Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Don't know much about him but we need some energy and quality in midfield hope he can add that.

Very technically gifted player with a wonderful left foot and great range of passing. As someone else said, can disappear a bit in matches. He's not an engine room midfielder, more of a 10 or a deep lying playmaker. Needs to work on his reading of the game and consistency.

At this level, he is young, hungry for a permanent home by the sounds of things, and incredibly technically gifted. This is the mold of player Powell would have signed. A player who needs to play regularly in League One but could easily make the step up if we're promoted.
    A bit like Adjarevic?
    No better engine and better defender than that. He's just not in that Carruthers/Cousins mild was what I was trying to say.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTG6RX6dTKA

Scored against us a few seasons back
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Simonsen said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Don't know much about him but we need some energy and quality in midfield hope he can add that.

Very technically gifted player with a wonderful left foot and great range of passing. As someone else said, can disappear a bit in matches. He's not an engine room midfielder, more of a 10 or a deep lying playmaker. Needs to work on his reading of the game and consistency.

At this level, he is young, hungry for a permanent home by the sounds of things, and incredibly technically gifted. This is the mold of player Powell would have signed. A player who needs to play regularly in League One but could easily make the step up if we're promoted.
    A bit like Adjarevic?
    No better engine and better defender than that. He's just not in that Carruthers/Cousins mild was what I was trying to say.
    Sounds good.
  • Options
    Looks like he had a promising start to his career but stalled badly recently. Hopefully will be hungry to get it going again and with KR knowing him, this should help. Also promising is that this is definitely a KR choice not the regime!
  • Options
    The positive thing for me is that at last we have the players coming in that the manager wants.
    Early days i know but if KR can get another couple on board all might not be lost this season.

Roland and Katie can still piss of though
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

SDAddick said:

Simonsen said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

A bit like Adjarevic?
    Sounds good.
    I think Dale Stephens is a decent shout for a comparison. When he was with us he looked to play that defense splitting pass more than I've seen JFC do, but Stephens is a good player for JFC to look to to model his game on, that deep lying midfielder who can break up play and pass.
  • Options
    This is all very well but what number shirt will he have so I can update the stats spreadsheet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another addition to the double barrelled surname brigade as well.
  • Options

Good for the shirt name business
  • Options

they'll struggle to fit it on the big screen let alone the back of the shirt
  • Options

This is all very well but what number shirt will he have so I can update the stats spreadsheet

What shirts do we have free at the moment? 7, 12, 19? My money is on 19.
  • Options

I've kept quiet for the last few days as I know Jake well. He's my brothers very good friend and he asked I kept anything he said confidential.

He has unlimited potential, but by his own admission he took his foot off the gas and hasn't made as much of an impact as he'd have hoped over the past 18 months. I liken him to Diego Poyet in that he needs to really settle down and push on now or else it will be unfulfilled potential.

He's arguably more comfortable in the number 4 position than box to box, but has a great engine and a good range of passing. He's also quicker than Crofts and Ulvestad so we should be able to transition more quickly between defence / attack and attack / defence. He kept Jordan Cousins out of the England U21 team and Gareth Southgate supposedly saw Jake as a more technically complete player where as Jordan was far more athletic, but less cultured.

Most importantly however, he really wants to be here. He's very close to his family and didn't really settle at Rotherham at all this year. He's very happy to be moving to a local club where he can be closer to his friends and family and concentrate on just his football.

Let's hope it works out for all concerned.

Great to hear. Completely agree that from what I've seen he's far more technically completely than Cousins. Pass along our welcome. Really hope he settles here, I think he could end up being a fantastic signing.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

What shirts do we have free at the moment? 7, 12, 19? My money is on 19.
    he'll go for 7 ..
  • Options

I've kept quiet for the last few days as I know Jake well. He's my brothers very good friend and he asked I kept anything he said confidential.

He has unlimited potential, but by his own admission he took his foot off the gas and hasn't made as much of an impact as he'd have hoped over the past 18 months. I liken him to Diego Poyet in that he needs to really settle down and push on now or else it will be unfulfilled potential.

He's arguably more comfortable in the number 4 position than box to box, but has a great engine and a good range of passing. He's also quicker than Crofts and Ulvestad so we should be able to transition more quickly between defence / attack and attack / defence. He kept Jordan Cousins out of the England U21 team and Gareth Southgate supposedly saw Jake as a more technically complete player where as Jordan was far more athletic, but less cultured.

Most importantly however, he really wants to be here. He's very close to his family and didn't really settle at Rotherham at all this year. He's very happy to be moving to a local club where he can be closer to his friends and family and concentrate on just his football.

Welcome to the Club Jake....
  • Options
    Happy with the signing sounds like a Powell man, who has something to prove. The Lookman deal was great if you take it purely as a league 1 team getting top dollar for a player.
  • Options
    Welcome Jake !
  • Options
    Does this signing mean the end of Ulvestad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Does this signing mean the end of Ulvestad?

Burnley might want him back
  • Options
    JFC and Ulvestad together, short-passing League One into oblivion while Crofts, Konsa and Aribo do the hard yards. It's a vision.

Oh, what's that? Five central midfielders too many? Pfah.
  • Options

His step-dad played for us.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

JFC and Ulvestad together, short-passing League One into oblivion while Crofts, Konsa and Aribo do the hard yards. It's a vision.

Oh, what's that? Five central midfielders too many? Pfah.

• Options

Can you make sure that someone tells him that any colourful language that may be directed in his drection from the stands, should a pass or a tackle go awry, is all meant as nothing more than a demonstration of how much those making them love him? It's all meant in the best possible taste, and designed to boost the self-confidence and ability of the recipient.

Every season there is one player who will receive more of this love than all the others, and given the reported interest from a certain Sheffield club....
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Song sorted

Forster oh Forster-Caskey should be able to transition more quickly between defence/attack and attack/defence for me
    Kinda works if you're using cocacobana for the tune...?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Song sorted

Forster oh Forster-Caskey should be able to transition more quickly between defence/attack and attack/defence for me
    Or as was sung in the old days

"He's here's
    He's there
    He's every flippin' where
    JFC, JFC"
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTG6RX6dTKA

Scored against us a few seasons back

Well that looks better than any of our central midfield could manage.
  • Options
    erudite young man .. from 2 years ago ..
    https://youtu.be/O7R32VMKQTA