Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options
    Hasn't played too much since the '14/15 season if Wiki is to be believed.

Anyone seen him play ? What sort of player is he ? Where would he fit in ?
  • Options
    Decent on paper done well for England. But Rotherham fan at my work says he showed nothing for them.
  • Options
    Struggled at Rotherham recently, good prospect but doesn't quite cut it in the Champ. Good League One signing with the right players around him (players who can drive with the ball)
  • Options

Decent on paper done well for England. But Rotherham fan at my work says he showed nothing for them.

Wrong club, wrong time maybe?
  • Options
    Does anyone ITK have an idea of the fee we paid? My guess would be 250K-500K?
  • Options
    I don't know much about him, but as he's been signed for exactly the same amount of money as Lookman was sold for (ie "undisclosed"), he should be as good as Lookman, but with a bit more experience as he's older. In which case, good job.

Although net/net we are only back to the thin squad we had before Lookman was sold. So still 4? 5? more players needed.
  • Options
    Two & a half years for a 22year old - bit different to the bewilderingly long contracts Roly, Tom & Daisy were dishing out not so long ago. Hard lines Jake, looks like your agent has missed a trick there. Welcome to the toxic pantomime, here's to an improving script with fewer unintentional pratfalls.
    KR can expect his "helpful" email from Roly within hours.

New Scarfy is a rather drab and uninspiring example btw...
  • Options

Wrong club, wrong time maybe?
    He showed nothing for a championship club struggling at the bottom of the league, now he has come to an upward moving club in League 1, playing exciting football, (please)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must have been a snap decision by Hughton to let him go. When I saw him going into Tesco at Lewes a couple of weeks ago, he didn't mention it.
  • Options
    well .. Wolfman/Ulvestad is only here on loan and Crofts is no spring chicken .. this looks like a 'development' move, still one for the future ..
    Robinson had him at MK so knows his potential .. I can't see how immediately he is going to massively improve our midfield .. we will see

Welcome Jake and all the very best of good fortune
  • Options
    Reserving judgement till I've seen him play but the fact he couldn't get a regular spot in a shit Rotherham team worries me.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Good signing.

A left footed player with good energy, mobile, and likes to play in more advanced roles but one who can definitely play alongside Crofts.

Used to playing in teams who are good footballing, expansive and attacking. Has worked with Robinson before and represented England U21's.

What's not to like? - think he will do well, even better he can settle here now rather than thinking he'll only be at the club for a few months.

Welcome Jake.

Spot on - good to see some positivity!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sage said:

Good signing.

A left footed player with good energy, mobile, and likes to play in more advanced roles but one who can definitely play alongside Crofts.

Used to playing in teams who are good footballing, expansive and attacking. Has worked with Robinson before and represented England U21's.

What's not to like? - think he will do well, even better he can settle here now rather than thinking he'll only be at the club for a few months.

Welcome Jake.

Could he be the number ten Robinson wants or is he more of a Cousins replacement?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Good signing.

Welcome Jake.

I've not seen much of him. Is he a similar type of player to Harry Arter?
  • Options
    Who is going to provide the YouTube video then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

well .. Wolfman/Ulvestad is only here on loan and Crofts is no spring chicken .. this looks like a 'development' move, still one for the future ..
    Robinson had him at MK so knows his potential .. I can't see how immediately he is going to massively improve our midfield .. we will see

Er - he's coming up to 23. Not a development move for the future.
  • Options
    defo not a development move; straight into the first team squad and I think it will be a positive signing.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Dizzle said:

Who is going to provide the YouTube video then?

Best I could find

https://youtu.be/JV43IxQ2XK8
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Don't know much about him but we need some energy and quality in midfield hope he can add that.

Very technically gifted player with a wonderful left foot and great range of passing. As someone else said, can disappear a bit in matches. He's not an engine room midfielder, more of a 10 or a deep lying playmaker. Needs to work on his reading of the game and consistency.

At this level, his is young, hungry for a permanent home by the sounds of things, and incredibly technically gifted. This is the mold of player Powell would have signed. A player who needs to play regularly in League One but could easily make the step up if we're promoted.
    Good shout
  • Options

Er - he's coming up to 23. Not a development move for the future.
    that really is my point .. STILL one for the future at 22/23 ..
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Don't know much about him but we need some energy and quality in midfield hope he can add that.

Very technically gifted player with a wonderful left foot and great range of passing. As someone else said, can disappear a bit in matches. He's not an engine room midfielder, more of a 10 or a deep lying playmaker. Needs to work on his reading of the game and consistency.

At this level, he is young, hungry for a permanent home by the sounds of things, and incredibly technically gifted. This is the mold of player Powell would have signed. A player who needs to play regularly in League One but could easily make the step up if we're promoted.
    A bit like Adjarevic?
  • Options

Never seen him play, any good?

At moment yes. In a couple of weeks - no
  • Options
    Bit surprised the fee is undisclosed