal? Archer was stupid enough to try and kick with bodies in front as a result the ball rebounded to our player and goal

Had our player kicked it out his hands then fair enough
    I thought exactly the same thing. Not allowed to prevent the keeper releasing the ball, but I don't think that's what happened. Will be interesting to see the replay.
    Yeah Im thinking it must have been kicked from his hand or something to have been disallowed
  • A point is a point but that was still dogshit. Da Silva is no where near ready.

Morrison is a cunt.
  • vff said:

Glad Charlton didn't lose. Not too much expected given the injury to Magennis early on. Typical of the luck Charlton get in this fixture, alongside dodgy referees and poor decisions.

I hope that Magennis injury isn't too serious. Watt plays too deep. If Magennis is out for any length of time then a lead the line centre forward needs to be brought if the season is to come to anything.

Why would we need any more strikers? We have KAG, Hanlan, Umerah etc waiting for their chance #playerfarm
  • Yeah, the defensive set-pieces were nerve-shredding. Losing Magennis is seriously like going down to 10 with our squad the way it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit unlucky to lose Magennis so early, Watt not match fit and even if he was not sure how effective he'd be as a lone striker. Effort was there though cannot fault that. They probably had 2 or 3 clear cut chances in second half. Mid table is our level and that's where we will stay.
  • Saw adverts in the bogs advertising jobs at Belmarsh. Would end up meeting the Millnil fans again, this time though they'd be my customers!
  • 7 points off a play off spot. But all those above are awaiting our charge. Gonna have a long wait.

Can't see us going on a winning run, just a mixed bag of results as has been the case all season.
  • Nug said:

7 points off a play off spot. But all those above are awaiting our charge. Gonna have a long wait.

Can't see us going on a winning run, just a mixed bag of results as has been the case all season.
    Next set of fixtures suggest similar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't there but seems a bit stupid of KR to only have one striker on the bench and him not match fit, he played other youngsters so why not have Umerah or A-G on the bench ?
  • cafc4life said:

Teixeira was a disgrace today. Not
    For the incident at the end, but his performance in the 90 minutes. Didn't win a header, misplaced pass after pass. Cunt needs a gym membership pretty quick, out muscled by anyone and everyone near him.

How Stroud is allowed to referee is beyond me. Absolute disgrace of a man.

Shit that Josh went off injured but based on today we still need another 4 players.

I fucking hate Millwall, Morison, all of em. Hope they do get fucked over by the council , scum

What game did you watch! Tex won every ball that mattered and had morrison in his pocket! Although I can't condone his actions at the final whistle
    Didn't think he was awful but he missed the ball so many times and was lucky to get away with it
  • cafc4life said:

For the incident at the end, but his performance in the 90 minutes. Didn't win a header, misplaced pass after pass. Cunt needs a gym membership pretty quick, out muscled by anyone and everyone near him.

Shit that Josh went off injured but based on today we still need another 4 players.

I fucking hate Millwall, Morison, all of em. Hope they do get fucked over by the council , scum

What game did you watch! Tex won every ball that mattered and had morrison in his pocket! Although I can't condone his actions at the final whistle

Behave .
  • edited January 2017

cafc4life said:

Apart from the 2 he let bounce and as a consequence went over his head.

• Overall there was good and bad... neither team could defend.I said before the game that it was key Josh lasted 90 mins.

Was looking very good until big Josh, urged on by the crowd stretched for a challenge that he normally wouldn't have gone for and went down.

We saw KR's inflexibility today. I'm sure the plan was to have Watt come on and run at them for the last 20 mins. Which would have worked. But Watt is not the man to lead the line. Would have preferred Hanlan if we needed someone to play that role. At least Ajose would have stretched them a bit.

Not criticising Watt he worked hard despite looking knackered after 10 mins on the pitch. He made some very good runs and tried to make things happen. He just isn't suited to the role he was asked to play. Karl should have changed the formation or tried something else at some point in the second half.

I enjoyed Karl's Antics on the touchline today. Nice to see him getting annoyed when we all did and him not giving the ball to the scum player for the throw was funny.

Ref water utter utter wank. We all know Stroud is shite but that was the worst yet. Ignoring the goal that should have stood, he was just an bumbling fool. Getting in the way of the player with the ball 3 times in a game, always in the wrong position and always making the wrong decision how is this man even a ref?!!!

As for the Tex sending off, I'm glad he did it. Morrison deserved it the scummy mug.

The tackle on rudd when the ball was in his hands! How was that a yellow? If it's a foul it's off. And the rugby tackle on Dasilva! Not even a yellow! What?

Solly was exceptional always finding space and trying to get the team moving forward. We looked very shakey defensively. Ball over the top for them to run onto worked every time. It's one of the risks of playing this higher line that Robinson has instigated. But it looks like Chris O'laughable is the one setting up the defense.

Think Aribo did well considering Watt was occupying and lot of the same spaces...

Think we saw a decent amount of passion and fight from the side so no complaints there. With amount fully fit squad going into the game, or without the injuries during, or with better refereeing or just a bit of luck we would have won that.

What was the cause of it all kicking off in the North Upper?!
  • Some random thoughts...

Ref prevented Konsa from shooting first half and from breaking away 2nd half. The 2nd one was ridiculous and Les Briley couldn't have done it better.

Byrne looked like Ajose on the wing...and played like Ajose on the wing. He was non-existent 2nd half after an ok first 20 mins.

It was Bauer who kept letting them in behind (he was poor today).

Watt tried hard but had almost no service and definitely no help.

Aribo was lost out there and it was really Crofts who held it together. Not a critiscm of Aribo but he wasn't ready for a scrap.

Tex was superb. Stupid to get a red but was excellent during the game. At last we have a centre back who isn't prepared to let Morissen have it all his own way.

This game came too soon for our new midget signings. With Magennis looking properly crocked, I'd see if we could get Makienok back (I know that won't happen but he was ok and superb at defending set pieces).

Ps...I liked the look of Page. Won his headers and got forward. Real shame he went off. Looks a good player.
  • Macronate said:

Ref was awful. He really is s grade A c***. Why was the goal disallowed?

Game was poor. Injuries didn't help, losing Mag a big blow.

It's funny how fans latch on to the decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you. In a motor with 4 of us listening to BBC London and Karl Robinson and really surprised he dug out the ref. Thought he gave you almost ever decision for the first 75 minutes.
    He even got involved in blocking one of our players off, the useless twat.
  • It was Bauer who kept missing it, not Tex