Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• It's official then?
  • Reliable source ... Still a bit baffled as to why he didn't play more at Rotherham. But KR seems to know him and we'll and this is a good sign in that it's ribbo picking the players if nothing else
  • About as reliable as a twitter source gets. He generally won't post deals until they're over the line.
  • Official. CAFC just tweeted it.
  • yay, Scarfy is back !

Not the real scarfy... :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent little player but we still need another three or four.
  • Never seen him play, any good?
  • George Jones reports

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of Jake Forster-Caskey on a permanent transfer from Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 22-year-old midfielder has put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year deal at The Valley and joins the Addicks for an undisclosed fee.

Forster-Caskey worked under Manager Karl Robinson at Milton Keynes Dons last season and becomes our second addition of the January transfer window following the loan signing of Jay Dasilva from Chelsea.

Robinson said: “I am really pleased to sign Jake, he is a real talent who has shown his quality in the Championship and to be able to attract him to League One is a strong statement of intent and shows what a big club Charlton Athletic is.

“When I joined Charlton, I earmarked him as the type of player we’d need but I thought it would be difficult with him being on loan at Rotherham, to sign him on a permanent deal is fantastic for us.

“I had Jake at Milton Keynes last season and he did so well for me that we loaned him again in January. He’s a talented midfielder with a real quality who will add a lot to our team, I’m looking forward to seeing him at the Sparrows Lane training ground and working with him again.”

Forster-Caskey said: “I’m delighted to join Charlton, I’ve been going out on loan for the last year, so I’m delighted to finally get a home. The club has got ambitions, so have I, and so does the Manager.

"We’re all looking up. I want to get back to the Championship and so does this club. It’s a huge club and I just can’t wait to get started.”

Forster-Caskey joined Brighton’s academy in 2007 and progressed through the ranks before making his senior debut against Yeovil Town in May 2009 when he became Albion’s youngest ever first-team debutant.

In 2012/13, the cultured midfielder joined Oxford United on loan where he made 16 appearances, scoring three goals, and at the end of that campaign he returned to the south coast to help guide the Seagulls into the Championship play-offs.

He played 34 times as Brighton again secured a top-six finish the following year and in 2014/15 he made a further 29 appearances in the Championship.

Capped by England in every age group from U16 to U21, Forster-Caskey linked up with Robinson at Stadium MK last season. He spent the first half of this term on loan at Rotherham United and joins the Addicks having made a total of 82 appearances for Brighton.

Forster-Caskey’s step father, Nicky Forster, played 10 games for Charlton Athletic in 2010, scoring two goals while playing in the same first-team squad as current Addick Chris Solly.

Stay tuned to cafc.co.uk for Forster-Caskey's first interview as a Charlton player.
  • Good signing, hopefully
  • "#WelcomeJake | The 19-year-old midfielder has joined on a two-and-a-half-year deal --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-jake-forster-caskey-transfer-done-deal-3503006.aspx … #cafc"

From twitter. Is he 19 or 22? Seems we can't even get that right...
  • That tweet got deleted pretty quickly
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news hopefully.
  • Undisclosed fee. How original.
  • as others have said need 5 or 6 i think of league 1 at least qaulity, tony watt coming back and if kr can get him to his best is like a new signing and this is 2 still need 3 or 4 more.
  • Anyone seen him play? Any good?
  • Don't know much about him but we need some energy and quality in midfield hope he can add that.
  • edited January 2017

The fee, £7.5m, rising to £10m with add hard-ons

• yay, Scarfy is back !

Not the real scarfy... :-(
    too true.

All gone down hill since scarfy left.
  • text off a brighton mate;

seemed to disapear in every championship game hes played in ( loved sideways passes) but was generally starting for england u21s, so must have something about him, personally id say league 1 is his level.
  • Made it into the same England U-21 squad as Jordan Cousins. I'm surprised we've managed ti get him permanently, looks like a good signing