Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    To me, a pleb with no ITK sources, the supposed contract clause comes across a nothing but rumour and supposition from fans clinging on to a player that was quality a couple of years ago but no longer exists.

There are two possibilities:
    1. he’s been injured so often that his body is no longer up to the level that’s needed
    2. there’s the magic clause in his contract and we don’t want to pay it

If we had no intention of triggering the clause, why did his contract get renewed? To move him on? Ok but he is actually a good player when healthy so if he’s truly ready to play, why are there no takers for him, even in the league below?

The club has a history of giving contracts to crocked players. To me, with no ITK sources, the conclusion makes sense. It just looks like another one on a growing list.
    Surely if this clause actually exists, all parties would now benefit from tearing up the contract now.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    To me, a pleb with no ITK sources, the supposed contract clause comes across a nothing but rumour and supposition from fans clinging on to a player that was quality a couple of years ago but no longer exists.

1. he’s been injured so often that his body is no longer up to the level that’s needed

If we had no intention of triggering the clause, why did his contract get renewed? To move him on? Ok but he is actually a good player when healthy so if he’s truly ready to play, why are there no takers for him, even in the league below?

The club has a history of giving contracts to crocked players. To me, with no ITK sources, the conclusion makes sense. It just looks like another one on a growing list.
    Surely if this clause actually exists, all parties would now benefit from tearing up the contract now.  
    Well it doesn't benefit him if he can't sign for anyone else until 1st January.  It might have been tye best solution yesterday.
  • Options
    Just starting my day in N. America. What's the deal with Jake then, did he get his move last night? Is that confirmed off? Is he know going to be brought out of the cold and used as the potentially valuable midfield asset that he is, or are we gong to cancel a contract we gave him, under no obligation, a few months ago?

Anyone know what's going on with him?
    My cynical take is he's signed up for the season, apparently one of our better earners, unwanted by the manager and seemingly can't be arsed to find another club. Basically he's this season's Ben Watson.
    That I suspect is terribly unfair.

As I understand it, it was the club that took up their option to sign F-C up for another year - not FC signing willingly.

Presumably the club did it because they thought they could sell him and get a fee when doing so. They were wrong.

F-C put in as good a shift as anyone in the PJT earlier this week. He wasn't just strolling around like Ben Watson. 

If the club wanted F-C out, they shouldn't have given him a contract. It is their fault he is still here and refuses to be pushed out the door.

And while he is here, it would be mad not to use him. 
    I agree with this, up until the last sentence.  I just don’t get the hype, and I think so many people elevate his capability, because bar the season we got promoted under Bowyer and the first few months of the Championship season, we’ve been pretty crap during his time here.  

I really think he’s a player symptomatic of the last few years and accepting mediocrity and trying to dress it up as okay.  The injuries haven’t helped, even one was bad enough, but I recall him in that team with Kashi under Robinson.  We were poor.  He was as much a part of that as anyone else. I saw him described as a rolls Royce player for league one on twitter a month or so ago.  It stuck with me because I thought, that’s mental.  Yann was a rolls Royce player for league one, Aribo was.  Not JFC.  He was right at home in a mid table league one team imo.  

The injuries skew it because we’ll never know if his next move from us not injured would’ve been back up the league, similar or downwards.  

I think it’s a general trend.  We inflate average players’ capabilities.  Gilbey, JFC, DJ.  They’re just average.  
  • Options

They were takers in the league below but why should he go there when it was us that instigated the contract extension.

No one will pay for him when he has played 1 league game in 15 months.  We get lambasted for it, yet expect someone to do the very same.

Let's wait and see.
  • Options
    Agreed, he's with us until at least January, it would be crazy to not use him when necessary. It's not as if we have that many midfielders.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Just starting my day in N. America. What's the deal with Jake then, did he get his move last night? Is that confirmed off? Is he know going to be brought out of the cold and used as the potentially valuable midfield asset that he is, or are we gong to cancel a contract we gave him, under no obligation, a few months ago?

My cynical take is he's signed up for the season, apparently one of our better earners, unwanted by the manager and seemingly can't be arsed to find another club. Basically he's this season's Ben Watson.

As I understand it, it was the club that took up their option to sign F-C up for another year - not FC signing willingly.

Presumably the club did it because they thought they could sell him and get a fee when doing so. They were wrong.

F-C put in as good a shift as anyone in the PJT earlier this week. He wasn't just strolling around like Ben Watson. 

If the club wanted F-C out, they shouldn't have given him a contract. It is their fault he is still here and refuses to be pushed out the door.

I agree with this, up until the last sentence.  I just don’t get the hype, and I think so many people elevate his capability, because bar the season we got promoted under Bowyer and the first few months of the Championship season, we’ve been pretty crap during his time here.  

I really think he’s a player symptomatic of the last few years and accepting mediocrity and trying to dress it up as okay.  The injuries haven’t helped, even one was bad enough, but I recall him in that team with Kashi under Robinson.  We were poor.  He was as much a part of that as anyone else. I saw him described as a rolls Royce player for league one on twitter a month or so ago.  It stuck with me because I thought, that’s mental.  Yann was a rolls Royce player for league one, Aribo was.  Not JFC.  He was right at home in a mid table league one team imo.  

The injuries skew it because we’ll never know if his next move from us not injured would’ve been back up the league, similar or downwards.  

