Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options
    I think we are more likely to see another:

Phillips
    Solly Teixara BFG Fox (or da Silva)
    Crofts
    Konsa aribo

Holmes Chicksen (or da silva)

Magennis

I think Crofts has had a couple of excellent games playing a bit deeper, Konsa and Aribo played well last game and are familiar with the system.

Watt and Forster-Caskey may need a bit longer to get into the starting line-up.

That said, I didn't watch or read our capitulation against Millwall and so I don't know how they set up and whether Robinson may want to change the formation a bit.
  • Options
    So what 'type' of midfielder is he?

If we assume KR wants to go 4231 which role does he fit best? The number 10 or one of the deeper roles..

From what I've read (only seen him a couple times and not watched him in any detail) I can see Karl using him as the 10 or maybe coming in off the left.

Possibly against weaker teams he could line up alongside Crofts and dictate play from deep. But against stronger sides we may need a bit more bite in that role....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You do realise @Garrymanilow won't be happy with this AFKA :wink:

I'm upset I was not consulted
  • Options

RedChaser said:

You do realise @Garrymanilow won't be happy with this AFKA :wink:

I'm upset I was not consulted
    I knew you would be :wink:
  • Options
    That's 3 players signed from Brighton! Reminds me of when we signed Nelson and Gatting and when went back to sign Johnny Robinson a year or so later then we sold Robert Lee to Newcastle!
  • Options
    I cant get it to scan into the song no matter how hard I try.

We've got the Forster
    Jake Forster caskey
    Better than Ricardo vaz te
    We've got the Forster,
    Jake Forster caskey
    He's never let us down
    He's not a network clown
    We've got the Forster

Rinse and repeat...

• Options
    You've either got it or you haven't @Alwaysneil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ben18 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTG6RX6dTKA

Scored against us a few seasons back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26897492

He came off the bench that day. I'd forgotten Jesse Lingard was on loan at Brighton at the time
    brighton also had premiership winning Ulloa scoring that day

first thing i thought is he is this seasons Diego Poyet , not the rough diamond that left us but the nothing player who came back last year , there's my ridiculous gloom to level out the over optimistic shit
  • Options
    Forgot to include the cashing in bit.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    There's only one,

Jake Forster - Caskey,

Yes only one,

Jake Forster - Caskey

His name is so posh,

He earns lots of dosh,

Walking in a Forster - Caskey wonderland.
  • Options
    There's only one JFC - that can't get in a poor Rotherham team that is losing every week ?

However.........I think he will do well for CAFC and it's a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    His he eligible to play against Scum next week?
  • Options

I do think Crofts is slightly underrated on here. At least he can pass forward

Well yes, but it did take until December :wink:
    The change of manager in the dugout presumably... plus he got his first goal for us, so has had a good week or so
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I do think Crofts is slightly underrated on here. At least he can pass forward

Well yes, but it did take until December :wink:
    The change of manager in the dugout presumably... plus he got his first goal for us, so has had a good week or so
    Definitely think Robinson has a huge part in this, have noticed a real difference in Crofts recently. Dictating a little more, looking for those killer passes.

Genuinely think with Crofts and Forster-Caskey in midfield with Holmes, Aribo (maybe Reeves if we can), and Byrne (seems likely to me) - that has the makings of a good, mobile and forward thinking midfield.
  • Options

good sensible Curbs/Powell type signing.

Has things to prove and hopefully will do so with us.

If only we had a Curbs or Powell to do whatever they did to get underachievers back to form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone please please please come up with song about him to the tune of "Don't you want me baby"

• Options

Another addition to the double barrelled surname brigade as well.

If the practice of taking both parents' surnames continues (don't know if it is the case with our players) we will end up with quadruple barrelled names:
    Imagine trying to get Forster-Caskey-Ahearne-Grant on the back of a shirt.
  • Options

To Copacabana...

We've got Forster
    Jake Forster Caskey
    Better THAN Ricardo Vaz Te
    We've got Forster
    Jake Forster Caaaskey,
    Tackles will smash in
    Then Roland will cash in
    We've got Foooorster....

When I see his name Achy Breaky Heart pops into my head.....but I am weird.
  • Options

Someone please please please come up with song about him to the tune of "Don't you want me baby"

Jakey Forster-Caskey
    Forster-Caskey whooaaaahh
    Jakey Forster-Caskey
    Forster-Caskey whooaaaahh

• Options
    I think that works.
  • Options
    'JFC better in the box than KFC'

• Options
    Have we had a Jake before ?
  • Options

Have we had a Jake before ?

I haven't but I can't speak for you SHG
  • Options
    Could be a good signing. Who knows but he is 'cultured' so that's a first with this mob. Who is the last 'cultured' player we've had?