Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• I ended up booing all of them - shocking display, team didn't have a clue, lost count of the misplaced passed. We were turned over completely by an average third division side - great isn't it?
    redbuttle said:

masicat said:

If there are any tossers on here who booed Fox, would you have booed Lookman? Serious question.

masicat said:

If there are any tossers on here who booed Fox, would you have booed Lookman? Serious question.

masicat said:

O

Totally agree. Well said

• We lost, at home,to Peterborough.

Jesus.
  • Just watched the goals... Tex completely take out of the picture for their second - then he almost walks back! Great goal however
  • Our midfield were out fought and paced again. That won't change until we hopefully bring a few in January.

I can't believe Ajose scored as many goals as he did last season. Not just today but every time I've seen him he has poor control, poor passing and he constantly seems to run away from where the ball is actually going. I think he's a very poor player.

Milwall next up if they hassle us I fear we could grumble on Wednesday night.
  • Is it true as suggested elsewhere that Robbo sat on the bench and O'Laughlin was orchestrating from touchline.
  • Is it true as suggested elsewhere that Robbo sat on the bench and O'Laughlin was orchestrating from touchline.

No.

• We lost, at home,to Peterborough.

Jesus.

Theres a lot worse to come im afraid
  • saw Millwall at Scunny today they lost 3-0, deserved to lose but not by that much .. missed two good chances before Scunny ruthlessly took theirs

Millwall have little to offer up front .. BUT .. it's a young pacey team and will give us trouble in midfield .. they seem to have good spirit, they didn't give up even 3-0 down ..
    obviously didn't see us today, we're gonna have to be at least as good as we were at Bradford to get anything on Wednesday ..
    I am praying that our players are not demoralised, not pissed off with the new manager and that they give it a right good go .. it's Millwall, we need to break the hoodoo .. I'm not convinced that Robinson will select a side competent enough to do that
  • What is the opposite of a new manager bounce?

Wasn't there and sounds like that was a good call from me.

Seen us in 3 games, won 2, drawn 1. Could it be the first time I see us unbeaten in a season? (Hmm, going Millwall Weds so unlikely).
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Is it true as suggested elsewhere that Robbo sat on the bench and O'Laughlin was orchestrating from touchline.

No.

Who was the tall bloke in the overcoat "managing" the team, whilst KR was sat down holding a piece of paper then ? #genuinelyinterested
  • saw Millwall at Scunny today they lost 3-0, deserved to lose but not by that much .. missed two good chances before Scunny ruthlessly took theirs

Millwall have little to offer up front .. BUT .. it's a young pacey team and will give us trouble in midfield .. they seem to have good spirit, they didn't give up even 3-0 down ..
    obviously didn't see us today, we're gonna have to be at least as good as we were at Bradford to get anything on Wednesday ..
    I am praying that our players are not demoralised, not pissed off with the new manager and that they give it a right good go .. it's Millwall, we need to break the hoodoo .. I'm not convinced that Robinson will select a side competent enough to do that

Am i right in thinking Steve Morrison is 'back' now?
  • edited December 2016
    It looked like Charlton played with 10 men, maybe 9 because the formation and lack of movement was awful. So far I can not see what KR has done on the training ground, to improve on Slade. Clearly nothing was working, so formation should have changed at half time to create greater passing options.

Seen us in 3 games, won 2, drawn 1. Could it be the first time I see us unbeaten in a season? (Hmm, going Millwall Weds so unlikely).

With us though it is more than likely to be a new manager plop!
  • edited December 2016
    sammy391 said:

saw Millwall at Scunny today they lost 3-0, deserved to lose but not by that much .. missed two good chances before Scunny ruthlessly took theirs

Am i right in thinking Steve Morrison is 'back' now?
    He came on for the second half (in place of Onyedinma, a skinny youngster who is gonna be good in a year or so) .. but Morison did nothing special, nothing of note, just his usual awkward self ..
    I think that Gregory missed him as a front partner from the start, Gregory had to come deeper and deeper to get in the game .. as I typed above, they were weak up front .. mind you, the Scunny defence was good and solid.

.. might be a different story if a FIT Morison and Gregory start on Wednesday against our jittery outfit ..
  • Who's "fault" was the first goal? It was clearly poor marking by somebody
  • Same shit, different coach

And that's not a train reference

This is so true though. Why is it that at Charlton we go through manager after manager and next to nothing tactics or team selection wise seems to change, whereas clubs like Sheff Utd get a new manager and he gets them playing a whole new brand of football like a completely different club after a month.
  • Apart from a few minutes in the second half I thought we got totally outplayed, KR needs to perform a minor miracle, actually a major one.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016

Same shit, different coach

And that's not a train reference

This is so true though. Why is it that at Charlton we go through manager after manager and next to nothing tactics or team selection wise seems to change, whereas clubs like Sheff Utd get a new manager and he gets them playing a whole new brand of football like a completely different club after a month.
    It's obvious.

Roland.

He got in between Tex & Magennis.

Sadly our bounce came with the inspirational and brilliant appointment by Meire of Chris O'Laughlin ... Robinson came too late to ride that wave.
  • First time I've been available and neither gone to the game or watched the match thread.

In a pub full of Charlton fans, I could not build support for us all going and watching the game
  • Dire first half display, slightly less bad in the second.
  • Houston; We have a problem.
  • Not so much a lack of desire but a lack of belief. Needed more patients.

Tex, 3 times he did the same, got away with it twice. It seems, today at least, his tactic was to try to stop the man rather than deal with the ball.