Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options
    Bald chap, never missed a penalty
  • Options
    Rob said:

Could be a good signing. Who knows but he is 'cultured' so that's a first with this mob. Who is the last 'cultured' player we've had?

Lawrie Madden - University educated
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Rob said:

Could be a good signing. Who knows but he is 'cultured' so that's a first with this mob. Who is the last 'cultured' player we've had?

Lawrie Madden - University educated
    Has he paid his student loan off yet?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Does that mean he likes the opera?
  • Options

Someone please please please come up with song about him to the tune of "Don't you want me baby"

Jakey Forster-Caskey
    Forster-Caskey whooaaaahh
    Jakey Forster-Caskey

Only 4 words. Our fans might remember this.
  • Options

Someone please please please come up with song about him to the tune of "Don't you want me baby"

Jakey Forster-Caskey
    Jakey Forster-Caskey

Only 4 words. Our fans might remember this.
    We'd sing it too fast.
  • Options
    Themistrollinginnfromrhethamesmydesire
  • Options
    Good God he's been shit tonight
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Thank god for that, after all he has been here a month. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

In good company.....
  • Options
    It doesn't take long!
  • Options
    He was utter shite at Oldham as well. But let's give him another 20 games to prove his shite like all the other crap before him.
  • Options
    he couldn't get into a shit Rotherham side, I wasn't expecting much
  • Options
    Let's not pick on the one bloke, the whole team bar Mav was shit.
  • Options
    New whipping boy - it's only been a matter of time since Fox left.

Don't think you can really judge a player after 5 games.
  • Options
    His name could be longer than his Charlton career.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    One moment last night where he chose to lump a falling ball back into nowhere when he had time to control. Oxford player then does exactly what he should have done and controls it and passes back to defender. Not impressed so far.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Let's not pick on the one bloke, the whole team bar Mav was shit.

Anyway - I thought Page was the new boo boy target

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know I only get my fix from CL but wasn't he "assessed" as "handy" on his debut?

If that is the case, we must be Charltonising them super fast nowadays. Could someone please provide a list of players to boo, by level of boo, it's getting confusing supporting this shower!
  • Options
    I've only seen JFC twice. Fleetwood and last night. Was like chalk and cheese. Perhaps explains why he's here in the first place and notvstill with Brighton. There is a player in there. Hope we can find some consistency but he was as poor last night as he was good against fleetwood.
  • Options
    Looked like he had somewhere else to be last night, he didn't fancy it from the start. I can't understand how he lasted 20 minutes let alone started the 2nd half. But when the fat gobshite manager is laughing and joking with his lickspittle, despite being a goal down to a poor side and playing dreadfully, you can kind of see why certain types might be inclined to slack off.
  • Options

I've only seen JFC twice. Fleetwood and last night. Was like chalk and cheese. Perhaps explains why he's here in the first place and notvstill with Brighton. There is a player in there. Hope we can find some consistency but he was as poor last night as he was good against fleetwood.

We've had a few players like that over the last couple of years - hero to zero but rarely zero to hero. But that's what you get when you want to do things on the cheap - you end up buying players with baggage in some shape or form.
  • Options

His name could be longer than his Charlton career.

25 games these days warrants a Testimonial. ;)
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15437348.Charlton_midfielder__I___m_no_Karl_Robinson_favourite/

“I don't think anyone knows if they’ll be playing come the first weekend [of the season] and I’m definitely no different.”

He added: “It’s all to play for. We need to earn our chance to play in this team - it’s a big club.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    One thing that amazes me about very clever football people, and that includes England managers, is how they don't understand that some players can score goals and some can't. This rule is relative, and applies to all levels. What it should mean is that even if you are not the best player, if you are a player who can put the ball in tehback of the net in a side that lacks goals, you need to be the first name on the team sheet.

Somebody made the point on another thread I think, but if we are going to have a chance of promotion, we need to get 70 plus goals this season. It isn't just about your strikers getting 15-20, but where the other goals are going to come from. Any decent manager needs to work out where they are going to come from. For that reason JFC would be the first name on my teamsheet if I was Robinson.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Tend to agree. But there must be an element of man management though don't you think? No player should think he's a shoe in and can play shite regardless, surely?
  • Options
    Under Powell when we had those who could score goals in the team we tended to score, rocket science eh...

If I recall we had 5 or 6 who knew where the net was on occasion, it makes sense, they don't all have to be strikers, and some like Jackson can defend.