I think it’s a general trend.  We inflate average players’ capabilities.  Gilbey, JFC, DJ.  They’re just average.  
    Very average JFC scored a higher statbank rating in 20/21 than Dobson did in 21/22.  Gilbey, DJ and many others were very average.  JFC wasn't.  I don't think we can say either way how good he is now, because we don't actually know.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:

Well it doesn't benefit him if he can't sign for anyone else until 1st January.  It might have been tye best solution yesterday.
    I didn’t realise that; thanks for the clarity .  It’s a shame if it is the case .  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Very average JFC scored a higher statbank rating in 20/21 than Dobson did in 21/22.  Gilbey, DJ and many others were very average.  JFC wasn't.  I don't think we can say either way how good he is now, because we don't actually know.
    I agree re: now, and it’s so hard to recover from one ACL, let alone two.  But our statbanks in 20/21 and 21/22, 2 unsuccessful seasons, even though he had a higher rating than Dobson, doesn’t necessarily mean he is/was better than average overall.  

I’ve always accepted I’m in a minority with my opinions of him, but I just set the bar at the promotion seasons. It’s all I can go by.  20/21 finished okay, but I remember some dog awful football at times.  If you look back over his time here, prior to his injuries, personally I don’t see what he’s done to warrant the sort of hyperbole I’ve seen.  
  • Options
    I will caveat that with the fact that had he been fit during the promotion season under Bowyer, he may have played a big part, but I wouldn’t have picked him ahead of Cullen, Aribo or Bielik, so where would he have played.  They’re all a lot better imo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a shameful thing to write about our longest serving player. And we fans complain when footballers lack a sense of loyalty. Footballers can't win sometimes.
  • Options
    So playing in cup games does not count I suppose. Thstvis a strange playing contract you lot are suggesting he agreed to.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    So playing in cup games does not count I suppose. Thstvis a strange playing contract you lot are suggesting he agreed to.
    I suspect that he agreed it after he did his ACL and it was something like X amount a week until he was back and after Y games he got a pay rise to comparable to what he would have been on if he hadn't had the injury.  I think that's why he wasn't playing towards the end of last season.

They club thought they could sell him, there was quite a bit of championship interest before the injury and not have to pay him.  Win win.

Now they are stuck with a player they can't/won't  play and can't sell because he hasn't played.
  • Options
    he does play. he played in the Papa Johns the other night.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    he does play. he played in the Papa Johns the other night.
    It's not a run of games to prove his fitness though is it and we don't have a Papa John's game in September.
  • Options
    oh and the Carobo cup.
  • Options
    Glad he's still here, he'll be used in the first team before too long as we're bound to get a few injuries 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    msomerton said:
    I suspect that he agreed it after he did his ACL and it was something like X amount a week until he was back and after Y games he got a pay rise to comparable to what he would have been on if he hadn't had the injury.  I think that's why he wasn't playing towards the end of last season.

They club thought they could sell him, there was quite a bit of championship interest before the injury and not have to pay him.  Win win.

Now they are stuck with a player they can't/won't  play and can't sell because he hasn't played.
    I get signing him to sell him on. We did it with Davison. There's some sense with it.

But you have to have a contingency plan. Also, if you don't trust his health, then you need to assume other teams will have a hard time trusting his health as well. 

We have a good a player who we could either sell and make back some money, or keep and have him be arguably one of our first choice midfielders. It seems like a low risk, high reward situation. 

Instead, we haven't sold him. And we can't/won't play him. 

Was the mistake signing McGranldes or Payne before offloading JFC? Is McGrandles better than JFC? Will he cost less money this year, given he came on a free and will have required a signing bonus in addition to whatever wages?

I just don't get how we've screwed this situation up so badly. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    msomerton said:

I get signing him to sell him on. We did it with Davison. There's some sense with it.

But you have to have a contingency plan. Also, if you don't trust his health, then you need to assume other teams will have a hard time trusting his health as well. 

We have a good a player who we could either sell and make back some money, or keep and have him be arguably one of our first choice midfielders. It seems like a low risk, high reward situation. 

Was the mistake signing McGranldes or Payne before offloading JFC? Is McGrandles better than JFC? Will he cost less money this year, given he came on a free and will have required a signing bonus in addition to whatever wages?

The answer to you question is simple, our owner thinks he is cleverer than the rest of the owners in the football league.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    msomerton said:

The answer to you question is simple, our owner thinks he is cleverer than the rest of the owners in the football league.
    He's not even the cleverest man in the room...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should never have given him a new contract last year when he was injured then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Maybe harsh but thems the breaks.  We are now reaping what we sowed last year, and then compounding the problem by taking up the option of signing him for another year......all to get what, £200k from xyz club ?? 

This club is falling apart. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    msomerton said:

I have no doubt that that is true. I also think it's true of most owners most likely. They just gave the good sense to hire people to help them run the club. Unfortunately, Sandgaard does not.

Should never have given him a new contract last year when he was injured then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Maybe harsh but thems the breaks.  We are now reaping what we sowed last year, and then compounding the problem by taking up the option of signing him for another year......all to get what, £200k from xyz club ?? 

This club is falling apart. 
    I mean a 200k transfer fee for two months of wages is nothing to shake your fist at at this level. I don't think JFC would go for that now though. Maybe 50k? I really have no clue, but for 50k, if he's on 5k per week and you pay him for two months, you make a net 10k. And you've taken up how much time negotiating a fee for him and whatnot? That would be stupid.

Please note, I have no idea what footballers make these days. Or how much transfer fees at this level are. All of the figures above are made up.